Giant having promotion for Mobil oil again

Fcw75

Just bought from IMM giant

0w40 silver cap. 9.99

Note there is no more green cap bottles.

Stock wise plenty, at least 3-4 level stacked.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I find 20 to be too thin an oil.

I was with 30 and then 40 after that certain mileage.

Regular maintenance save the engine in long run... my legacy NA 7 yrs old, 150k mileage still running on 0w30 or 10w30 oil (depend which one i buy)... at least 20% driving pattern redline engine, no leak, no abnormal consumption of engine oil...

Planning to try out PU after I finish my remaining bottles of SSO.

VOA and UOA looks promising.

PU are a rave in BITOG right now due to the leak PDS that reveal their ultra low NOACK %, it's so low that no one actually believe it and some even suspect that the new Qatar plant GTL shipment are being used for PU.

funny you shd mention that. people choose the best cars, zhng until best best, on high loan, then sell off at a loss. we are not the best of astute consumers... end OT.

I like people like that.

What cars are they selling?

:D

I heard that PU and SHU are the same oil or very similar oils.

I dun know if this is true or not

but it would be very funny if the PU that people rave about

is the very same oil as the SHU that people criticise.

Many years ago, the customised/compromised one so low viscousity, can even heard diesel knocks when idling. Gave up on it before any serious engine damage (sold car away without it).

I've been using 30, around 135k km now, hard time restarting warm engine, battery is about 1yr old, wonder is it because of that.

Twincharged
(edited)

I've been using 30, around 135k km now, hard time restarting warm engine, battery is about 1yr old, wonder is it because of that.

Engine oil does NOT affect warm starting,check your fuel injector for leaking,or your spark plugs...high tension cable.

Edited by ER-3682

Most likely the ignition system, especially the ignition coil. If engine oil unsuitable, you got it the first time trying to start warm engine, not until now.

MX no stock for PU leh, so buy cheap mobil first. ^_^

We are out of stocks for PU 5w40 but we still have plenty of stocks for PU 5w30.

I heard that PU and SHU are the same oil or very similar oils.

I dun know if this is true or not

but it would be very funny if the PU that people rave about

is the very same oil as the SHU that people criticise.

Could well be very true but it also depends on which base stocks SOPUS used for their products in certain region. SOPUS has just commission their Qatar GTL(gas to liquid) plant and their 1st 2 batch of GTL has been delivered to USA, i seriously doubt that SE Asia will get their group III+ base stocks anytime soon. Maybe in another 1-2 yr time maybe.

Engine oil does NOT affect warm starting,check your fuel injector for leaking,or your spark plugs...high tension cable.

You are right. Unless the engine oil not off the shelf type [:p]