Auto lock when driving off - Honda Fit

Greddy82

Hi guys,

Have a quick question on 08 Fit; does the door auto lock after driving off at a certain speed with the stock remote cos mine isn't doing that .I know that aftermarket remotes can easily do that. Read that the American Fits auto door locking system can be programed into different settings but I cant find the magical door lock button to execute the steps hence the curiosity.

Cheers

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Asked a friend of mine who has a GE Fit. The stock remote is just strictly for remote lock/unlock & contains the chip to interface with the factory immobilizer. Don't even have a siren. Have to install an aftermarket add-on alarm system or bypass the factory door lock system & install a whole new alarm that has all the bells & whistles you want.

ahh ic ic. thanks for the inputs.

read that there is a foot brake auto lock module to "piggyback" on the stock alarm. i find that this feature is very useful on top of the remote locking and unlocking. How much does this cost w installation and does it interfere with the car immobilizer? any recommended shop in the west to do this?

thanks again.

You can hook up piggyback OEM alarm and but does not interfere with factory fitted alarm or immobiliser.

Then you can have the auto lock above 25kmh

Just go install those alarm upgrade for slightly above $100. This way you get the shock sensor alarm, the auto door lock and also use back the stock remote and key.

Supercharged

Auto locks are v troublesome. Soon u will realize this, because u always have to manually pull your lock knob, to unlock for ppl to alight or enter your car every damm time......

I went thru this myself and didnt enjoy at all....

Anyway, u can install foot brake lock to your stock alarm. Just press foot brake, and doors are locked.

Neutral Newbie

My foot brake lock and remote lock just stopped working totally.. Now I have to lock my car manually. Please tell me what part of the car has decided to give up on me and how or who to go to solve the prOblem. My mirrors don't fold in as well too.. :(

↡ Advertisement