Audi/V.W. engine oil comsumption.

ER-3682

VW turbo all like that. Just more or less from one to one. Audi uses VW turbo engine so same. Other Conti brands way better. Did not hear of many cases with BMW, Volvo, Opel, PSA and such.

The new generation 1.4 and 2.0T engines used in VW/Audi don't seem to have EO consumption issue.

↡ Advertisement

drink oil very expensive.

at one time my vw diesel was drinking oil, but i found the leak in the oil cooler passage and plugged it.

luckily no more high oil loss, very expensive to keep feeding it oil.

water is still ok, cheap and plentiful. [:p]

Supercharged

The new generation 1.4 and 2.0T engines used in VW/Audi don't seem to have EO consumption issue.

Bro: here was the TS's ride:  :grin:

"

stephscsy, on 29 Dec 2016 - 9:13 PM, said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry need some advice here.

I bought a Audi A3 Sedan Ambiente and got it on March 2016. My mileage will hit 15k this month, but i have thus top up 3 times the engine oil.

The Audi technician claimed this is normal, May i ask what went wrong and what should i do?

Thanks for the input.

"

Edited by t0y0ta

Bro: here was the TS's ride:  :grin:

"

Hi Guys,

I bought a Audi A3 Sedan Ambiente and got it on March 2016. My mileage will hit 15k this month, but i have thus top up 3 times the engine oil.

The Audi technician claimed this is normal, May i ask what went wrong and what should i do?

Thanks for the input.

"

Most owners (including myself) in A3 thread did not report any excessive oil consumption except for this particular post.  Same with other international forums.

I know you want to validate particular point but you have to be discerning also and not just use one instance to represent the overall situation. 

Bro: here was the TS's ride: :grin:

"

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input.

"

The thingy is hw much oil have u topped up so far?

my golf mk 7, i alw do an oil change every 7.5k (half of the recommended interval) so i effectively "topped up every 7.5k".

the key is use correct oil spec, even better if u do 5k with C3 spec oil

a lot workshop just use fake c or s brand oil or other rubbish lexus/middle east variety packaging oil

or start using 50/60 wt to "stop leak" but all its doing it sticking a thicker and thicker dildo up your a**hole and making the crack bigger and consume more at the piston rings

Edited by Furrynadz
↡ Advertisement