Volkswagen Sharan..

VellfireS

Brakes and tires classified under wear and tear.

A tad difficult to claim warranty

What I meant was anything wrong with the installation of the new brake rotors
↡ Advertisement

Hi, I have been using Android Auto on the VW without problems but recently it suddenly doesn't work. Th error message was: Communication error 8 - The car software did not pass the safety control of Android Auto. Check the car  date and time and Google Play Service update (something like that..)

Any advice anyone?

• Praise 1

Hi, I have been using Android Auto on the VW without problems but recently it suddenly doesn't work. Th error message was: Communication error 8 - The car software did not pass the safety control of Android Auto. Check the car date and time and Google Play Service update (something like that..)

Any advice anyone?

Based on google search, you should check if the car's date and time has been set correctly (perhaps it may have been accidently changed or reset), or you can try to install the latest version of AA which should be 3.7.584044. Also, does it work with another phone? Could be a problem with your phone.

Hi, I have been using Android Auto on the VW without problems but recently it suddenly doesn't work. Th error message was: Communication error 8 - The car software did not pass the safety control of Android Auto. Check the car  date and time and Google Play Service update (something like that..)

Any advice anyone?

I had same issue 1 month ago. could not fix it even after SE advise reinstall AA using latest patch. I bringing it down to VW to check out this issue on Friday. 

• Praise 1

@keithlbc, was VW able to fix Android Auto? I'm in Australia now using my mobile on a rental car and the Android Auto works fine!

Spend 6hrs to check n issued with a service report that says no connection to andriod auto. was told to get a iphone if want to use car app. I wonder if this will to happen to apple car play users, the complains w b stronger? 

Spend 6hrs to check n issued with a service report that says no connection to andriod auto. was told to get a iphone if want to use car app. I wonder if this will to happen to apple car play users, the complains w b stronger?

Thanks for sharing. Must be a VW problem because my rental car was not a VW and AA works fine with my mobile.

Final bill came up to $700+ after 10% discount on parts and labour was $150. All things considered i think it was quite reasonable. Anything wrong can go back claim warranty.

$150 labour? haha

that's labour and a pair of pads for Japanese cars outside..

Thanks for sharing. Must be a VW problem because my rental car was not a VW and AA works fine with my mobile.

Just to update, decided to try Android Auto again today and strangely it works now (without me doing anything different).

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Guys please pm Yokechye or myself and join our group. No obligation even if you are still in the decision stage. Some of us have met SE's that can give more freebies. Suffice to say, those who didn't know were a little unhappy after signing on the dotted line.

Hi Synthez/Yokechye

I am almost going to buy Sharan. Can I please be added to the chat group? Much appreciated, thanks.

• Praise 1

Hi. Am looking to get Sharan. Can anyone recommend a good SE please? TiA.

We are a lot more active on Telegram chat app. Please post in the forum if you wanna join and one of the admin will get back to you.

• Praise 2

Said bye bye to my Sharan and decided to move on. Shall cherish all the fond memories my family has and did I regretted it for having one, no. It's great MPV and a reliable one.

post-25943-0-65198300-1548483797_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5