Volkswagen Sharan..

VellfireS

I agreed that Black Oak Brown goes better with Passat than Sharan (my mum did say that the colour make my new car look not that new). In fact, our choice combination is Crimson Red Metallic with Corn Silk Beige, but was told Crimson Red (which is a more costly colour option in Europe than Brown Metallic) would not be available for Singapore bound Sharan till Q2 this year...

Erster-Test-volkswagen-sharan-awr-mab-17

BTW, a quick update on my FC. 4th refuel at 11.9Km/L (50% highway), and 5th refuel at 12.8Km/L (70% highway with 30min jam on causeway). Average till date is about 12.1Km/L, which is same as what shown on the meter. I am very happy with what I am getting for this full size MPV. I will share some tips / features of this car next round (let me sort out a list first). Stay tuned. [:)]

2cfd1lx.jpg

The 18" rims are nice! The fuel consumption looks not bad at all!
↡ Advertisement

That's pretty long for a normal car. No existing stock for a silver sharan?

Think there was but black interior

Carbon82 bought earlier batch, yours is the next batch as my friend also booked a black one in Dec n told to wait till end of March like u, congrats n happy waiting!

Thank!

Sorry, don't have points to praise you but thumbs up to you.

My other option was oryx white but was told additional $3k which I felt wasn't worth it so eventually settled on Reflex silver.

Btw,how long did you had to wait before collecting the car? I booked mine on Dec 12 and only expected to collect the car Mar/Apr which seems to be an eternity away haha

My SE told me Oryx White not available at all...anw, don't think it's worth paying $3k more.

I booked end Nov and car supposed to arrive end Feb/Mar. They don't seem to order a lot of this model per batch.

My SE told me Oryx White not available at all...anw, don't think it's worth paying $3k more.

I booked end Nov and car supposed to arrive end Feb/Mar. They don't seem to order a lot of this model per batch.

Congrats! too. Hope you get yours soon.

seems like the Sharan is getting more popular again...prefer this over the Odyssey tbh...

was always thinking what if i were in a rear-end accident...m occupants in the Ottoman seats...will they slide under the seat belt and be seriously injured??

Sharan seating configuration sounds more practical

BTW, a quick update on my FC. 4th refuel at 11.9Km/L (50% highway), and 5th refuel at 12.8Km/L (70% highway with 30min jam on causeway). Average till date is about 12.1Km/L, which is same as what shown on the meter. I am very happy with what I am getting for this full size MPV. I will share some tips / features of this car next round (let me sort out a list first). Stay tuned. [:)]

After my 5th refuel... my FC finally went up... to 8.5km/l (mostly peak hour travel, 50% highway)

This is about the same as my Passat, so I am quite happy.

Have you considered changing any of the bulbs in the car?

I already purchased most of the LEDs for the interior, but I think I will wait until I cannot stand the existing "dim" yellow lights. (my Passat was entirely 5K LED)

I definitely have to change the puddle lamp under the wing mirrors; I had really bright ones on the Passat, and very used to being able to see the floor around the car in the dark, especially in some poorly lit car parks. The next to go are the cornering lights...but not sure what to get...LED or standard with "white" colour.

I just like a uniform colour inside and out. :)

ohh.. I change to 19" as I find 17" too small for such a huge car.

Can I check for 19" rim, the tyre profiles should be 245/40 R19 ?

What are your offset ?

Was planning to change when car arrived.

Thanks

I booked a black Sharan before Christmas in 2016 and was told it will arrive end of March 2017.

Can I check for 19" rim, the tyre profiles should be 245/40 R19 ?

What are your offset ?

Was planning to change when car arrived.

Thanks

I booked a black Sharan before Christmas in 2016 and was told it will arrive end of March 2017.

Yes, 245/40 R19 8.5width ET40 on Dunlop SP SportMaxx GT.

post-153555-0-35220000-1485486863_thumb.jpg

What pressure do you pump the tyres to?

On my previous 235/40R18 for my Passat, I typically pump about 275 to 280 kpa.

I only just realised that the stocky Sharan tyres has a pressure of at least 300kpa.

So for lower profile, does that mean you pump 320/330?

Yes, 245/40 R19 8.5width ET40 on Dunlop SP SportMaxx GT.

attachicon.gifIMG_1726.jpg

Thanks and btw, nice set of rims.

Are you able to share after the upsize to 19" how much did it affect your fuel consumption compare to stock setup of 17" or 18"?

Maybe like 10km/l to 9km/l ? Or you change it straight after collection then you wouldn't know. [laugh]

After my 5th refuel... my FC finally went up... to 8.5km/l (mostly peak hour travel, 50% highway)

This is about the same as my Passat, so I am quite happy.

Have you considered changing any of the bulbs in the car?

