Car attracting dirt particules after waxing

Stiener

Dear detailers,

After I wash and wax the car and drive back home (no MSCP in my area), it attracts a layer of dirt almost immediately. Should I wash the car and wax it at night instead?

↡ Advertisement

Just to ask if you used wax that dried to white haze before you buff off, or wax which doesn't require heavy buffing?

I do remember that in the older paste wax which turned to white haze, and these heavy buffing resulted in these attracted dirt after waxing session.

while modern polymer or sythetic coating, did not attract the kind of particles that the older waxing method did.

Just to ask if you used wax that dried to white haze before you buff off, or wax which doesn't require heavy buffing?

I do remember that in the older paste wax which turned to white haze, and these heavy buffing resulted in these attracted dirt after waxing session.

while modern polymer or sythetic coating, did not attract the kind of particles that the older waxing method did.

I am using the liquidwax. No need to haze or buff.

I am using the liquidwax. No need to haze or buff.

Usually dust tend to land on a waxed car easily...there is more solvent or some call it oil in a wax and this actually gives u a wet look and nice water beadings..mo need to wash again..it goes of after awhile

Edited by Maddriver

Usually dust tend to land on a waxed car easily...there is more solvent or some call it oil in a wax and this actually gives u a wet look and nice water beadings..mo need to wash again..it goes of after awhile

Hi Benny,

I have schedule to apply a layer once a month and waxing it weekly or bi-weekly. Just wanted protection against paint and nice water beading. Is this schedule too frequent?

Hi Benny,

I have schedule to apply a layer once a month and waxing it weekly or bi-weekly. Just wanted protection against paint and nice water beading. Is this schedule too frequent?

Hi Stiener..If you intend to layer wax once a month..U can use a detailer to maintain between washes..

Dear detailers,

After I wash and wax the car and drive back home (no MSCP in my area), it attracts a layer of dirt almost immediately. Should I wash the car and wax it at night instead?

Can't be helped. Haze has surreptitiously crept back again.

A lesson learnt...to get a small bottle and take what I'll need out for the car wash.

write down what you have taken downstairs. once finished washing, tally against your checklist

I also decan the liquid wax, window cleaner, tyre dressings into smaller bottles.

Lighter on my hands.

If leak or forget to bring back, the lost is minimum.

Edited by 5936

I also decan the liquid wax, window cleaner, tyre dressings into smaller bottles.

Lighter on my hands.

If leak or forget to bring back, the lost is minimum.

Need to dig out those small shampoo bottles from hotel liao.

Hotel bottles are really small.

I started with these small bottle, but cannot tahan the "per wash refill".

So cough syrup bottle and those 200-300ml bottles wil be just nice for a few wash.

↡ Advertisement