Drink Driving Again!

Darryn

Turbocharged

Inebriated man arrested over fatal hit-and-run

12:04 PM Aug 10, 2011SINGAPORE - Police have arrested a 39-year-old man believed to have been involved in a fatal hit-and-run accident on Monday.

The accident, in which a 25-year-old woman sustained multiple injuries and died, occurred at 11.20pm along the PIE towards Tuas after Changi South Ave 3.

Police said the woman and her male friend were standing beside their scooter, which had broken down, when a van slammed into her.

Based on the registration number provided by her friend, police tracked down the van driver and arrested him at his home within four hours of the accident.

A breathalyser test showed that his breath contained 47 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres. The legally prescribed limit is 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath.

Police said motorists who are involved in accidents where anyone is injured should never leave the accident scene, and instead must stop and offer help. Failure to do so is an offence and if convicted, the offender can be fined up to S$3,000 and can be jailed for up to a year.

I must say his prosecution will be interesting!!

How to prove what happened in the intervening 4 hours and that he was drunk at the time of the accident?

↡ Advertisement

Wah that friend super duper sharp eyes to memorize the licence plate! Well done, justice is served.

Very sad 25 years old....just like this gone.....what about the years end holidays......what about the LV she is saving up to buy.....gone too soon......gone too soon....

After four hours.....that joker still drunk state......should have quickly buy and placed many tigers bottle in his house...and say he is drinking to celebrate Tuesday national day holiday!

Good luck to this joker.

People should learn not to stand in front/behind or besides your broken down vehicle on expressway.

Go stand behind a tree.

Turbocharged

People should learn not to stand in front/behind or besides your broken down vehicle on expressway.

Go stand behind a tree.

Yes - If possible you should stand behind the barrier!

Yes - If possible you should stand behind the barrier!

that was what i did few years ago, just call AA and stay far far away [laugh]

probably 40mins :D

okay, lets us do some calculation..

friend kenna knock down.. kan chiong and shock. wasted around 10 min to call police

police activated come around 10 mins.

police call ambulance and try to clam friend down. 10 mins.

police take down report and testamony. another 15 mins. call back HQ 5 mins

HQ submit detail to relevant department 5 mins. Relevant department extra data and send back HQ 10 mins.

Hq send to police another 10 mins for verification.

Before they set off already wasted...

10 +10+10+15+5+5+10+10 = 75mins liao.

Turbocharged

okay, lets us do some calculation..

friend kenna knock down.. kan chiong and shock. wasted around 10 min to call police

police activated come around 10 mins.

police call ambulance and try to clam friend down. 10 mins.

police take down report and testamony. another 15 mins. call back HQ 5 mins

HQ submit detail to relevant department 5 mins. Relevant department extra data and send back HQ 10 mins.

Hq send to police another 10 mins for verification.

Before they set off already wasted...

10 +10+10+15+5+5+10+10 = 75mins liao.

I'm actually pretty damned impressed that can find within four hours - that sounds darned efficient to me.

Inebriated man arrested over fatal hit-and-run

12:04 PM Aug 10, 2011SINGAPORE - Police have arrested a 39-year-old man believed to have been involved in a fatal hit-and-run accident on Monday.

The accident, in which a 25-year-old woman sustained multiple injuries and died, occurred at 11.20pm along the PIE towards Tuas after Changi South Ave 3.

Police said the woman and her male friend were standing beside their scooter, which had broken down, when a van slammed into her.

Based on the registration number provided by her friend, police tracked down the van driver and arrested him at his home within four hours of the accident.

A breathalyser test showed that his breath contained 47 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres. The legally prescribed limit is 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath.

Police said motorists who are involved in accidents where anyone is injured should never leave the accident scene, and instead must stop and offer help. Failure to do so is an offence and if convicted, the offender can be fined up to S$3,000 and can be jailed for up to a year.

I must say his prosecution will be interesting!!

How to prove what happened in the intervening 4 hours and that he was drunk at the time of the accident?

I think there's also a case of an ang mor who argue along this line, where prosecutor can't prove he drink before or after the incident..

I'm actually pretty damned impressed that can find within four hours - that sounds darned efficient to me.

actually i think 4 hours is reasonable given singapore size and the bugger is at home...

however, taking into account the need to apply for arrest permit and entry permit. yeah 4 hour is very efficient liao.

Turbocharged

I think there's also a case of an ang mor who argue along this line, where prosecutor can't prove he drink before or after the incident..

Of course if the joker stewpid and say that he didn't have anything to drink between the incident and arrested.

Or if they track back what he was doing that night, and prove that he took so much that he was drunk.

On a different note - if it is a company van, I wonder if his own or his employers? And I wonder if he was allowed to use it for personal use?

maybe some legal expert can educate us on this: is the hit-n-run a bigger crime than drink-n-drive? (if yes, then no need to worry abt how to prove he was drunk, becos he shld have stopped to help after he hit them)

maybe some legal expert can educate us on this: is the hit-n-run a bigger crime than drink-n-drive? (if yes, then no need to worry abt how to prove he was drunk, becos he shld have stopped to help after he hit them)

hit-and-run one charge, drink driving another charge....... so the spf can give the fellow gao lat gao lat, orh gong him cho cho, tuay cheng hu tan lui..... [cool]

↡ Advertisement