Bad Experience - Sparks ConfortDelgro Sin Ming

Osiris

I was around the area so I went to buy 2 pieces of aircon filter from Sparks Car Care @ Sin Ming

Little did i know that this turn out to be a time wasting purchase and a bad experience.

I went to Sin Ming, feels like I went to Sim Lim.

The counter staffs are friendly. no doubts about that. no fault there.

I told a staff which 2 pc i need for 2 different car models.

Car A & B and the YOM respectively + specifically say it's for the new model of Car A & B.

as both Car A and B have 2 entirely different model running around.

The first mistake that the counter staff made was quoting the price w/o GST.

quote price if GST is chargeable must be with GST - http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=10830

Only upon payment then I realized its quoted b4 GST. This is unacceptable and especially for a company of such size and reputation.

Personally, I don't think this reflect badly on the staff but rather management who ought to know and train the staff on govt regulations.

anyhow no big deal. To the next part.

Next when they retrieve the AC filters for me to make payment, I insist on checking. It was 2 pieces for Car A. one for the older model, one for the new.

The check is simply done by looking at the box cover of the filter where it was checked against the model it was made for.

How simple is it to differentiate? I can pick it up from Stamford's shelf myself. Not rocket science.

When I told the staff the mistake, he still insist it is just the sizing, it doesn't matter. Maybe to him, but its my $ and my car.

I explained to them the differences and insist on getting the correct one for Car B.

turns out Car B filter was out of stock.

Now, I don't know if they tried to pulled a fast one by simply replacing an out of stock one with a similar/usable but not correct part or an honest mistake.

If I service my car with them will they get the parts right given a simple thing like ac filter also can get wrong?

Well, I will never find out as I never have and never will.

I am not afraid to put the workshop name simply because I am not libeling them as it's the truth.

↡ Advertisement