Persistent Lower Back Pain

Orangepineapple

On 4/24/2021 at 5:52 PM, Sporkypiggy said:

There is a minimally invasive surgery called Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy, which is widely adopted in the US.

It removes the herniated portion of the disc instead of removing the entire disc like fusion does. There are some private Ortho who offer such surgery, but I am not sure if the public hospital does offer. But as I understand, this technique is mainly use for lumbar herniated disc, not so much on cervical (neck). 

@Atrecord,

Btw, did your surgeon say how long you need to lay off from physical exercise?

Will you be able to do running and other sports after a period of 6-12mths after your Diam Spacer surgery?

I was told by my surgeon - and another doc whom i sought 2nd opinion from - that my bones position are still aligned, and the discs are out of shape, so the op was just to removed the damaged fragments, and there's no need to insert anything.

In terms of physical activities, supposed to start PT within a month, and exercises like jogging and swimming within 3 months. These might change when i go for review in 3 weeks' time, but those were what i was told earlier.

was told that one end of the wound is not healing as well as the rest of the wound, but was reassured that it's not a major concern. The GP clinic has asked me to go back to change the dressing on alternate days instead of my current every-3-day schedule...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Have you tried yoga?

If you never bend and stretch then the first time it's very painful.

But if you do regularly then it gets easier.

The healthiest person is not the fittest person but the most flexible 

:D

On 8/12/2011 at 10:26 PM, Orangepineapple said:

Want to seek some advice from bros here who also suffer from lower back pain

I am having lower back pain for few months already. Initially only pain when I do some awkward motions like twisting and bending down.

But now it has worsen to constant pain/ache no matter standing or sitting, to the extend that when walking I cannot really straighten the back.

Of course i had been to the doctor's several times, every time he will take an x-ray and tell me that there is no problem with the spine and bones. and there's nothing he can do except prescribing some physiotheraphy.

I went for physio for a while but it did not help. So i went back and the doctor said the x-ray did not show anything and he really dunno how, so he suggested to do an MRI scan to check if the nerves are ok.

My question is: are MRI scan really useful? I am worried that after i go through this expensive scan the doctor is going to say that the scan shows nothing and direct me to physio again. then i would have wasted money to go back to square one

any bros can advice? or any bros know of any good places that can treat back pain?

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Have you tried yoga?

If you never bend and stretch then the first time it's very painful.

But if you do regularly then it gets easier.

The healthiest person is not the fittest person but the most flexible 

Yoga n Pilates helps but you must do it the correct way either thru' a physiotherapist or Yoga instructor at site so that they can push certain parts of the body down (literally pin you down  to feel the stretch)   ......... I've had my fair share of s1,L1,L2,L3 spondylosis      

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I do thai massage for my lady customers. Its a mild form of yoga. 

I also push certain parts of their body down (literally pin them down  to feel the stretch)   ......... after that I also give them a  spondy bath to clean them up.

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Yoga n Pilates helps but you must do it the correct way either thru' a physiotherapist or Yoga instructor at site so that they can push certain parts of the body down (literally pin you down  to feel the stretch)   ......... I've had my fair share of s1,L1,L2,L3 spondylosis      

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I do thai massage for my lady customers. Its a mild form of yoga. 

I also push certain parts of their body down (literally pin them down  to feel the stretch)   ......... after that I also give them a  spondy bath to clean them up.

I knew  this cheesy part coming from no one other than you only, 😀

• Haha! 3

16 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

I knew  this cheesy part coming from no one other than you only, 😀

I not cheesy ok.

I spicy like Tom Yum.

I do Thai style not ang mor style.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1