Retail and F&B salary

Donut

Supercharged

i started to notice the salaries of retail and F&B are so low... No wonder FTs are hired..

Muji - $1300 monthly, shift work, 2 days off in a week

Kenny Rogers - service staff $1050 and kitchen staff $1150 monthly with meals and incentives

Feel free to add in what u know about other shops and restaurants

↡ Advertisement

not sure what star cruise pay, but spoke to one of the staff and heard they are working 7 days a week, 10 hour shift, continuous for 10 mths and 2 mths off.

thats why service industry quality is so poor

and employers stop saying that its due to competition and raising salaries will raise prices of retail goods, comparative to other working capital requirements and assets, i think that staff salaries form a smaller part of overheads

partly its also due to the govt ft policy which results in a flood of foreign workers to fill these posts at these cheap rates.

thats why service industry quality is so poor

and employers stop saying that its due to competition and raising salaries will raise prices of retail goods, comparative to other working capital requirements and assets, i think that staff salaries form a smaller part of overheads

partly its also due to the govt ft policy which results in a flood of foreign workers to fill these posts at these cheap rates.

hiring foreign workers does not necessary bring down the labor cost, this is because there are not many local want to work in this line, with the high levy paid, the labor cost is back to square one, it can still be 20% to 30%.

This route is a highway to making Singapore a third world country. I was paid about S$750/month during vacation working for a Japanese Restaurant at Wisma Atria in 1988. 1.5 days off per week. Bus fare was $0.25 for student no matter how far the ride and Mee Pok dry cost S$1.00.

Supercharged

It's the rental that is killing the businesses. And we know who is the biggest retail property owner in SG..... So it links back to garment.

White also they say, black is also they say

Supercharged

This route is a highway to making Singapore a third world country. I was paid about S$750/month during vacation working for a Japanese Restaurant at Wisma Atria in 1988. 1.5 days off per week. Bus fare was $0.25 for student no matter how far the ride and Mee Pok dry cost S$1.00.

Yeah man. They are really under paying the staff.

Average $1200, minus CPF, left $960. Minus food, transport, left about $700.....

i started to notice the salaries of retail and F&B are so low... No wonder FTs are hired..

Kenny Rogers - service staff $1050 and kitchen staff $1150 monthly with meals and incentives

So?

Why didn't these ppl study hard and then can be able to make better choice of career options?

Your old Fart LKY tells you... it's too bad for them.....

lt can't be helped.....

Exact words used by him to describe the issue you have posted! :D

Neutral Newbie

Many reasons:

1. pay too high,employees have capital to set up own shop(employers' mentality)
  2. shop's standard--good ones charge higher and able to pay well
  3. job not highly skilled--only chefs require better skill
  4. rental :blink:
  5. fw cant set up own shop(but recently i found PRC set much own biz here aft becum citizen,quite good std)

anymore? :blink:

Edited by Pokemon

1 of the reason there are many FW in these 2 industry is also because these lot of FW cannot just quit and find a new job. unlike singaporean, scold only tmr don come.

So?

Why didn't these ppl study hard and then can be able to make better choice of career options?

Your old Fart LKY tells you... it's too bad for them.....

lt can't be helped.....

Exact words used by him to describe the issue you have posted! :D

Not sure if he did study hard himself. How many were previleged enough to be raised in a Bungalow house and sent to England for education? Or should I interpret it to be "if you are born poor or in a wrong neigbhourhood, too bad for you"?

You only started to notice? You must be ASK who never do vacation job before when you were young.

In the past such positions are already held by M'sians, when sgp open up employers have more choice of either Pinoy(better service) or PRC(cheaper choice). But in bigger retail stores I still see local aunties who work as promoters.

I dunno what's the big fuss is about but this is really old news.

You only started to notice? You must be ASK who never do vacation job before when you were young.

In the past such positions are already held by M'sians, when sgp open up employers have more choice of either Pinoy(better service) or PRC(cheaper choice). But in bigger retail stores I still see local aunties who work as promoters.

I dunno what's the big fuss is about but this is really old news.

Agreed, the pay for retail & F&B all along salary is about the same. Dont tell me suddenly locals now then realise and dont want to work and let the FTs take over? [:/]

For FMCG retail

A store manager with the same company for 10 yrs draw about 2.3k per mtn exclude allowance incentive etc

An inexperience zero retail knowledge assistant store manager with the same company starting pay 2k (S-Pass) exclude allowance incentive etc

I would say the moral of local store managers is very low

But the fact that in FMCG retail not many local want take up the job due to whatever reason

I must give credit that foreign retail staffs are more committed with what they are doing compared to local

And they offer better customer services

Edited by Dfx16

it has been low for yrs!

after i graduated,, the economy was damn bad... cant find a job for 6 mths and ends up in KFC. my starting pay was $1600/mth as an assistant Mgr. My working hrs is longer yet my take home pay was even lower than my sec sch ah beng friend who work in a factory as an operator (gross pay incl ave 16 hrs OT/ week)

struggle for 2 yrs and switch job when economy recovered....

Edited by Tigershark1976
↡ Advertisement