Toyota Prius

Ssbcc

Eh, I think the Lexus CT200H and Camry Hybrid price difference is more than $1k. $10k you mean? FC is definitely a factor to consider while the comfort is also important. The Prius has plenty of legroom which I am very impressed with. I wonder if that is what we are going to have in the Camry Hybrid. Hoping for a triple promotion to go visit BM showroom soon. Now can only hit the road with a decent Honda Fit. Hahaha. :D

Camry legroom sure better than Prius, have sit in both before but unless the person at the back is over 180, else it's comparable. Have to try sitting it to feel it.

You can check BM website for CT200H as well as the Camry price.

Take note CT200H is 1800cc, the road tax yearly will be much lower, not sure about the insurance though.

In terms of rear legroom, CT200H will lose big time to both Prius and Camry.

Just go down and ask what promo they currently having, normally they will give more than what the papers mention.

↡ Advertisement

Camry legroom sure better than Prius, have sit in both before but unless the person at the back is over 180, else it's comparable. Have to try sitting it to feel it.

You can check BM website for CT200H as well as the Camry price.

Take note CT200H is 1800cc, the road tax yearly will be much lower, not sure about the insurance though.

In terms of rear legroom, CT200H will lose big time to both Prius and Camry.

Just go down and ask what promo they currently having, normally they will give more than what the papers mention.

Sure, would let you know my opinions when I get down to test drive the new Camry Hybrid! ^_^

Hi bro, I went to test drive the new Camry 2.5 Hybrid and the Prius just now. It's a world of difference. I am awed by the Camry and the features it has. I just felt so comfortable while driving it and I feel that it is definitely very powerful. It is like having the best of both world because it will be good on fuel consumption.

I don't think it will achieve the 17km/l stated but I think 15km/l is highly possible. For a difference of about $15k, I would recommend the Toyota Camry 2.5 Hybrid over the Prius.

Anyway, what new car did you buy?

Hi bro, I went to test drive the new Camry 2.5 Hybrid and the Prius just now. It's a world of difference. I am awed by the Camry and the features it has. I just felt so comfortable while driving it and I feel that it is definitely very powerful. It is like having the best of both world because it will be good on fuel consumption.

I don't think it will achieve the 17km/l stated but I think 15km/l is highly possible. For a difference of about $15k, I would recommend the Toyota Camry 2.5 Hybrid over the Prius.

Anyway, what new car did you buy?

Hey, didn't notice you have already replied this thread. How's the noise on both the Hybrid?

Notice huge transistion when the engine from shut off to turn on?

Recently saw a review from Taiwan on YouTube for Prius, they are able to achieve 31km/l on a 150km trip.

Sorry I'm leaning more towards a Prius as it's more of a proper Hybrid, Camry is just too heavy for those batteries IMO.

But of course if you are into bigger size, comfort, go for the Camry.

I think I saw you post somewhere that the resale vaule is not as good as the normal Camry, that is because of the parf rebate. A hybrid car only get back 30% of the rebate as compare to a normal vehicle, which is why the car command a lower value in 2nd hand market. The other reason is alot out there still don't understand Hybrid cars, and most fear battery dead before 10 years. Anyway BM is giving 10 yrs batt warranty. [:)]

Anyway I'm on a Prius C =)

test drove prius c n insight.

former = gradual pickup but better headroom, softer suspension

latter = better pickup but poor headroom front n rear (can almost knock onto a-pillar when get in driver seat), firmer suspension

both = leg room so-so but very quiet & on cvt, sound system not clear oni can adjust treble & bass

build-wise prefer prius c altho both equally quality build

test drove prius c n insight.

former = gradual pickup but better headroom, softer suspension

latter = better pickup but poor headroom front n rear (can almost knock onto a-pillar when get in driver seat), firmer suspension

both = leg room so-so but very quiet & on cvt, sound system not clear oni can adjust treble & bass

build-wise prefer prius c altho both equally quality build

You try the Prius c with Eco button on? The pick up is rather fast given it's 1.5 VS insight 1.3.

