Will you fly Garuda Indonesia?

Sugar

Neutral Newbie

I got a friend who has to fly Garuda (due to timing and location) for a business trip and he is worried about the airline.

I do not know much but it Garuda dangerous?

Will you fly?

↡ Advertisement

Garuda has a very poor safety record.

Does your friend has other choice? If so, is the inconvenience worth the risk?

Only he can decide.

When I was a kid, going to Jakarta on a holiday with my parents, one of the doors of the plane I was on was not fully closed as the plane started taxiing the runway for the take-off. Luckily it was discovered in time by an alert passenger. Otherwise I wouldn't be here writing this. As recounted to me by my parents, the airline - Garuda.

Anyway i think garuda has revamped quite a bit after new chief took over.

Think safety wise may not be as good as SIA, but service sure way better than Tiger Air...

Tiger Airways lives up to its name.. once u faces a tiger at close proximity, u will never wanna get close to it again.. even when its free

I got a friend who has to fly Garuda (due to timing and location) for a business trip and he is worried about the airline.

Will you fly?

One customer told me: Anything taht flies in the air is dangerous, be it SQ or CX........ :huh: :huh:

Ha ha ha...... tell your friend not to worry, everything will be fine......its just around an hour flight.... ^_^ ^_^

If it is time to go, then be it, like some said, even cross the road also can get killed [rolleyes]

If still worried, check with Radx if his name is in his list [laugh] [laugh]

have taken >30 flights so far, including their domestic. Have not encountered any problem on safety. Would say their service impresses me more than our own airline. Food wise so-so. Prefer them as less crowded so more seats avaliable

Their prices is a little higher, and they tend to be late as well. Other than that, it's ok. I don't recall serious issues in the recent years although they were restricted by EU for a while(that was lifted) as compared to SQ (TW) and Silkair(Palembang) incidents. Lion Air is the one who has more safety issues

have taken >30 flights so far, including their domestic. Have not encountered any problem on safety. Would say their service impresses me more than our own airline. Food wise so-so. Prefer them as less crowded so more seats avaliable

Will you fly?

why not? and the food is nicer than SQ

Their prices is a little higher, and they tend to be late as well. Other than that, it's ok. I don't recall serious issues in the recent years although they were restricted by EU for a while(that was lifted) as compared to SQ (TW) and Silkair(Palembang) incidents. Lion Air is the one who has more safety issues

Yup forgot to mention about the lateness (thks!) but found price to be lower than Silkair or SIA, can be ~$200. In fact I would say it is normal to be delayed, have kenna a few times delay, max 1hr. So if have connecting flight need to make allowance for this extra 1hr to be safe