New Porsche 911 Official Teaser video

Toovo1985

I suppose it might look like this:

If the 7th gear is a dog-leg meant for autobahn/NSH fuel-saving only, it should be fine.

The pattern shown seems suitable for tracks (or winding, fast roads) as 3,4,5, maybe 6 which are the freq use gears, grouped in user-friendly shift path for the hand.... no?

2nd is seldom use except for real 'tricky' turns, 6,7 need real long straights to reach... my guess only [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Now, don't I feel like the ignorant a------e. [blush]

Thought it was a mistype on RadX's part - sorry lah annah/thambi (depending on your age). [laugh]

But 991 < 997? Weird to go 993, 996, 997, then 991, right? Unless you meant 987 - but that's a Boxster, not a 911. [:/]

[laugh] i forgive you...you still nb....er noob in Porkers..

well thin they dunno watever codes to go for 911.1?? [:p]

[laugh] i forgive you...you still nb....er noob in Porkers..

well thin they dunno watever codes to go for 911.1?? [:p]

Why didn't they start with the thousand series?

But what about 999 - which model (if any) took that no.?

Why didn't they start with the thousand series?

But what about 999 - which model (if any) took that no.?

er...polis???

if it were chinese, surely, 998 or 988 [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Talking about Porsche. I saw the MegaFactory on Porsche on Nat Geo channel yesterday night. Get to see how they built and test the Porsche cars and most notably the GT3. Right after that wanted to go to sleep but another program on the same channel on a shop in LA salvaging parts on wrecked Porsche cars.

The place is in Beverly Hills and there are many rich ppl around and many own Porsche cars and happen to wreck or get into accident. Anyway it was interesting to watch cos got ppl all the way from Philippines went over there to search for a Porsche engine. Apparently they are 50% cheaper dan the dealer according to the show. Hot items are mainly engines and transmissions. Most rare are those air-cooled TC flat 6 in the late '80s. There's a belt connected to a quite a large fan to cool the engine for those who dunno about the air-cooled engine. And these Americans further modify the engine to give it a even bigger fan, bigger air-intake manifold and larger turbos. I stayed up to finish the show.

Natgeo seems to be showing MegaFactory on cars every week on Thursday night. Last week was Chevy, the week before was Merc which featured the SLS55AMG. Sadly I only caught the last 15mins on the Merc factory.

Edited by Watwheels