The best of the insight is the boot space.

You try the Prius c with Eco button on? The pick up is rather fast given it's 1.5 VS insight 1.3.

The best of the insight is the boot space.

didnt try that, but if ECO on won't throttle be controlled? cos i tried insight w/o ECO, did felt head being slightly pressed against headrest shortly after floored accelerator, didnt feel that on prius.

agree insight's boot space gd due to batt under rear seat, pity too low headroom.

btw, not tryin to frighten anyone, but have u heard about much higher EMF emission issue fr hybrid?

Edited by Fuelsaver

didnt try that, but if ECO on won't throttle be controlled? cos i tried insight w/o ECO, did felt head being slightly pressed against headrest shortly after floored accelerator, didnt feel that on prius.

agree insight's boot space gd due to batt under rear seat, pity too low headroom.

btw, not tryin to frighten anyone, but have u heard about much higher EMF emission issue fr hybrid?

[laugh] I always wonder that also, with such a big batt beneath you, charging and discharging... :blink:

[laugh] I always wonder that also, with such a big batt beneath you, charging and discharging... :blink:

one of my uncles passed away 2 decades ago, the old folks alleged the accumulator below his seat kept "electrifying" him, hence have colon cancer.

u never know, just like radiation..

on side note, hopefully handphone batt too little capacity to generate such "harmful" stuffs.

read, but still mixed feeling.

dunno about electric cars though.

Direct current produce very low EMF and EMR, if you are worried about all this, then you should be worried about staying in places like Singapore where cables are everywhere, underground. The worst are those staying near substation...

Anyway those are another topic of it's own which I don't wanna go into it.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone knows where to change the front bumper to face lift version? Or workshops that sell and install FL front bumper for Prius?

I enquired at BM and was told they do not do conversion.

Supercharged

yes, my sister went to japan recently. rented one 1.8L one. said lots of prius on the roads. and v v economically. hardly need to fill up.

Have a read on the emf and emr on below website:

http://www.naturalnews.com/029091_electric_cars_EMFs.html

I bought this popular EMF meter after reading some of these articles.

I checked a few cars

- 2006 Prius

- 2004 Merc E200

~2005 Merc Sxxx (can't remember exactly)

- 2010 Estima Hybrid

All cars have various spots that have high readings and low, and some become high only when certain pump/motor runs for a while.

But overall the 2004 Merc E200 was the worst, in having high readings at belly region of driver and front passenger.

The Prius had high reading at rear-right passenger.

The others fared about the same as the Prius.

The "Magnetic" positions were used in the Trifield 100XE. I considered readings above 20 milligauss to be high.

I did these tests a few years ago, so this is just the gist of it that I remember.

My mini review of a 2006 Prius.

Was bought new at $83,88 (include COE) from Borneo.

Maintained by Borneo only.

Still driving it nowadays, about 80,000 km now.

My actual fuel economy:

MFD says 5.3 litres per 100km. Usually fill up about 41 litres after driving about 800km. (specs say tank size is 45 litres).

Probably only 20% of the time on expressway.

Problems that I can recall:

- Aircon evaporator was replaced for about $1000 at around 5 years old. (refrigerant leak)

- Car went intermittently went into safe mode (no aircon), Borneo replaced a water-pump under recall, FOC. I think it was for the water cooled motor controller.

Car is a practical size.

Engine can seem quite loud and weak especially when accelerating up a expressway onramp.

Annoying to find your car cannot start in the morning if any of the interior lights was accidentally left on overnight. (this might be common to most cars). Have to charge the 12V lead battery.

No main battery problems so far that I know of.

I met a fellow owner at BM once who told me his 2006 Prius was having major problem with battery, and something related to the battery cooling fan too.

↡ Advertisement