Audi/V.W. engine oil comsumption.

ER-3682

I had an e60 525i , never ever need to top up engine oil. Servicing mileage was 10,000km

Had also an E63 630i, never ever need to top up engine oil. Servicing mileage was 10,000km

Have two colleagues with E65, never ever need to top up engine oil. I dont know their servicing mileage.

I do believe and know that the engines will burn oil but to require a top up engine oil by 1liter every 5000km is quite crazy, to top up 1 liter every 2000km is overkill....

Heng i am heng. But i have never ever had to topped up engine oil for any car i owned til date

From what you have written in the past, I think you never owned any car long enough to experience wear and tear, because you would have changed car by then. So we have to take that into consideration.

Btw, all your "heard from friends" comments are also not too different from the detractors' "heard from friends" comments, so pot calling kettle black? You seem to be incapable of noticing the irony in your own comments. Part and parcel of a huge gigantic ego, I guess.

Back to the topic, I am a regular traffic light sprinter, love high revs, always in the transmission's DS mode or Sport mode which changes gear only at higher revs. So I accept that there may be piston ring or gasket problems in my cars.

Anyway these are non-fatal to the engine and can always be changed if I desire top performance from the engines but as it is, there are many other maintenance concerns where I would first allocate my money to before changing gaskets.

↡ Advertisement

From what you have written in the past, I think you never owned any car long enough to experience wear and tear, because you would have changed car by then. So we have to take that into consideration.

Btw, all your "heard from friends" comments are also not too different from the detractors' "heard from friends" comments, so pot calling kettle black? You seem to be incapable of noticing the irony in your own comments. Part and parcel of a huge gigantic ego, I guess.

Back to the topic, I am a regular traffic light sprinter, love high revs, always in the transmission's DS mode or Sport mode which changes gear only at higher revs. So I accept that there may be piston ring or gasket problems in my cars.

Anyway these are non-fatal to the engine and can always be changed if I desire top performance from the engines but as it is, there are many other maintenance concerns where I would first allocate my money to before changing gaskets.

Its true, i change cars usually within 2yrs.

But i dont buy brand new so i do experience wear and tear.

And surely if i have to top up engine oil, it would not be longer than 10,000km to realise that.

Moreover, my BMWs had Idrive and i could see my oil levels.

And no I did not simply just "hear from friends", i know so.

Take note, i made a statement on my own judgement, i did not say i heard from my friends that they dont have to top up engine oil.

You seem very capable of pointing out my faults but let me assure you i am on top of it .

much much more than you think at least. Incapable of noticing the irony in my comments?

Let me confirm with you, there is no irony. I stake my claim by not simply hearing from friends, if i ever do i am sure of what i hear at the bare minimum before i say it.

In this Instance, there are a few friends who lean towards me kind of like their personal "mechanic" and i help them in many areas of their car matters including spending 4 hrs over a Saturday nite doing cosmetic enhancements for them to guiding them on matters relating to general wear and tear. This means i practically get my hands and knees dirty, inspecting their cars.

So i know for sure, they did not have to top up engine oil.

As with the friends on Audis, so many of them have asked me for advice regarding the engine oil consumption issue as they have experienced it. Funny that these are all the newer Audis including 2 A4s one A5 and one A6.

It's good that you can accept that there may be issues with your car.

Its even better that you can live with it and enjoy the car without being too anal about it.

Thats great.

But whatever it is, dont, no no, dont act like you know me better then me myself.

Becos you dont.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Hi Guys,

Sorry need some advice here.

I bought a Audi A3 Sedan Ambiente and got it on March 2016. My mileage will hit 15k this month, but i have thus top up 3 times the engine oil.

The Audi technician claimed this is normal, May i ask what went wrong and what should i do?

Thanks for the input.

Hi Guys,

I bought a Audi A3 Sedan Ambiente and got it on March 2016. My mileage will hit 15k this month, but i have thus top up 3 times the engine oil.

The Audi technician claimed this is normal, May i ask what went wrong and what should i do?

Thanks for the input.

Not too sure about this, but to top up 3 times engine oil before the total mileage hits 15k is very weird. Go ask this question in the A3 thread, believe got quite a few there who could advise you. My ex car at 130k mileage only top up twice before every engine oil service, do note the topping up occurs only after the engine crossed the 120k mark. 

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input.

Wtf top up 3times and thats normal? Bloody hell i will go screw them liao haha

letting go my solid workhorse at 9+ yrs later today

not a single drop of engine oil consume, 176k mileage

solid shit [grin]

Edited by Furrynadz
  • Praise 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input.

1 time top up how many Litre.?According to spec,1L/2500Km is "Normal" in the Owner Manual.

Not too sure about this, but to top up 3 times engine oil before the total mileage hits 15k is very weird. Go ask this question in the A3 thread, believe got quite a few there who could advise you. My ex car at 130k mileage only top up twice before every engine oil service, do note the topping up occurs only after the engine crossed the 120k mark. 

Nothing just keep topping up.

Conti cars are special.

Only lousy Korean and Jap cars

don't drink oil. You paid more for

a Conti please enjoy the privilege

that comes with it.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 5

This is a well known issue for VAG cars, regardless of mileage. When my car was newish, had to top up engine oil every 5k. Right now, it is every 3k. Just check the oil level periodically and have a spare bottle of engine oil ready for top up.

High Engine oil consumption for new car is not normal. Even VAG cars. Ask the AD to check and repair.

At most 1 time top up every 15k servicing. More than that signals faulty engine parts.

Conti cars are special.

that comes with it.  [thumbsup]

Hahaha. but surprisingly my first car, a nissan sunny was the one which left me stranded on the road.. But for him to top up 3 times before 15k mark really is too much....

• Praise 1

Twincharged

So if this is the case,that means Mfg's defects.?Can claim Warranty.?

No idea about warranty. But all along I have suspected it was a design issue. That's why with a superb fuel economy with a turbo engine Something has to give. If the technology is so great and reliable. It would be used in applications were a 1-2% improvement in FC is huge like ships or even power stations.

Conti cars are special.

that comes with it. [thumbsup]

VW turbo all like that. Just more or less from one to one. Audi uses VW turbo engine so same. Other Conti brands way better. Did not hear of many cases with BMW, Volvo, Opel, PSA and such.
  • Praise 1

VW turbo all like that. Just more or less from one to one. Audi uses VW turbo engine so same. Other Conti brands way better. Did not hear of many cases with BMW, Volvo, Opel, PSA and such.

Yeah not all conti are the same.

Some less prestigious brands

drink less than others.

↡ Advertisement