Fuel Consumption of Toyota Camry 2.4l

Somebody

Neutral Newbie
IS250 2.5 V6 doing about 12 +/- a few decimal points... 70% HW aggressive driving, 50% Heavy foot loot type...

IS250 is using Direct Injection engine which is very economical when light foot or cruising,plus it got a 6-speed transmission which helps too.

nowaday direct injection technology can run on lean fuel....save fuel

True but to achieve a consistent 12km/l with a heavy foot doesn't rhyme too well, esp when we're referring to a 2.5l. Even nea indicates abt 11km/l on a combined cycle n we know that figures given are alr on ideal conditions.

True but to achieve a consistent 12km/l with a heavy foot doesn't rhyme too well, esp when we're referring to a 2.5l. Even nea indicates abt 11km/l on a combined cycle n we know that figures given are alr on ideal conditions.

on paper the FC is 12.6km/l but never mention combine, urban or city

but dun think so heavy foot can achieve 12 la.....i also quite heavy foot...mine is ard 10.5km/l

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I driving Merc C180 Kompressor Engine 2006 model giving me 10.0L/City and highway 15.5L. It is amazingly really good consumption. You should drive

city 70km and express way 90km. its make you good fuel cumption. Maintain tyre pressure and how you press accelarator....:)

U sure it's not 12l/100km?

Aiyo why u doubt? I calculated every time I pump full tank by mileage clock vs liter used...

btw I still not so use to the L/100KM measurement... understood but cannot conceptualized it... haha... stubborn old man I am...

Hi, I driving Merc C180 Kompressor Engine 2006 model giving me 10.0L/City and highway 15.5L. It is amazingly really good consumption. You should drive

city 70km and express way 90km. its make you good fuel cumption. Maintain tyre pressure and how you press accelarator....:)

to be frank ...90km/h on highway is like not moving at all...do not have tat kind of discipline...

Hi there,

i'm having terrible fuel consumption with my toyota camry. even when i drive "conservatively", it is doing about 7-8km/litre. completely horrible.

what are your experiences?

i always thought that a camry will get at least 10km/litre.

i got a friend driving a JDM camry 2.4L, he is getting 9-10km/litre which I considered as average FC for an IL4 big engine.

anyway, did you replace your stock rims to any other heavy alloy rims? upsized?

any other mods?

fyi, my 2.5 v6 is getting 9.5km/litre using 17" rims.

after i changed to 19" rims, my FC drops to 8-8.5km/litre.

somehow i feel that driving big engine cars depend a lot on your driving pattern.

even idling the car, you will lost your FC greatly.

however, light footed on big engine cars will defeat the purpose of getting one in the first place? FC vs power theory.

small cars won't have much effect even after i idled the car for an hour, FC is still relatively the same. this, i don't understand why.

somehow, 7-8km/litre for a camry is really hard to digest.

you sure you are not using MIC calculator? [laugh]

Strangely but somewhat true, my uncle's 2.4l camry. Current thai model and the one before (mij) also get abt 7-8km/l.

Driving pattern? Uncle kind.. Nv really loot..

Find it alil crazy for such a car lor...

Any more camry owners input?

Aiyo why u doubt? I calculated every time I pump full tank by mileage clock vs liter used...

btw I still not so use to the L/100KM measurement... understood but cannot conceptualized it... haha... stubborn old man I am...

having driven your car thus long, you should roughly be able to judge what is the approximate speed where your car is able to cruise with the least drag. For e.g. if your car is able to cruise with the least air resistance at about 90km/h, it might ironically produce better FC if you briskly speed up and cruise at 90km/h compared to say letting the beast totter slowly past 50...past 60...past 70 you know what i mean.

to be frank ...90km/h on highway is like not moving at all...do not have tat kind of discipline...

If 90km/h on highway lane 1 is road hogging already. I hate those driver. :ph34r:

having driven your car thus long, you should roughly be able to judge what is the approximate speed where your car is able to cruise with the least drag. For e.g. if your car is able to cruise with the least air resistance at about 90km/h, it might ironically produce better FC if you briskly speed up and cruise at 90km/h compared to say letting the beast totter slowly past 50...past 60...past 70 you know what i mean.

That is what I mention to TS on my earlier post, accelerate briskly to reach cruiseing speed, this will provide you better FC then super light foot (always below 2000rpm) and take forever to reach a cruising speed. This type of driving pattern will cause the car to always stay at lower gear.

There many driver on road driving with this pattern.

That is what I mention to TS on my earlier post, accelerate briskly to reach cruiseing speed, this will provide you better FC then super light foot (always below 2000rpm) and take forever to reach a cruising speed. This type of driving pattern will cause the car to always stay at lower gear.

There many driver on road driving with this pattern.

Worse still. Carbon buildup sooner or later then FC becomes more shitty. LPPL

IS250 2.5 V6 doing about 12 +/- a few decimal points... 70% HW aggressive driving, 50% Heavy foot loot type...

then i got serious problem with my IS250.

I am on Advan RS lightweight 18" Rims running 225/245 and Fsports intake.

I can only get 9 to 10 best :(

Can tell me what did you do to your car?

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Don't mean to hijack this thread. Since it's about FC, appreciate your feedback.

Based on 50%highway,

My Grandis averages 7.5km/l. Is this normal or something really wrong? Cos based on my driving style, I get average 10~11km/litre for Alfa 156, 9.5km/litre for Lexus IS250 and 8km/litre for Evo X.

The Grandis went for complete servicing at C&C but no improvement.

Thanks.