Volkswagen Sharan..

VellfireS

Saw the VW Sharan on the papers yesterday... I posted a thread on my dad wanting to change his Estima quite some time back.. Do you guys think , space and performance wise , the Sharan is better or go for Vellfire/Alphard/Elgrand? The Sharan looks not bad , 200bhp from a 2L TFSI engine is fantastic.. RT cheaper , FC better..

Please input your comments ... I am open to other suggestions as well..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Saw the VW Sharan on the papers yesterday... I posted a thread on my dad wanting to change his Estima quite some time back.. Do you guys think , space and performance wise , the Sharan is better or go for Vellfire/Alphard/Elgrand? The Sharan looks not bad , 200bhp from a 2L TFSI engine is fantastic.. RT cheaper , FC better..

Please input your comments ... I am open to other suggestions as well..

Erh, The VW Sharan is really the Estima's size, and isn't actually competing with the Vellfire/ Alphard/ Elgrand.....

And VW may be bringing in the 1.4TSI 150bhp 7DSG model in time to come.

=)

• Praise 2

Interesting to see what options are available. Europe/UK market has many options offered. Apparently, there are options like sunroof, built-in child booster seats, etc.

Read Saturday's Life Section thoroughly for Chris Tan's report. Sounds quite interesting, and price is smack between Estima and Alphard range. According to some reviews, the 3rd row is a little cramped.

If I hadn't bought my Galaxy Ecoboost, I would have a hard time choosing between the two.

• Praise 2

The VW service centre sucks big time. 1 service centre to handle ALL the cars they have sold. Read from VAGSG that normal servicing will let you wait for about 1 and a half mths before you can send your car in.

Erh, The VW Sharan is really the Estima's size, and isn't actually competing with the Vellfire/ Alphard/ Elgrand.....

And VW may be bringing in the 1.4TSI 150bhp 7DSG model in time to come.

=)

Hmmm.. I think the 1.4L would be a little underpowered.. The 2L will do the trick fine.. But 3rd row , as comfy as Estima?

If Sharan and Alphard , i will choose Alphard over Sharan , Alphard design is simply nicer , interior looks also win Sharan .

Performace wise Sharan for the win .

thats why Alphard is damn famous in our neighbouring country..

Anybody test-drive the Sharan today?

Was at the showroom just now, it was crowded and I don't have time to wait for the test drive, but managed to get the latest price to share.

Basic model: $188,800, delivery before next year CNY, 5 months wait.

"Sport" Edition: $191,800, deliver in Nov/Dec 2011.

Take 100K loan for 5 years, get $2k rebate off the list price.

Take 40K loan for 3 years, get $1k rebate off the list price.

• Praise 2

Was at the showroom just now, it was crowded and I don't have time to wait for the test drive, but managed to get the latest price to share.

Difference between sport and basic?

Since you can afford it, get the Alphard. It is the flagship and biggest of the MPVs. If you want performance, opt for the Alphard V6, 276 hp Alphard to tap over the Sharan. No need think leow......got size, got power, got presence and can act like mafia leow. [cool]

• Praise 1

3rd row seats got aircon???

Compare with Ford's MPV, which appears to be better?

• Praise 1

Since you can afford it, get the Alphard. It is the flagship and biggest of the MPVs. If you want performance, opt for the Alphard V6, 276 hp Alphard to tap over the Sharan. No need think leow......got size, got power, got presence and can act like mafia leow. [cool]

If I am not wrong, due to the height of Alphard, some of the mscp or older design carpark will not able to enter.

You mean VW showroom is crowded due to Sharan launch @ $188K. I do not even want to step in their showroom seeing such prices or Singaporean are simply too rich and $188K is just peanuts to them. With Jetta from $105K, I did drop by to take a look and still hold my horses. In this unjust world, there are many poor soul trying their best to make end means to survive, but $ingaporean no qualm spending $188K. Wait till one is struck with illness, then they know what $ cannot buy. Maybe I am a loser, still driving my 7yrs old bimmer and 6yrs old SUV

Edited by Sportster
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2