Volkswagen Sharan..

VellfireS

Sorry to side-track, I have proceeded to book a 2015 Alphard for my upcoming Kansai Trip.

To clarify, after watching numerous youtube videos, the last row confirm could be collapsed upward for stowage, as well as slided to-and-fro along the rail on the floor to adjust for space in the boot. Really clever design as normally those collapsed upward type can't do sliding.

And who knows, I might be replacing my current ride with this if the experience pan out well. I have been really impressed by the interior design and luxurious feel of this car, too bad I would not be getting the luxury lounge version even if proceed to buy as abit too ex and I prefer an 8-seater. And there would be the PI angle that I have to grapple with. Ok one baby step at a time.

Yup. The Alphard has those features. But despite my like for the various bits of the car, I could not live with that front nose and overall shape of the car.

By the way, Borneo Motors should be selling Alphard too. My first time driving it was during a test drive there.

VW has added 7 speed DSG to it top of line Sharan (184ps / 380Nm 2.0TDI 4Motion) in Germany. This DSG gearbox should be the same wet clutch unit found in the new Skoda Kodiaq 7 seater SUV. If proven reliabe, it might be the replacement for the 6 speed DSG come 2018 /19, which is not too far away actually.

• Praise 6

Yup. The Alphard has those features. But despite my like for the various bits of the car, I could not live with that front nose and overall shape of the car.

By the way, Borneo Motors should be selling Alphard too. My first time driving it was during a test drive there.

I think BM also aware that Alphard front nose is abit controversial, thus it also selling Vellfire which has a more conventional front nose, with identical interior design.

And believe me, after you have had Sharan for awhile, you will come to accept Alphard as appealing given the similar dimension. I mean how much can you do with design when you want a big car that can fetch so many people in comfort. And actually the new Alphard/Vellfire is just a little bit bigger than Sharan.

VW has added 7 speed DSG to it top of line Sharan (184ps / 380Nm 2.0TDI 4Motion) in Germany. This DSG gearbox should be the same wet clutch unit found in the new Skoda Kodiaq 7 seater SUV. If proven reliabe, it might be the replacement for the 6 speed DSG come 2018 /19, which is not too far away actually.

This is good but not deal breaker as current 6 speed wet DSG is a proven old tech which has been very reliable. Who knows if this new 7 speed DSG would be as reliable?

For those that have collected your F/L Sharan, care to share the driving experience so far? And what is the exact OMV declared by VW? Thanks.

• Praise 6

For those that have collected your F/L Sharan, care to share the driving experience so far? And what is the exact OMV declared by VW? Thanks.

OMV $34321. Heavy car but responsive.

Hi bro Carbon82,

Congrats on securing the coe for your Sharan. Enjoy your ride when you take ownership of it.

sharan tsi and sharan tsi eqp different? seem specification the same

Everything the same except the OMV, 18" wheel & GPS. Price difference $20k.

Go for non EQP. This car come with Apple play so google map is anytime better than the GPS.

18" rim just change from outside less than $3k.

Everything the same except the OMV, 18" wheel & GPS. Price difference $20k.

Go for non EQP. This car come with Apple play so google map is anytime better than the GPS.

18" rim just change from outside less than $3k.

As I am a non-Apple phone user, I am trying to sideload Android Auto and VW Car-net (as well as a bunch of other VW apps). I hope they work with the local Sharan.

Although the brochures state that the Sharan's Media player can connect to it, I think the official app (from Google Play Store) is not yet available for Singapore.

Recently just got the new Sharan. Somehow after few days of driving, 2 of the 2nd row seat cannot glide front and back. Any Brothers encounter this issue?

Recently just got the new Sharan. Somehow after few days of driving, 2 of the 2nd row seat cannot glide front and back. Any Brothers encounter this issue?

Never encounter but is it due to your 3 row car mat not properly placed?

Not on my Sharan but on my other vehicle. The seats could not glide back but kept falling into lock position when pulled back. Brought back to AD and was fixed after replacing some faulty parts. Bring it back to VW and get them to look into it.

hi Sharan owners, just wondering if you have solar film installed on the sunroof too? Is this from the AD?

Anyone bought any accessories? Am interested in getting the boot liner.

hi Sharan owners, just wondering if you have solar film installed on the sunroof too? Is this from the AD?

Don't think solar film is installed on sunroof. Not for Touran also
  • Praise 1

I had my SE install a heavy tinted solar film on the sunroof as the sun shade is quite useless. The solar film cuts off most of the UV thus reducing the heat substantially even when the shade is not closed.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3