Accident 3rd party respray

Blueblack

Recently my car was hit on the back, now claiming the other party...

so the other party insurance company and my insurance appointed workshop will change my bumper n knock back my boot, but spray painting will cover only affected areas only.

W/S aknowledged the end result will have slight different in colour tone due to old and new paint...

in order to avoid, the entire car have to be re spray.... so end up I need to pay $700 [:(]

My question is this the norm and is this fair :huh:

I do know other workshop not the appointed one will do 100% claims and such issues will not happen as they will spray everything and claim everything from the third party insurancer.

On top of that, I had done many run to reporting centre, my friend workshop (check cost), my insurance workshop thrice (let the other party surveyer check cost, leave car there and eventually collect again next week ) .... spend afew half days leave doing this somemore :angry: :angry: :

I think in future I will have to give it a thought which suppose to be the correct way <_<

The insurance industries kept saying claim are inflated due to all those above but honestly we working people due to time n saving our own pocket or smart people here may actually gain from this ordeal [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

You should come here and ask earlier.

Anyway some info for you.

If you kena from the back and you are not reversing, you are almost 100% win the case.

Go to any workshop, they will be more than willing to file for 3rd party claim for you.

You need not go to your insurance's authorized workshop for repair or do 3rd party claim. Go there just for accident reporting only. They might persuade you to repair there "hint' you that your insurance will not pay you for the repair doing outside.

If your car is with stock paint, most workshop will know the correct colour to use. There will not be colour mismatch problem la. But if you do have "pattern" on the car and you want them to bacome new, you will have to pay on your own la.

Reporting procedure..

1. If under Aviva, call their hot line. They will come to visit you for the reporting. If not, 1 visit to the named workshop in your insurance policy. Tell them you are reporting the accident only.

2. Ask the party who bang your back if they are claiming insurance or settle private.

3. If settle private, drive your car to the workshop named by the party. Let him/her nego with the workshop on the cost. If you are not confortable with the named workshop, you have the rights to refuse and go to your choice workshop and ask for 3rd party claim.

4. If claim insurance, you can go to any workshop. If new car, go back to AD la. The workshop will call the insurance of the 3rd party. If the insurance agrees with direct settlement, they will ask you to drive your car in for survey. Only needs 30mins, if they are punctual.

5. If the party refused to admit liability... then longer story.

And... in any situation, after an accident, go and see doctor even if you don't feel anything is wrong. Because if the case is close and then you develop medical issue, you are not able to claim anymore.

Claim against other party insurance for bumper damage n pay $700 more because don't like the idea just spray only damage area [:(]

↡ Advertisement