VellfireS

52 minutes ago, Bleah85 said:

hello 🙂

Can please add me to the telegram group 🙂

thank you

I will send u a PM

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hello everyone, just bought Sharan a few months. Would like to learn more abt the car. Can add me in Telegram chat grp, please! 

On 7/23/2020 at 3:46 PM, lamathan said:

Hello everyone, just bought Sharan a few months. Would like to learn more abt the car. Can add me in Telegram chat grp, please! 

Congrats! I supposed yours is 2020 version? I sending you a PM

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, yokechye said:

Congrats! I supposed yours is 2020 version? I sending you a PM

Sry, didn't state clearly. Mine was from Mar-2017. 

Seriously there are too many posts in this thread is asking for link to join Telegram interest group. Nothing against but do not do it so blatantly lah. At least learn how to do PM to Yokechye discretely. This kind of traffic is really putting the mods in dilemma - ban no good for forum not ban also no good for forum.

I would likely have done it also if I am Sharan owner if I can take the constant buzzing, if it is really active and full of good morning bros good evening bros kind of messages, but I will PM Yokechye instead out of respect to MCF.

• Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Seriously there are too many posts in this thread is asking for link to join Telegram interest group. Nothing against but do not do it so blatantly lah. At least learn how to do PM to Yokechye discretely. This kind of traffic is really putting the mods in dilemma - ban no good for forum not ban also no good for forum.

I would likely have done it also if I am Sharan owner if I can take the constant buzzing, if it is really active and full of good morning bros good evening bros kind of messages, but I will PM Yokechye instead out of respect to MCF.

I think some of them can't PM cos new member. I get too many messages till I get abit confused already😅 

If anyone read this message, if you can't PM, please visit our Facebook group and send a PM to any of the Admins.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VWTouranSharanClubSG/?ref=share

Interested to get a used Sharan 2.0. 

any folks here know if cars from 2016 comes with CarPlay?

Anyone did Stage 1?

• Haha! 1

On 7/27/2020 at 1:47 PM, Hummer said:

any folks here know if cars from 2016 comes with Car Play?

There are 2 variant of Sharan available in 2016, in fact there might be 3.

Early 2016 Pre-facelift (SG version): No CarPlay

Feb - Jul 2016 Pre-facelift (MY version): No CarPlay

Sep 2016 onward Facelift: CarPlay and Android Auto come standard. 

LhZ3OP1.jpg

The photo is taken from my car, which is the 2nd batch (Nov 2016 shipment) of facelift model. 

• Praise 9

Any new Sharan onwer is looking to sell / trade-in your 18" Toulon rim (preferably with original RFT)? Do pm me if you are keen. Thanks. [:)]

7n0601025f16z-1.jpg

BTW, recorded this amazing mileage range on the meter recently and mind you, the photo was taken after I had travelled 140Km after filling up full tank! So it has an effective range of up to 1,250Km...

rWOVCSd.jpg

• Praise 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Any new Sharan onwer is looking to sell / trade-in your 18" Toulon rim (preferably with original RFT)? Do pm me if you are keen. Thanks. [:)]

7n0601025f16z-1.jpg

BTW, recorded this amazing mileage range on the meter recently and mind you, the photo was taken after I had travelled 140Km after filling up full tank! So it has an effective range of up to 1,250Km...

rWOVCSd.jpg

How is this possible? Did you overfill?

The tank is 70l so this would mean FC of 17.5? What’s the FC you are getting these days?

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

7n0601025f16z-1.jpg

rWOVCSd.jpg

dunno how you achieve such good mileage...i get 6-7km/l on the 7n1 and 7-8 km/l on the 7n2 😅

btw can expect to pay above 1k if you manage to find those new rims with the original self sealing tyres from the 2020 fl sharans 

good luck in your hunt!

👍😅

13 hours ago, Hummer said:

How is this possible? Did you overfill?

The tank is 70l so this would mean FC of 17.5? What’s the FC you are getting these days?

For this particular refill, I fill it up to the brim, so yah, should be >70L. After refilling, I made these few trips before taking the above range photo:

• ~10Km @16Km/L (90% highway)
  • ~60Km @17Km/L (90% highway)
  • ~65Km @18Km/L (90% highway)
  • ~15Km @19.5Km/L (90% highway)

So overall average for the 150Km travelled is ~17.58Km/L, which is inline with the estimated range shown on the meter. OK, I would say this is rare to come by (not my daily mileage), as the road is pretty empty, thus I am able to take full advantage of the coasting function (which is like letting the car roll forward with empty gear). The last time I had such out of the world mileage was when I have to travel to Malaysia for work, where I can clock 950 - 1,050Km before refilling.

11 hours ago, Enye said:

dunno how you achieve such good mileage...i get 6-7km/l on the 7n1 and 7-8 km/l on the 7n2 😅

btw can expect to pay above 1k if you manage to find those new rims with the original self sealing tyres from the 2020 fl sharans 

good luck in your hunt!

👍😅

Wah boss, you change your Sharan to the F/L one? When was that? Really difficult to find a replacement for our ride.

The good FC can be attributed to the coasting as well as start-stop function (the former is of greater use to me as I spend ~70% on highway). And I mentioned a few times here that I like to drive with sunroof open while enjoying the morning breeze, so that also help to save some petrol indirectly.

For the 18" rim, I missed a good deal a few months back. The seller was asking for slightly below $1K, but as my tyres are not due for change, I did not proceed. :a-bang: :a-bang:

Anyway, I have done my homework, and is ready to commit once the price is right. I know the market rate (including trade-in price offered by tyre shop) so will not be asking for unreasonable pricing. [:)]

• Praise 7

Looks like the EA888.3 is quite a bit better than the Gen 2 in terms of FC at low loads highway cruising. But i guess it should be somehow better in city driving too.

Good stuff.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Wah boss, you change your Sharan to the F/L one? When was that? Really difficult to find a replacement for our ride.

The good FC can be attributed to the coasting as well as start-stop function (the former is of greater use to me as I spend ~70% on highway). And I mentioned a few times here that I like to drive with sunroof open while enjoying the morning breeze, so that also help to save some petrol indirectly.

For the 18" rim, I missed a good deal a few months back. The seller was asking for slightly below $1K, but as my tyres are not due for change, I did not proceed. :a-bang: :a-bang:

Anyway, I have done my homework, and is ready to commit once the price is right. I know the market rate (including trade-in price offered by tyre shop) so will not be asking for unreasonable pricing. [:)]

boss...mid this year.  more features in the 2020 fl, more powerful engine and enticing new car price plus 5 year warranty... mai tu liao since my almost 6 yo 7n1 was due to replace a few major wear and tear items and renewal of road tax and insurance 😅

i traded in those original 18” rims when i kerbed one badly after a few weeks of driving but reused the original self sealing p7s.  they have more street value than the rims in my view.  so i have an approximate idea what kind of trade value a set of those take off rims and tyres would be.  under 1k would be a fantastic deal if can find

already happy with 8km/l on the fl. not much highway travelling for me 

😬

• Praise 1

On 7/27/2020 at 1:47 PM, Hummer said:

any folks here know if cars from 2016 comes with CarPlay?

Anyone did Stage 1?

Some use JB4 to keep warranty intact for stage 0.5 

I badge whore as some will say but who cares... :D :D

sELBEig.jpg

First impressions of P7, very quiet (as compared to my previous set of GY Efficientgrip ROF, even when new) and comfortable (as well cushioned as the 17" tyre). [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11