Help! Badly damaged rims

Seangoh

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros out there,

I just whacked my rims against the road kerbs. Any experts out there can advise if the rims can be repaired? If can, which workshop is recommended for good worksmanship? TIA. Pics as attached. Heart bleed sia....its a SSR Type F rims.... Btw, the a piece of my tire side walls also ganna scrapped off, should i change tire also, its quite new, onli 5k run-in... sigh...appreciate any advise please..post-2838-1313827449_thumb.jpg post-2838-1313827473_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hi, bros, it's beyond repair as the said rim no longer balance (round). Check the back of the inner rim the rim model, offset and what brand was your rim ? Better to get one replacement rim. Btw, how old was your rim ?

Hi Bros out there,

I just whacked my rims against the road kerbs. Any experts out there can advise if the rims can be repaired? If can, which workshop is recommended for good worksmanship? TIA. Pics as attached. Heart bleed sia....its a SSR Type F rims.... Btw, the a piece of my tire side walls also ganna scrapped off, should i change tire also, its quite new, onli 5k run-in... sigh...appreciate any advise please..

That looks like a fairly moderate speed langgar - I'm guessing at least 20km/hr?

Can fix the rims - there's a place in Sin Ming Autocare (I think level 3, but not sure) that does that. Others bros can advise you on that. Still better to replace the whole rim, of course.

But your alignment 100% kena. Please get a realignment done and hope and pray that nothing else in the suspension and steering geometry has gone bye-bye.

Wheel balancing may also need to be done - with this sort of impact, the wheel weights may have dislodged.

Regarding the tyre - if a piece of the sidewall is missing, you almost certainly need to change it. Don't mess with tyres - they're your only points of contact with the ground.

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Edited by Turboflat4

That looks like a fairly moderate speed langgar - I'm guessing at least 20km/hr?

Can fix the rims - there's a place in Sin Ming Autocare (I think level 3, but not sure) that does that. Others bros can advise you on that. Still better to replace the whole rim, of course.

But your alignment 100% kena. Please get a realignment done and hope and pray that nothing else in the suspension and steering geometry has gone bye-bye.

Wheel balancing may also need to be done - with this sort of impact, the wheel weights may have dislodged.

Regarding the tyre - if a piece of the sidewall is missing, you almost certainly need to change it. Don't mess with tyres - they're your only points of contact with the ground.

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Very true..

Better to get it replaced. The integrity of the rims will never be the same after been repaired.

yeah man , there are places that can repair the rim to 95% +.

but IT ONLY THE LOOK.

internal structure damage can never be repair. u drive untill 1/2 way the rim break. the repair cost is gonna cost u much more, not to mention the inconvience of leaving your car at the workshop, and maybe some claim from insurance. LOL.

I think it can be repaired as mention. Its not as bad as mine. If its a decent rim, I highly doubt it'll crack in the future even after the repair. The only real life example I've seen is Rota's.

Hi Bros out there,

I just whacked my rims against the road kerbs. Any experts out there can advise if the rims can be repaired? If can, which workshop is recommended for good worksmanship? TIA. Pics as attached. Heart bleed sia....its a SSR Type F rims.... Btw, the a piece of my tire side walls also ganna scrapped off, should i change tire also, its quite new, onli 5k run-in... sigh...appreciate any advise please..

Dented rim can be repaired and balanced. I've PM u some info.. Hope it helps.

THE Rims still can use, only chipped off abit at the lining. The wheel is round and strong.

The tyre throw away and change a new pair,

I remember someone in AMK autopoint can repair it, on the 4th floor.

Hi Bros out there,

Looks bad. I hope bros here have given you enough info and contact to repair them.

Hi Bros out there,

bro jus relax...

in singapore a workshop can fix anything

change to michellin tyres...and make yr ride reborn [laugh]

anyway i am using goodyear F1 at the back and michelin pilot sport 3 at the front...

so its totally up to you....

for rim u can choose...alot to choose from...take yr pick...but it will cost

anyway want to play car need $$$$$$$

if i were u i will jus go to a rim shop then change the tyre pair thats it..

if u got more money then change all tyres and rims..

or can even change car [:p]

Edited by Ithunk

Hi Bros out there,

change car

time to upgrade liao

[:p]

Hi Bros out there,

Can we believe your life worth more than the cost for replacing the rim/tyre? Check if the car motor insurance plicy still cover if the rim has been repaired.

I would have just make a special order for a new rim. Repair is only for looks. The structural strength of the damaged part will not be the same again.

↡ Advertisement