Volkswagen Sharan..

VellfireS

Saw the VW Sharan on the papers yesterday... I posted a thread on my dad wanting to change his Estima quite some time back.. Do you guys think , space and performance wise , the Sharan is better or go for Vellfire/Alphard/Elgrand? The Sharan looks not bad , 200bhp from a 2L TFSI engine is fantastic.. RT cheaper , FC better..

Please input your comments ... I am open to other suggestions as well..

at the price of $186,000/- for 2,000cc ...... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

You mean VW showroom is crowded due to Sharan launch @ $188K. I do not even want to step in their showroom seeing such prices or Singaporean are simply too rich and $188K is just peanuts to them. With Jetta from $105K, I did drop by to take a look and still hold my horses. In this unjust world, there are many poor soul trying their best to make end means to survive, but $ingaporean no qualm spending $188K. Wait till one is struck with illness, then they know what $ cannot buy. Maybe I am a loser, still driving my 7yrs old bimmer and 6yrs old SUV

you question why Singaporeans have no qualms spending 188k when there are many poor souls trying to make ends meet...and yet you have 2 cars! one of them a luxury BMW some more.. [crazy][hur]

don't be a pot calling a kettle black lah.

you question why Singaporeans have no qualms spending 188k when there are many poor souls trying to make ends meet...and yet you have 2 cars! one of them a luxury BMW some more.. [crazy][hur]

don't be a pot calling a kettle black lah.

Bro, both my bimmer and my Suv does not worth alot of $ now. All bought at close to paper+body value at their 5yr mark. My bimmer yearly depreciation is same as what people are asking for their 5yrs old Honda Civic now. You cannot fault me for being street-smart in driving a bimmer bought at low price when I don't loss an arm/leg driving it. Everytime, my friend ask me your bimmer must be worth $100+K, looks the same to those facelifted to 2008 model but I just smile, maybe the "SJ*" plate didn't give it away

If I have budget for $188K. I rather pay a bit more for a new E class around $190K or a PI E250 Cabrio for $218K brand new in today market/COE. Is $188K a value buy for a VW?

Edited by Sportster

If I have budget for $188K. I rather pay a bit more for a new E class around $190K or a PI E250 Cabrio for $218K brand new in today market/COE. Is $188K a value buy for a VW?

If I need 7 seats, your E class or cabrio cannot right? There is a purpose for every car, it's not just about what you can get for a certain price.

But the Estima is also around this price horh [$170k thereabouts], don't forget.

The VW may be expensive, but the Toyota is too. And Audi don't have an MPV for the VW to be benchmarked against.

Many reviews put the 3rd row as a little wanting more in legroom, and shoulder-room. The 2nd row individual seats don't look that comfortable to me too.......

But the Estima is also around this price horh [$170k thereabouts], don't forget.

The VW may be expensive, but the Toyota is too. And Audi don't have an MPV for the VW to be benchmarked against.

Many reviews put the 3rd row as a little wanting more in legroom, and shoulder-room. The 2nd row individual seats don't look that comfortable to me too.......

For once, I agreed with you.

The 2nd row seat feel abit like those commercial van/ mini bus. The 3rd row is not bad. It is the standard for mid size MPV. Basically I rate it as 5+2 seater. I won't drive to Cameron Highland with 7 adults in it !!!

The pros about Sharan is the gadgets that VW bundled in.

- Reverse Camera

- Glass roof

- Xenon headlights

- Electrical sliding door and tail gate.

- Window blinds

- 200hp, 6-gear DSG

Anyway, the market segment for mid size MPV is quite small, I don't think VW expects to sell more than 10 per month.

If you really need a MPV that can carry so many people in comfort, then VW Transporter is the way to go.

Saw one registered as a pte plate always parked at GWC west tower CP . Reckon it's belonging to VW Singapore office.

take at a look at the R class if u can stretch ur budget more.. interior and performance sure win all

TS camry not enough space meh?

Tio bo? A Mercedes R class easily costs $290K. You called that stretch budget, it is around $100K different, your pocket must be very deep & elastic.

I wonder what car you are driving now? I hope it not a Korean 1.6L.

Edited by Wizzercool

If you really need a MPV that can carry so many people in comfort, then VW Transporter is the way to go.

Saw one registered as a pte plate always parked at GWC west tower CP . Reckon it's belonging to VW Singapore office.

Sharan is for people who need 5+2 seats and the fun of driving. The "+2 seats" is for kids and short distance trips. It's closest competitor is Honda Odysey.

On paper, 6-DSG, 200hp and 8.3s (0-100km) is going to be fun to drive.

I have a question for all... take a good look at the SHARAN.... does it look like a very very BLOATED GOLF... And it looked really ugly.... you want to buy an MPV... means you want space and comfort... IMO would have bought a ALPHARD... OR a ESTIMA.... I might even buy a Citroen GP... just think that SHARAN is just not worth it!!!!

↡ Advertisement