Audi/V.W. engine oil comsumption.

ER-3682

Really surprise to know its happening here too. Most of my Chinese friends carry 2 x 4ltr EO in their boot. It's well known in China all Audi drink engine oil. New or Oil and services by AD.

↡ Advertisement

Usually the cause is due poor scrapper ( oil ) ring actions. Redesigning the scrapper ring or adding another ring may help to effectively remove the oil and drain them via the rings opening into the oil pan. Getting the right vicoscity engine oil will further reduce the oil consumption. Too thick an engine oil will be difficult to scrap from the cylinder walls, too thin , the oil will drain too fast resulting in piston and cylinder metal to metal contact.

So far no problem with mine. close to 10,000km and still no warning light. check dip stick and level is ok.

Cos yours isn't a lemon.

Just wondering. How many people who have made their comments are existing or ex Audi owner? Commenting based on hear say may be misleading the readers.

Wat else, gearbox issue as well

My colleague who drives a Audi, and sitting opposite me, says the only complaint he has on his 3.5 year old car, says he hate the fact that every 3000+km he has to top up nearly 1 litre of engine oil... Other than that, he enjoys his Audi, no other complaints about the car.

Anyone usin shell helix ultra? I know it's highly criticized for being rough n not helping fc but so far not being drank by my tc engine. Btw, mine is jap tc car n clocked 67k km.

Anyone has used this eo n have same result?

Just wondering. How many people who have made their comments are existing or ex Audi owner? Commenting based on hear say may be misleading the readers.

I am ex audi owner, its true that engine oil pevel drop very fast, beforenext servicing

My colleague who drives a Audi, and sitting opposite me, says the only complaint he has on his 3.5 year old car, says he hate the fact that every 3000+km he has to top up nearly 1 litre of engine oil... Other than that, he enjoys his Audi, no other complaints about the car.

i think that why can afford more than 10k km service interval. effectively, the engine is always running on fresh EO [:p]

Neutral Newbie

As an audi A4 owner for a few months, I can testify that it is quite normal for Audis to consume EO, up to 1500 km per litre.

I asked a few Audi owners and they have the same problem.

Of course, if you are driving a mazda or toyota, then 1500 km per litre is NOT normal.

But mileage may vary for some owners. Some drivers get 7000 km per litre.

As to why, I am not sure.

Maybe there are so called many EO drinking lemons.

Really! The only Conti car that I trust is Mercedes. Do u want to try VW or Audi? Please do a search in JD Power car quality rating. Top rating cars are mostly Japanese cars. Lexusl is iin the top rating.

Weird. My tc engine with aftermarket forged pistons also doesn't drink that much oil, even though it occasionally emits a cloud of oil smoke on startup.

As an audi A4 owner for a few months, I can testify that it is quite normal for Audis to consume EO, up to 1500 km per litre.

I asked a few Audi owners and they have the same problem.

Of course, if you are driving a mazda or toyota, then 1500 km per litre is NOT normal.

But mileage may vary for some owners. Some drivers get 7000 km per litre.

As to why, I am not sure.

Maybe there are so called many EO drinking lemons.

If EO consumption high means the gap between piston and bore is huge? the EO get into combustion chamber. That will make the combustion chamber very dirty ?

Anyone usin shell helix ultra? I know it's highly criticized for being rough n not helping fc but so far not being drank by my tc engine. Btw, mine is jap tc car n clocked 67k km.

Anyone has used this eo n have same result?

am using shell helix ultra, so far seems to be saving petrol for me,driving conti car

Really! The only Conti car that I trust is Mercedes. Do u want to try VW or Audi? Please do a search in JD Power car quality rating. Top rating cars are mostly Japanese cars. Lexusl is iin the top rating.

You sure you trust Mercedes? Results from UK reliability study 2013:

Untitled-4.jpg