Deal, discount coupon sales

Brianjones

Internal Moderator

I dunno if the deals are real some I see are existing promo .. No diff

I personally have 2 negative encounters, despite having some savings.

1. Got a 40% discount groupons for one Ba-Gua shop.

Went to buy and saw a promotion of 30%. Thus, if I am to use the groupons, I am unable to get the promotion. Thus net saving of only 10%.

2. Got a laksa steamboat buffet voucher at 40% off also.

- Call to book appt. Need to be have advance booking for 2 weeks. However, if not using the groupons, there are seats available for me that particular day.

- Next, upon arrivals, priority queue has to be given to non-groupon users despite advance booking for 2 weeks.

- Super poor customer service during the meal.

Thus, I am wondering is it worthwhile to purchase these deals..

no complaints on the ones i have patronised..

still have a stack of untilised groupons ..

Groupon won't scam you (they're not like some other shady sites), but remember that part of their business model is making something off people who buy and then neglect to use the groupons - that's basically how the deals become sweeter to the merchants. So don't fall for that trap, and use the groupons as quickly as possible , and NEVER let them expire.

My advice is to buy groupons for products at a good discount (compare prices on the Internet first), then go down and make the purchase on the 'opening day' (when groupon is first valid). You don't want to be told they're out of stock, etc. I haven't bought any groupons for services, and I don't intend to either - you're basically at the merchant's mercy in terms of when you get the appointment, etc.

i also bought many coupons ... the same thing for the bak kwa thingy ... but i understand its 40% of the retail price like most establishments ... discounts will not be given for promo items.

reservation have not tried yet ... will be trying next week when i use my roast duck coupon at "dian xiao er".

i also kenah the out-of-stock thing when i bought chicken wings coupon ... was told had to wait for abt 2 hours ... so i just left. second time i went when the shop just opened ... but still had to wait for abt 45 mins to get my wings ... and parking fee kenah $2.40 = not much savings.

g-market also starting this coupon/promo thingy ... managed to get 8 big + 12 small cans of coconut water at $4 only - with free door step delivery.!!

the only downside i can see to this is when i get my credit card bill ... i was relatively surprised to see that i have spent so much money without feeling it !! only when i see the bill then i realize !! over the past 2 mths, i thk i spent almost $500 + on coupons !!

When buying these deals, one should not only watch out for the coupon site's reputation but also the merchant's reputation. So far, I have found that using the coupons for goods/services from bigger establishments tends to be more fuss free. I believe that this is for two main reasons. First, they have a larger number of staff to cope with the surge in "demand", especially within the first week of the deal closing. Second, they tend to commit to such deals with a clear marketing goal in mind and have a reputation to upkeep.

The nature of the product is also important. Many have bought travel deals not knowing that their flight timings are not within their own control and also have been subject to taxes and fuel surcharges. Better read the fine print when the deal is too good to be true.

The nature of the product is also important. Many have bought travel deals not knowing that their flight timings are not within their own control and also have been subject to taxes and fuel surcharges. Better read the fine print when the deal is too good to be true.

local product and food is still ok .... but services like grooming, wellness and travel services, better read all the fine lines and details. usually there are tie-ins and most of these promo trials are useless becoz you wud require more than 3 sessions to see any results.

for travel deals, you know lah ... have to visit all those sponsors' shop .... tea, jade, foot massage, medicinal, jewelry ...etc "shops".

i also bought many coupons ... the same thing for the bak kwa thingy ... but i understand its 40% of the retail price like most establishments ... discounts will not be given for promo items.

reservation have not tried yet ... will be trying next week when i use my roast duck coupon at "dian xiao er".

i also kenah the out-of-stock thing when i bought chicken wings coupon ... was told had to wait for abt 2 hours ... so i just left. second time i went when the shop just opened ... but still had to wait for abt 45 mins to get my wings ... and parking fee kenah $2.40 = not much savings.

g-market also starting this coupon/promo thingy ... managed to get 8 big + 12 small cans of coconut water at $4 only - with free door step delivery.!!

the only downside i can see to this is when i get my credit card bill ... i was relatively surprised to see that i have spent so much money without feeling it !! only when i see the bill then i realize !! over the past 2 mths, i thk i spent almost $500 + on coupons !!

Bah Kwa are over-stock product, which may have expired shelf life, so the cheap promotion, I know of one fast food who has this fish-burger promotion years back; Buy One fish burger-get one FREE, why so, simply the full container from overseas has less then one month expiry date to clear stock, so the promotion, so when you see a promotion, dun jump into it ( esp food related stuff ), You get more than you can bargain !

Speaking of chicken wing & Bah Kwa . . ., U can imagine things happening, I was reading on a news on China's farmer, who harvest Kiwi fruit on tree by adding chemicals on drip, to increase it's size in short times and weight,adding water to slaughtered pigs and adding weight to fishes, mad cow disease, bird flu epidemic etc, doing such unethical practices can result in health concerns for all of us, as it was imported overseas, we heard of stained milk powder, used condom recycled as hair-band for gals, the list goes on . . .

Bah Kwa are over-stock product, which may have expired shelf life, so the cheap promotion, I know of one fast food who has this fish-burger promotion years back; Buy One fish burger-get one FREE, why so, simply

in SG, food control is still believable lah ... and they also "peng" the bak kwa on the spot when i order.

i had to miss out on the latest popeye's fried chicken offer ... tooth problem.

Bought and used the Swensens Groupon. [thumbsup]

My wife also bought think $80 to get $160 value. Had redeemed some to have dinner and a birthday cake. Really [thumbsup]

But always need to look out for fineprints when dealing with coupons, as always got conditions attached. Most common is for weekdays only..

↡ Advertisement