ST Forum: Build ECs At Prime Locations

Vulcann

Yes they can but buyers must be prepared to pay "market" rates...

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Online...ory_702736.html

Build ECs at prime locations

I WAS heartened to hear of the raising of the income ceiling for build-to-order (BTO) flats as well as for executive condominiums or ECs ("HDB raises income ceiling to $10,000"; Monday).

However, when I checked the locations of the new ECs, I was rather disappointed.

New ECs are usually in outlying, suburban areas such as Sengkang, Yishun and Tampines, while prime sites in Serangoon, Clementi and Bishan are saved for private condominiums.

Since the beginning of last year, 13 condominium sites have been sold, out of which five sites are in prime areas such as Hougang, Bishan and Kallang. For the same time frame, 11 sites for ECs have been sold and all the areas are in outlying areas.

Given that the Urban Redevelopment Authority and the Singapore Land Authority conduct land sales for private residential areas and most of such land are in central locations, shouldn't more central HDB sites be saved for ECs as well?

Koh Chin Chin (Madam)

↡ Advertisement

Tampines EC already cost $650-$700 psf.. Now if they build in prime location, it could go $800 psf or higher.. So be prepared to pay.

this mdm Koh is just another joker who can never be satisfied....

With the size of EC, plus the price of prime location... can she afford the price of min 1 mill per EC with that sub 10K salary??

this mdm Koh is just another joker who can never be satisfied....

With the size of EC, plus the price of prime location... can she afford the price of min 1 mill per EC with that sub 10K salary??

haven't you heard? riverparc EC at punggol, 4 bedded penthouses highest going at more than 1.3m also sold out on 2nd day of launch :blink: .

most 4 bedded penthouse selling at more than 1.1m sold out on 1st and 2nd day, with the raising of the income ceiling, prices are going to go north.

knn these ppl....

although i anti establishment... these ppl really make me tulan.....

give you a inch you want a yard...

Some (not all) EC Penthouses serves a unique segment of the market: 3G Living 三代同堂

3G Living is beneficial for the growth and development of children. When both parents go off to work, the grandparents stay back to care and educate the children. But 3G living needs housing space. There are some options available:

1) Jumbo Flats

2) Executive Flats and EMs

3) Penthouse

3) Landed

Most penthouses are not suitable for 3G living as their 2nd storey is a huge roof terrace. You cant stay in a roof terrace. But those penthouses which have one or two rooms on the 2nd storey have minimised roof terraces are more suitable.

3G living is not everyone. There may have been strained relations with grandparents or between grandparents. But for those who can tap on the resource of grandparents, it is indeed beneficial for the kids!

家有一老 如有一宝!

Neutral Newbie

there is no right or wrong

but depends on how you see things

why HDB cannot be built in Orchard road or Nassim Park

why so big deal about the place

everybody has a right to stay right

Neutral Newbie

may i know how old are you? thank you

may i know how old are you? thank you

no right or wrong he say. wonder if he go bang table demanding istana shld be given to him?

they didn't say right or wrong, just cheap or expensive :D

Edited by Jman888

the moon is quite far from town, $10 psf only [laugh]

tink can get for $0psf oso. but transport there gotta settle yourself. [laugh]

Wan cheap wan good wan big big boob

dis kinda cheepo i tink stuff wif newspaper rather than use silicon implant. [laugh]

tink can get for $0psf oso. but transport there gotta settle yourself. [laugh]

hmm.... $0 can consider [rolleyes] but must give special pass for not paying ERP [laugh]

of course,Y not? built in Sentosa also can... question is, how much money to pay? HDB is suppose to be affordable to average Singaporean (low and middle class). if built in Nassim park and sell at 2 to 3 mill for an EC.... is that still consider a HDB??

↡ Advertisement