How the school teach the students to cross roads?

Tom_kkh

was raining and dark this morning.

sent my nephew to school and there is a zebra crosiing right outside the school gates.

i was the second car, i saw 2 students crossing the zebra crossing with their hands out, "stop" hand sign.

i presume the first car did not see them and had no intention to slow down, from my point of view

the funny thing is, i can tell the students were aware of it and they bo chay and keeping crossing.

at the last min, the first car hard braked to avoid knocking down the students!

i am just wondering, since the students already saw the non stopping car, y are they still crossing?!

Do they think, since they are on the zebra crossing, they are the king? Yes, we should give way to pedestrian at zebra crossing but there are times when u will find kuku drivers who are no alert enough to spot them...

i just wonder how do schools teach their students to cross the street... or is it the students sai lan???

Edited by Tom_kkh
↡ Advertisement

That's why they are call students. They are still learning. How old are they btw? You cannot expect children to see from the driver's point of view.

There are instances whereby old folks react the same way. My car already in their faces but still they try to outpace me and stare at my car. Talk about eye power. I dun fault them cos from the looks they have not driven anything in their entire lives before.

On the other hand I think the red man/green man is more suited outside the schools dan zebra crossings cos I notice a lot of cars dun even slow down when nearing any zebra crossings.

Edited by Watwheels

That's why they are call students. They are still learning. How old are they btw? You cannot expect children to see from the driver's point of view.

pri 4 or 5 maybe?

imagine i will be in the police station now giving my statement if the driver did not stop in time.

but this is human instinct isnt it? do not put yrself in harms way? common sense?

dun say zebra crossing... those ppl just cross anywhere of e road like they own the road.. even though got cars passing by..

and those ppl crossing e roads are aunties... =.=

still dare to stare at e driver..

Y blame the school ? the parents no brain ah teach kids? All the learning the teacher must do is it! Really stupid comment just blame school...

Y blame the school ? the parents no brain ah teach kids? All the learning the teacher must do is it! Really stupid comment just blame school...

agree.. parent also play a part in teaching e kids mah..

rememeber a year ago at punggol.. a old man try to cross e road with his grandchild den a evo hit them or something?

they could have use e traffic lights or bridge...

(edited)

i thought my angmo lousy, u worst than me... didnt u see the "?", so it is a question not a statement....and i also mentioned is it the kids themselves?

wan me to type in chinese for u? (a question)

i think i better type chinese for u (this is a statement)

Edited by Tom_kkh

pri 4 or 5 maybe?

imagine i will be in the police station now giving my statement if the driver did not stop in time.

but this is human instinct isnt it? do not put yrself in harms way? common sense?

Maybe they are those typical sgporeans whose parents/teachers teach them they have the "right of way". :D

was raining and dark this morning.

sent my nephew to school and there is a zebra crosiing right outside the school gates.

i was the second car, i saw 2 students crossing the zebra crossing with their hands out, "stop" hand sign.

i presume the first car did not see them and had no intention to slow down, from my point of view

the funny thing is, i can tell the students were aware of it and they bo chay and keeping crossing.

at the last min, the first car hard braked to avoid knocking down the students!

i am just wondering, since the students already saw the non stopping car, y are they still crossing?!

Do they think, since they are on the zebra crossing, they are the king? Yes, we should give way to pedestrian at zebra crossing but there are times when u will find kuku drivers who are no alert enough to spot them...

i just wonder how do schools teach their students to cross the street... or is it the students sai lan???

I believe the tread to be in good order and in good faith. Based on the facts presented, the driver could be having some night-blindness issue. Some/many people (pedestrians/drivers alike) may be ignorance of this danger on the roads. Perhaps you could be doing eeryone a favour by reporting such observations to both the Authority and the school concerned. Many thanks.

out of 40 students in a class how many u think will give the teacher 100% attention. The most that those who fails to listen will be a standard answer 'My teacher did not teach'. Yes, the teacher in schools do teach road safety but it is also the parents' duty to reinforce this values. [nod][nod]

it called tough love

to me its not tough love but parenting and it worked on me and it still works on my children. One stroke is oredy enough for the children to get the message. [whip]

Twincharged

I dug out one of my old brochures I got when in primary school about how to cross the road. The brochure say when approach zebra crossing raise your hands and cross. Never tell us to look left and right. So I guess they just did what they were taught. Only time the brochure asked us to look out for traffic is when no pedestrian crossing nearby and have to cross the road.

I believe the tread to be in good order and in good faith. Based on the facts presented, the driver could be having some night-blindness issue. Some/many people (pedestrians/drivers alike) may be ignorance of this danger on the roads. Perhaps you could be doing eeryone a favour by reporting such observations to both the Authority and the school concerned. Many thanks.

that stretch is really dark due to the rain. some road lights/lamp were spoil...

giving benefit of doubt to the driver, i believe its really the darkness that clouded his view.

the thing that concern me is, y the students keep walking, seeing that the car did not have any intention to slow down????

Survival of the fittest and fearless.

It's has always being in the animal world.

The student could be the fearless type, challenging it's predator the car driver.

I guess the car driver chicken out in the game of dare.

The children could be testing which two of them is the fittest, which student can survive a crash or could sprint away from the car at the very last second.

Laws may be taught and learned in the human world.

But deep down....danger, excitement, mating, challenge, living on the edge, etc is what make life and living more worthwhile!!

It's the nature of this world....

Edited by SimonTan
↡ Advertisement