Advice for cars with cameras installed......

Iwant

Hi to all those with cameras installed in their cars... [wave]

Got stopped in Immigration Custom (from MY back SG) over the weekend over the cameras (front and back) for closed to an hour...

Apparently, the officers had no idea what the cameras are for and after much explanation, they did a check with LTA but no firm reply from their side....In the end, they took photos of the cameras and car...saying they will revert back to us....

Probably can try to disconnect the cameras before entering customs as it is illegal to take photos and video in the area.... [sweatdrop]

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Yup. Have been wondering about this for a long time as well. Especially those that drive into areas that cannot bring cameras also. Installed a car camera but sometimes I drive into army camps they never say anything. But normally if I remember I will turn off the camera before driving into camp.

But I am sure a lot of people would have totally forgotten about the fact that they have a camera in their car....

So still waiting for LTA...which I am not sure how their response is going to be like...

Not a lot of officers will be so siao on to go ask what is this...what is that?? It is just swayness that we have one siao on cisco officer that day...

but its true that no picture/video taking at SG custom (Mal side not sure)... strickly speaking, the owner can be charge for that...

Have been staring at the board (NO pictures and Video Recording allowed) while waiting there... It states that the owner will be ask to surrender the film or erase the recordings from the video camera.....

No recording devices at high security locations. I doubt they so kuku dont know what it is (Unless is female?).

Anyway I using garmin 2575r the camera is very small.

Probably around 3cmx3cmx3cm and its mounted on the same mount as GPS.

Unless u look really hard u wont c it.

Thats why I say sway plus got siao on officer ma... [laugh]

Anyway for those with camera just be careful la....

Like that better unplug the power before go through, save all the hassle lol!

Better to unplug these out-dated ICA policies... they should keep up with the times and not sit on their backside all day and think out of their asses...

Govt not always right, and they are human too...

ICA is so out dated.......... nowadays, every gadget comes with a camera. What's the big deal about it?

even if they can stop cars installing cameras, every person's hp has camera... then how? make us surrender our hps each time we pass through customs? how about ipad or tablets?

The difference might be continuous recording of the security process from the car camera.

Do you feel the same when someone is holding a camera in his pocket vs someone holding a camera st eye level with you in the toilet?

ICA is so out dated.......... nowadays, every gadget comes with a camera. What's the big deal about it?

even if they can stop cars installing cameras, every person's hp has camera... then how? make us surrender our hps each time we pass through customs? how about ipad or tablets?

Like that better unplug the power before go through, save all the hassle lol!

I think you mean unclip the entire camera right?

If the camera is still there the security guy might still be suspicious and may not believe you are not recording prior to being checked. And then all the checks and questioning will still follow...

Just pray that during this "vulnerable" period w/o the cameras, touch wood no one "kisses" your ride because there will be no video footage as evidence....

I think you mean unclip the entire camera right?

If the camera is still there the security guy might still be suspicious and may not believe you are not recording prior to being checked. And then all the checks and questioning will still follow...

Just pray that during this "vulnerable" period w/o the cameras, touch wood no one "kisses" your ride because there will be no video footage as evidence....

I am using Black Vue, easy to remove and install back to the bracket, two seconds can liao :D

Hi guys, anyone know if Car Cameras are allowed into SAF camps/airbases?

I'm not refering to NSmen who drive into camps for IPPT/RT/ICT etc, its for regulars or NSF who drive to camp on a daily basis, are they really strict abt car cameras too? I'm going overseas for awhile, so lending my car to a relative, but I dont want to take out the car cam cos troublesome to put it back and adjust the positioning.

Hi guys, anyone know if Car Cameras are allowed into SAF camps/airbases?

I'm not refering to NSmen who drive into camps for IPPT/RT/ICT etc, its for regulars or NSF who drive to camp on a daily basis, are they really strict abt car cameras too? I'm going overseas for awhile, so lending my car to a relative, but I dont want to take out the car cam cos troublesome to put it back and adjust the positioning.

I think for military installations, they are strict on all " recording devices" , well a camera is a camera be it if installed in a phone or on a car.

↡ Advertisement