All 4 candidates running. All hail President Tony

Ahtong

hmmm....dun forget the spoiled votes hor....in last GE.....and

Wouldn't have any upset I think. Got a strange feeling TKL may lose $48k though

aiya TT must have supporters from Papaya and grassroot residents with free lunch mah.

got this kangtow let me know. Free lunch maybe got free transport also. Must check with my grassroot leader quickly

I think TT is too capable and a waste to be a puppet President. He should remain in GIC, where he can contribute more to Singapore

*nods head* -_-

Shanmugam already said, the President cannot discharge anything without Cabinet permission, so I guess going toilet also need to raise hand first. So it doesnt matter who gets elected. What would be interesting is how the votes will be cast.

Using Ong Teng Cheong's 55% as a benchmark, if TT can get 55% or more, it is a solid vote of approval for the PM from the 60.1%.

If it is apparent a lot of 60.1% votes went to TCB instead of TT, then it's a strong disapproval by the 60.1%.

TCB voters will represent temporarily unhappy PAP supporters. These people can be attracted back to the PAP fold.

TJS voters will represent permanently anti-PAP supporters. These people will sooner vote for the remains of Ah Meng the Orangutan than any candidate associated with PAP. If his vote share is big, PAP is in trouble. This number should be around at least 15-20%.

TKL... not sure how to position him... probably as a fighter of baby boomer's rights, as opposed to TJS, who is more concerned with ideology than actual bread and butter issues. TKL will probably appeal to the swing voters who are unhappy. There is usually around 20% swing voters. How many of these moderate fence-sitters are unhappy, will be interesting.

I agree that

1) TT can probably win the election with as little as 35% of the votes.

2) TKL can be quite close to losing the deposit

Come on, if those guys can bring themselves to shell out $48k deposit and have a fighting mentality, the least you can do is vote for the guy you believe in and not sound defeat even before it has begun. If eventually the majority choose TT, then so be it, but the result is not yet cast in stone, you still have your 1 vote so help the candidate of your choice put up a fight.

Whether any one of them is a runaway winner and the other 3 are there to 陪跑, you can make a difference with those of like mind.

Is Pools going to have a Friday 26th august...."Special President $4million commerative ToTo draw"?

I want to huat ah.

Tomorrow toto 3mil.....

↡ Advertisement