Pile-up @ CTE (near cairnhill) exit this morning - 29 Aug 11

Pool100

I was in a 5 cars chain-collision before too. Car infront of me jam brake with tire screech but I managed to stop in time. Taxi behind me stopped in time too as he was quite far from me. BUT a VW Touran behind the taxi was tailgating. The taxi kena hit and in turn hit my car. 2 other cars behind the VW Touran also didn't stop in time. My car's butt was hit about 3 times due to the multiple impacts. Luckily I was the 1st car in the chain collision so didn't suffer too much financially, except for a whiplash.

↡ Advertisement

I was in a 5 cars chain-collision before too. Car infront of me jam brake with tire screech but I managed to stop in time. Taxi behind me stopped in time too as he was quite far from me. BUT a VW Touran behind the taxi was tailgating. The taxi kena hit and in turn hit my car. 2 other cars behind the VW Touran also didn't stop in time. My car's butt was hit about 3 times due to the multiple impacts. Luckily I was the 1st car in the chain collision so didn't suffer too much financially, except for a whiplash.

Sound quite bad. Was it on CTE going into the tunnel too?

sometime even with super brake kit, we cant stop the car behind to bang too, end up still kiss the front.

Best is to keep a safe distance from the car in front.

But more often than that, you will have those cars that like to suddenly cut in from another lane in between yours and the vehicle in front. Then again, if the car in front jam brake, this vehicle would crash into it.

Nope. It was along ECP heading to city, just before Rochor exit. Happened on a weekday morning when everyone is rushing for work. One strange phenomenon I noticed - why do ALL cars slow down right before every ERP gantry? Can't be everyone forgot to insert their cashcard in the IU, right?

post-74439-1315812776.jpg That's my old car.

post-74439-1315812881.jpg The taxi behind me. Poor uncle was trapped & I'd to force open his door. When he was out, he was limping and trembling from the shock.

post-74439-1315812951.jpg The VW behind the taxi. It drove off shortly after.

post-74439-1315813021.jpg The last 2 cars.

Sound quite bad. Was it on CTE going into the tunnel too?

↡ Advertisement