2012 Porsche 911 (991) officially revealed

Blackseal

although the looks havent changed much. since 1963. i have to say it looks fresh. i used to think the 911 was awful but it is starting grow on me! i think it was the 996 that put me off.

although the looks havent changed much. since 1963. i have to say it looks fresh. i used to think the 911 was awful but it is starting grow on me! i think it was the 996 that put me off.

I think they got the concept right...You know 911 DNA is just like VW Beetle....evergreen kind of design...

The Evergreen Look is also Why Used Porsche hold there Value so well.

Pre-owned Porsche hold their value so well becoz it's a Porsche ! Namely good German engineering, reliability and performance !

The 993 and current 997 are the better looking ones. Have to agree that the 996 are horrendous looking. Most of the air cooled series are quite good looking but it's a love hate relationship with P cars.

This new iteration looks muscular. Like!

I was never a big fan of Porsche but I saw a green 997 GT3 this morning with carbon hood and rollcage changed my mentality.

I think if I wasnt married with a mortgage, I might just take a loan and buy that!

I must say the colour combination, branding and performance package is not something any car can be compared to. Even though the GTR has got a legacy like the 911, I dont think the Jap can keep up with the Euro. Having said that, the GTR is more than 1/2 the price of the 911. Its really grown in me now with the colour combination of both GT2 and GT3...

WO YAO MAI PORSCHE! [bigcry]

I was never a big fan of Porsche but I saw a green 997 GT3 this morning with carbon hood and rollcage changed my mentality.

I think if I wasnt married with a mortgage, I might just take a loan and buy that!

I must say the colour combination, branding and performance package is not something any car can be compared to. Even though the GTR has got a legacy like the 911, I dont think the Jap can keep up with the Euro. Having said that, the GTR is more than 1/2 the price of the 911. Its really grown in me now with the colour combination of both GT2 and GT3...

WO YAO MAI PORSCHE! [bigcry]

I've got this Aussie fren who is a Porsche nut and owner that always tell me this...." Let's see what happens to a GTR in 20 yrs time as compared to a Porsche ! "

I've got this Aussie fren who is a Porsche nut and owner that always tell me this...." Let's see what happens to a GTR in 20 yrs time as compared to a Porsche ! "

What does he mean? Both are great cars and holds their value well. To me they have their own legacy pretty much similiar to the M3. Have your friend havent read this yet?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1029995...th-second-video

At the end of the day, the GTR is a Jap and will always be a Jap. Which would I rather drive if I have a choice? Of course the Porsche lah! But at 1/2 the price, you can NEVER find anything that can beat the GTR.

In terms of holding their value? They all have their own limited series. As far as I know, the Z-tune (almost 10year old car and only 20 in the world) that Nismo's rebuilt is still valued over 150k AUD which is more than a 2004 911 GT3.

If you say 20 years from now? Nobody knows. Maybe 20years ago a guy said the same thing when the R32 GTR dominated the races? After the R34 when everyone thought thats the end, Nissan released the 35 GTR after 8 years and it didnt disappoint anyone. Only thing is that car is no longer badged as a Skyline.

What does he mean? Both are great cars and holds their value well. To me they have their own legacy pretty much similiar to the M3. Have your friend havent read this yet?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1029995...th-second-video

At the end of the day, the GTR is a Jap and will always be a Jap. Which would I rather drive if I have a choice? Of course the Porsche lah! But at 1/2 the price, you can NEVER find anything that can beat the GTR.

In terms of holding their value? They all have their own limited series. As far as I know, the Z-tune (almost 10year old car and only 20 in the world) that Nismo's rebuilt is still valued over 150k AUD which is more than a 2004 911 GT3.

If you say 20 years from now? Nobody knows. Maybe 20years ago a guy said the same thing when the R32 GTR dominated the races? After the R34 when everyone thought thats the end, Nissan released the 35 GTR after 8 years and it didnt disappoint anyone. Only thing is that car is no longer badged as a Skyline.

Well.... what this friend of mine is trying to say...GTR got more electronics then a basic Porsche...so it may not last... as u know modern electronics do play gremlins at times ? I guess this fella still belongs to the old sch of "conti cars still rules in durability" ? But fact is....I'm pretty neutral....coz we'll only know whether the GTR or Porsche can be as durable as new 20 yrs later....Ah...but really these days....cars have far too many electronics built into them...

Well.... what this friend of mine is trying to say...GTR got more electronics then a basic Porsche...so it may not last... as u know modern electronics do play gremlins at times ? I guess this fella still belongs to the old sch of "conti cars still rules in durability" ? But fact is....I'm pretty neutral....coz we'll only know whether the GTR or Porsche can be as durable as new 20 yrs later....Ah...but really these days....cars have far too many electronics built into them...

Alright fair enough. I have the same thoughts for modern cars too. Which is why I'm very skeptical about getting them. Electrics are a pain to troubleshoot especially in a car where access/locating of the wire is an issue.

Anyway whats a basic Porsche? Like a Boxster? Sorry I'm not very familiar with them but I would think most modern cars will have plenty of electronics in them.

Alright fair enough. I have the same thoughts for modern cars too. Which is why I'm very skeptical about getting them. Electrics are a pain to troubleshoot especially in a car where access/locating of the wire is an issue.

Anyway whats a basic Porsche? Like a Boxster? Sorry I'm not very familiar with them but I would think most modern cars will have plenty of electronics in them.

I think a basic Porsche refers to either a Boxster, Cayman or base model 911....I think what my fren refers to probably being brand pedigree....coz u know Porsche has been making sports car since the late 40's.....and Nissan being much later, and from the far, east does not have the same respect from "badge whores" out there...if u know what I mean...Agree with you...dun u see more Mercedes and Bimmers all being towed despite being so new ? I think these electronic gremlins are much more in asia then elsewhere.... due to our hot and humid climate...I still think cars with less electronics are more reliable...hence less hassle for the owners..

↡ Advertisement