Fuel Consumption of Toyota Camry 2.4l

Somebody

I think you are right with the IS250 consumption. I got the same too.

My friend's is250 is also getting 9+ so I guess it's pretty normal. But 12 plus is definitely achievable if mostly highway la. Like I said before, even a conservative figure for a combined cycle is 11km/l. Maybe RossChang can really share some special tips.

↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

Don't mean to hijack this thread. Since it's about FC, appreciate your feedback.

Based on 50%highway,

My Grandis averages 7.5km/l. Is this normal or something really wrong? Cos based on my driving style, I get average 10~11km/litre for Alfa 156, 9.5km/litre for Lexus IS250 and 8km/litre for Evo X.

The Grandis went for complete servicing at C&C but no improvement.

Thanks.

Grandis is a very heavy car, and with only 4spd auto, I think is normal for the FC.

The rest of the car you compare all have a better power/weight ratio and a better gear box. FC better is normal

Neutral Newbie

Yes Grandis is heavy at 1650kg. But the IS250 is 1580kg, not too far away. Evo X is 1520kg. Alfa 156 is very light at 1250kg.

I wonder if anyone has lived with a grandis to share the FC.

My friend's is250 is also getting 9+ so I guess it's pretty normal. But 12 plus is definitely achievable if mostly highway la. Like I said before, even a conservative figure for a combined cycle is 11km/l. Maybe RossChang can really share some special tips.

hur... can't really share anything la... unless u wanna be like me... car park at home all the time on weekdays (might take it out for dinner) and mostly driven on weekends, plus my monthly trip to m'sia inlaws place.

But hor, even I travel up north a fair bit, it's mostly 70% HW only, the rest is City + Windy/curvy mountain rd where I really LOOT~!!... hahahaha

My 2IS is stock to it's best la... perhaps only a F-sport shift knob now. Eh, how's the F-sport intake helping with the FC? I"m looking at F-sport Sway (front back), Intake (F joe z, I'm changing the filter case too), shock (probably not the F-sport spring la)

Edit: Orh maybe my mthly trip up north helps clear carbon?

Edited by Rosschang

Neutral Newbie

Hi Rosschang,

I converted to f-sport coil over and it's horrible, floats over highway bumps, damping too soft and the spring somehow has inadequate travel - per leng kee workshop advise. Thus when I turn and go over humps, the coils knock each other. You might want to give F-sport coilover a miss and consider dedicated makers of coilovers like KW.

Hi, I'm driving a 2.0 Camry.

I can get about 8~9km/l in the city, and 10~11km/l on the highway. What some of them said about driving at a higher speed with minimal "stop-and-go" will produce lower fuel consumption is true. Personally I drive at around 100-110km/h on the highway and hence I'm able to hit those lower FC numbers.

Hope that helps!

Hi Rosschang,

I converted to f-sport coil over and it's horrible, floats over highway bumps, damping too soft and the spring somehow has inadequate travel - per leng kee workshop advise. Thus when I turn and go over humps, the coils knock each other. You might want to give F-sport coilover a miss and consider dedicated makers of coilovers like KW.

U meant, u changed to F-sport coil spring. Coilover from my humble misconception are spring/damper set...

Anyway, yes if you just change the Coil spring I would expect you experience such. Because the spring rate is (in relativity terms) higher than your stock shock/dampers, thus ur stock dampers would not have enuf dampening power to reduce the oscillation produce by the spring.

Having bot my 2IS, I felt that the stock dampers is not that enuf for the stock coil spring, so I'm thinking of changing to F-Sport Dampers/Shock. However, I would still like some input from those who had done F-sport coil spring + F-sport dampers.

KW is obviously good, I had KWv1 on my old BMW E36, too bad KW dun make v1 for our 2IS. only v3 which is freaking expensive :(

Edit: Sorry to TS, this does sounds very OT :P we talking abt FT hor... :D

Edited by Rosschang

Neutral Newbie

Yes I changed to F-Sport coilver, shock plus spring set > $3000. Doesn't work at all. I understand from most pro workshop that F-Sport eg are OEM stuffs, high markup to make money and not really the quality kind like KW - hope I explained it right.

Ok and sorry, let's stay on track on FC.

Edited by Titaniumr

Hi, I'm driving a 2.0 Camry.

I can get about 8~9km/l in the city, and 10~11km/l on the highway. What some of them said about driving at a higher speed with minimal "stop-and-go" will produce lower fuel consumption is true. Personally I drive at around 100-110km/h on the highway and hence I'm able to hit those lower FC numbers.

Hope that helps!

same car here, somewhat similar. mostly city, but i've never hit 10km/l before. best is only 9.8

same car here, somewhat similar. mostly city, but i've never hit 10km/l before. best is only 9.8

Hmmm try driving faster especially for longer distances? I live in the central area, but whenever I drive to the west for work in the morning I generally take lane 1 and go at 100-110km/h.

Sg no use for 2.4l car since it's not sporty or Eco it's nowhere

i think taking public transport should be best, do you reckon so? =p

Edited by Ladykillerz

Turbocharged

fuel filter changed? usually about 100k km.. check your manual.

overlooked during my last major servicing.

the IS250 in stock form is definitely not a fuel saver kind of car, with 8.5 to 9.5km/l (just about right for 12l/100km) is just the norm for city driving, no lead foot whatsoever. the claimed of 12km/l is only achievable in highway (not expressway), with a constant speed of around 120kph for hours. this is my personal experience with 3 IS250 from different batches (pre and post facelift) of production.

Yes Grandis is heavy at 1650kg. But the IS250 is 1580kg, not too far away. Evo X is 1520kg. Alfa 156 is very light at 1250kg.

I wonder if anyone has lived with a grandis to share the FC.

You need to look at the power/weight ratio.

↡ Advertisement