I already purchased most of the LEDs for the interior, but I think I will wait until I cannot stand the existing "dim" yellow lights. (my Passat was entirely 5K LED)

I definitely have to change the puddle lamp under the wing mirrors; I had really bright ones on the Passat, and very used to being able to see the floor around the car in the dark, especially in some poorly lit car parks. The next to go are the cornering lights...but not sure what to get...LED or standard with "white" colour.

I just like a uniform colour inside and out. :)

FC depends very much on traffic conditions. Mine so far hovering between 11 - 12Km/L. OK, I experience slow traffic (in evening) but not really a lot of jam (except on causeway).

I am now still ok with the bulb, but do find it quite dim at times. I have OCD, and if I were to really change the bulbs, I will have to make sure there look uniform throughout, so... ... hold first. hehehe.

I only just realised that the stocky Sharan tyres has a pressure of at least 300kpa.

I maintained mine at 300Kpa (both front and rear). I already find it a little too hard for comfort, and might goes down to 280 eventually. BTW, if you are going for larger rim, I think 300 is still doable, don't think need to max out to 330. Other MPVs seems to have pressure of just 300 or less.

• Praise 8

Mine at 280kpa. Agree with Carbon82, 300 to 330 too hard for my liking.

Thanks and btw, nice set of rims.

Are you able to share after the upsize to 19" how much did it affect your fuel consumption compare to stock setup of 17" or 18"?

Maybe like 10km/l to 9km/l ? Or you change it straight after collection then you wouldn't know. [laugh]

I used to get about 8 to 8.2km/l, now getting 7.5 to 7.8km/l. I guess the wider traction do cause some drop in FC. I'm sure the F/L Sharan being better in fuel efficiency will get better FC than mine.

With the lower profile tyre, wider traction and slightly more agressive offset, the car is more stable during cornering. I tried negotiating the bend at CTE tunnel Havelock exit at almost 80km/h with no sign of losing traction which I'm very satisfied with. Of course at the expense of FC and comfort. The ride is stiffer, road bumps can be felt more. That's fine with me as I've expected it. I started with a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport thinking I want the best out of it but the tyre noise really too much to handle so I change it to the current Dunlop SportsMaxx GT, feel much better.

Do take note of the weight and max. load of the rim. This is a heavy car, the rim must be able to handle the weight at the same time not too heavy (preferably below 10kg/rim) as added unsprung weight will slow you down and FC will suffer even more. Mine is about 9.7kg with max load of 750kg.

Hope the info helps. Happy CNY!

Hi all,

I'm currently driving with stock 17" rim with tire pressure at 250. Is it too low? My average fc is abt 7.8km/L

Kindly advice should I increase my tire pressure? Tks in advance.

Hi all,

I'm currently driving with stock 17" rim with tire pressure at 250. Is it too low? My average fc is abt 7.8km/L

Kindly advice should I increase my tire pressure? Tks in advance.

Better to go with recommended pressure of 280 - 300KPa. 250 might be a little on the low side for such a heavy MPV.

• Praise 5

Better to go with recommended pressure of 280 - 300KPa. 250 might be a little on the low side for such a heavy MPV.

Tks bro. No wonder my ride since to be too draggy. Lack of power at times

I used to get about 8 to 8.2km/l, now getting 7.5 to 7.8km/l. I guess the wider traction do cause some drop in FC. I'm sure the F/L Sharan being better in fuel efficiency will get better FC than mine.

With the lower profile tyre, wider traction and slightly more agressive offset, the car is more stable during cornering. I tried negotiating the bend at CTE tunnel Havelock exit at almost 80km/h with no sign of losing traction which I'm very satisfied with. Of course at the expense of FC and comfort. The ride is stiffer, road bumps can be felt more. That's fine with me as I've expected it. I started with a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport thinking I want the best out of it but the tyre noise really too much to handle so I change it to the current Dunlop SportsMaxx GT, feel much better.

Do take note of the weight and max. load of the rim. This is a heavy car, the rim must be able to handle the weight at the same time not too heavy (preferably below 10kg/rim) as added unsprung weight will slow you down and FC will suffer even more. Mine is about 9.7kg with max load of 750kg.

Hope the info helps. Happy CNY!

Thank you very much. it really helpful. Currently on Michelin PSS with profile 245/40 R18 (2nd set) and almost reaching the indicator for change. Hopefully can last until my Sharan arrived (Tyre shop told me Ok). I am ok with the noise level of PSS and would love to stick to PSS .

I can't find weight of sharan on the technical data of VW. Google and found Kerb weight to be around 1700kg.

So rim max load should be above ( 1700kg /4 =) 475kg.

Thanks and happy "Ren" Day of CNY.

↡ Advertisement