Anybody use Amsoil ?

Spiderman302

Neutral Newbie

Using the sso now. Initally feels good but after abt 3k dunno if the oil breaks down or what. Lousy feel and fuel comsumption increased. Car vibrates quite badly during cold start but dunno if it's due to the eo. Never happened w my other eo before tho :/

Yes, I am using Amsoil. Its very good value for money. Right now they have the new API:SN oils at M X .... you know who. Just get it from them lor.

I am not familiar with the terms use in the EO.

May I know how many types of oil and what the plus point of these oil ?

Go to their website.

Amsoil dot com dot sg.

They have a lot of information there.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have no vested interest in them in any way.

Using the sso now. Initally feels good but after abt 3k dunno if the oil breaks down or what. Lousy feel and fuel comsumption increased. Car vibrates quite badly during cold start but dunno if it's due to the eo. Never happened w my other eo before tho :/

So far so good for me. About 4k liao.

1. Excessive blow-by. Causing eo dilution and breaking down. Oil may be too thin for your engine.

2. Removal of deposits. Cause Amsoil SSO do have quite pretty high levels of detergent.

Just check out API and ACES ratings.

However, do take note that if your car is of old design using flat tappets, then API:SN oil may not suitable due to low ZDDP. In such a case, you can either revert to older oils or add ZDDP additives.

Go to their website.

Amsoil dot com dot sg.

They have a lot of information there.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have no vested interest in them in any way.

The distributor one is far too overpriced. If you don't want kena chop carrot head, better go to Mayalab.

The distributor one is far too overpriced. If you don't want kena chop carrot head, better go to Mayalab.

Thanks for sharing. I think I have this link before. Someone here or it could be you [:p] that share this information with me.

I presume the oil they sell and supply is the same as the ones from the distributor notwithstanding that their prices are much cheaper. :D

Hi,

Anyone use this oil before ? Any feedback in terms of :

1. Fuel consumption.

2. Pickup.

3. Temperature.

Rgds

On amsoil 5w40 superior ( directly from US ) after hearing so many bros here using them

Using for 14K already ( label stated 15K miles ) only change the filter @ 10K and top up oil

Intend to change out @20K and check

My car mileage @ 134K and temp gone down 1 click since on amsoil

My friend notice a smoother gear change on his car after changing to amsoil from SHU

Thanks for this info bro! I SMS them last night and they delivered this morning punctually! I bought 5 bottle of 0w20, 5 bottle of 5w30, save $20 upfront!

Edited by Chucky2007

Thanks for this info bro! I SMS them last night and they delivered this morning punctually! I bought 5 bottle of 0w20, 5 bottle of 5w30, save $20 upfront!

So Mayalab is ok? This is 1st time I come across this website. m---------s is way too far for me and the timing is inconvenient.