Will TPL Escape be Taken Upon Tony Tan?

Gendut

Read TPL has been cleared of infringing the Cooling-Off period in GE2011.

Obviously lots of people are not happy at this decision.

So will that unhappiness be taken out on TT, because he is perceived to be PAP's preferred candidate?

I predict that they have done their sums and this chunk of votes running away from TT will not hurt his chances.

OTOH there are too many candidates like Andrew Kwan, TKL, Tan Jee Say, TCB who will split the rest of the anti-establishment votes.

If only there would be a 2-cornered fight will TT have odds stacked against him.

Will they withdraw from the contest so as to allow non-TT to win?

↡ Advertisement

What unhappiness?

Most peasant grade Sinkie lan par par....

Tell then this.....they do this...

Tell them that.....they will have to do that!

They got choice to be unhappy one meh?:D

Read TPL has been cleared of infringing the Cooling-Off period in GE2011.

Obviously lots of people are not happy at this decision.

So will that unhappiness be taken out on TT, because he is perceived to be PAP's preferred candidate?

I predict that they have done their sums and this chunk of votes running away from TT will not hurt his chances.

OTOH there are too many candidates like Andrew Kwan, TKL, Tan Jee Say, TCB who will split the rest of the anti-establishment votes.

If only there would be a 2-cornered fight will TT have odds stacked against him.

Will they withdraw from the contest so as to allow non-TT to win?

if TT wins, the danger is that with his blanket EP endorsements on whatever miw dish out, people's life will be affected, even to the extent of creating further uneven playing field for the 2016 GE..... :o this is what I fear most

if for nothing else, we need an opposite of puppet to be our EP just to safeguard a level playing field not worst than what it is today.

the likely split of votes between TCB/TKL vs TT does not help

if TT wins, the danger is that with his blanket EP endorsements on whatever miw dish out, people's life will be affected, even to the extent of creating further uneven playing field for the 2016 GE..... :o this is what I fear most

if for nothing else, we need an opposite of puppet to be our EP just to safeguard a level playing field not worst than what it is today.

other ppl get elected also the same lah.. all they need is 75% vote can liao. override president. -_-

other ppl get elected also the same lah.. all they need is 75% vote can liao. override president. -_-

i know, but non-pap EP will still make noise and the public can echo, putting some pressure (though not constitutional one, but its better than nothing) on miw.

as mentioned in my other posts, these days the voices in the street, (if) backed by that of an effective EP, are not something the miw can ignore easily......

Edited by KARTer

I only wished it would be a straight 2-cornered fight.

Maybe some of the aspiring PE wannabes could step away from the contest, we would be a lot better off.

you will be surprised with the outcome.

ppl kpkb but still the voting result show the opposite.

it happened before, it may happen again.

Neutral Newbie

i know, but non-pap EP will still make noise and the public can echo, putting some pressure (though not constitutional one, but its better than nothing) on miw.

as mentioned in my other posts, these days the voices in the street, (if) backed by that of an effective EP, are not something the miw can ignore easily......

Errrrr, it has happened for the last 12 years.

Life still goes on

The PE whether pro pap or against pap has no impact on us commoner

We still struggle

You think all the candidate is for the people? If not for the money and prestige , I doubt there will have any taker.

My humble thought is this:

The PAP camp voters will be split among TT & TCB. Though TT has upper hand with the support from the unions, TCB should still be able to get votes from the older PAP camp. No matter how, TCB still have prominent PAP presence in him.

Whereas for non-PAP camp, voters will be split between TJS and TKL. But TJS will be a far better option as he is not linked with the ruling party. Hence, he is being seen more independent.

So we should watch closely at TT and TJS. I suppose they are the 2 that will have close fight among the 4 Tans.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards,

Errrrr, it has happened for the last 12 years.

Life still goes on

The PE whether pro pap or against pap has no impact on us commoner

We still struggle

You think all the candidate is for the people? If not for the money and prestige , I doubt there will have any taker.

That said, we peasants (or just people of SGP) have to rely on ourselves to be heard at least. HKongers face the almightly communists, they are more vocal, so far in peaceful ways. Something to think about.

My humble thought is this:

The PAP camp voters will be split among TT & TCB. Though TT has upper hand with the support from the unions, TCB should still be able to get votes from the older PAP camp. No matter how, TCB still have prominent PAP presence in him.

Whereas for non-PAP camp, voters will be split between TJS and TKL. But TJS will be a far better option as he is not linked with the ruling party. Hence, he is being seen more independent.

So we should watch closely at TT and TJS. I suppose they are the 2 that will have close fight among the 4 Tans.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards,

Sounds logical [:)]

(btw, Today ST Chua Lee Hoong tripots full time liao (2nd page, i think))

Alternative candidates, ie. those not-endorsed by the ruling party, only serve to dilute the no. of votes coming from those who have already decided to vote against any candidate backed by the PAP.

At the moment, it seems a shoo-in for TT to be our next President.

If I'm a betting man, ... I'll bet my fortune on TT to win at the polls.

Neutral Newbie

TS have chosen not to mention that NS support TJS. Remembered that NS was also let off on the Cooling Day saga.

I am very curious, what is the post that NS made that trigger this warning... cause I do remember people talking able TPL's post, nit can't remember any mentioned about NS's post before this. ... any kind person can help search for this? thanks

↡ Advertisement