Volkswagen Sharan..

VellfireS

Talks are cheap.

I'd rather top up a bit more to get the Maserati Quattroporte. Or if I were in the Junior Executive segment- 3-Series and C-Class, I'd rather drive around in the Hyundai Grandeur 5G! Seriously, I'll ask KMC to special indent for me, if Hyundai Korea made the RHD version.

I also like the underdog.. non-mass market appeal of skoda

Chances are pple are not going to hijack ur car coz not sure if got resale market haha

I also like the underdog.. non-mass market appeal of skoda

Chances are pple are not going to hijack ur car coz not sure if got resale market haha

Most likely, those hijackers wouldn't even know what car they're gonna hijack!!!

But usually, such cars have rather poor resale values, since demand for them is low. No one will have the guarantee of selling it away, should that time come.

But with aggressive promotions [including high overtrades and huge financial discounts] from BMW and Mercedes-Benz [be it high or low COE prices], it's getting really hard for these 'budget-continental cars' to compete with the 2 main German marque. Even Audi is struggling.

So I guess people either stay with the Japanese, and blend into the mainstream, or pay a little bit more and get the German equivalent.

It's also not helped by Parallel Importers pricing these BMW and Merc much lower than the official distributor.

For example: Toyota Camry 2.4L@$146,388 [bM]

BMW 523i Base PI@$205,000

BMW 523i Base PML@$239,800 [there's an overtrade promo now I think].....

How's a Skoda Superb 1.8Elegance@$153,900, or the 2.0Elegance at $165,900, or the VW Passat 1.8TSI@$167,800 gonna compete?

Should I save $20k and get myself a Camry, or top up $40k to get a PI 523i Base?

Right! Get the PI 523i BAse then!!!!

Edited by Proton_neutron

Yah.. think the FD (Flying Dutchman) is driving the 2.0 superb combi..white somemore ;)

Think is a SG mindset la.. and VW is smart in their branding and prdt positioning.. the Jetta is really giving the Corolla/Civic a run for their money man..inspite of it being made in Africa/Mexico :p

Just need to price ard the same.. say they got much more equip and is a conti car w lotsa equipment.. bang.. lotsa sales

But skoda Octavia also value for money and prob has more equipment (when 1st launched) but branding poor.. so cannot persuade the skeptical SG mass market.. lose :p

Yah.. think the FD (Flying Dutchman) is driving the 2.0 superb combi..white somemore ;)

Think is a SG mindset la.. and VW is smart in their branding and prdt positioning.. the Jetta is really giving the Corolla/Civic a run for their money man..inspite of it being made in Africa/Mexico :p

Just need to price ard the same.. say they got much more equip and is a conti car w lotsa equipment.. bang.. lotsa sales

But skoda Octavia also value for money and prob has more equipment (when 1st launched) but branding poor.. so cannot persuade the skeptical SG mass market.. lose :p

Well, the Jetta ain't selling as well or as hot as the Elantra that's for sure!

Many have been pretty disappointed with the decline in build quality of the new Jetta to help keep cost down.

There's no denial that the Jetta has really grown in size though, almost matching the exterior size of the Passat on the outside, and personally, I actually think both the Jetta and Passat are on par with the interior space!!!

Base Jetta starts from $113,800 [not sure if there's any other discounts].

Btw, what is your current ride, and what is your current top-of-the-list model you are looking at?

I am driving a Camry 2.4. It is a "bread & butter" car.

I love to have a 525 but in reality I could only afford a Sharan, a Peugeot 508 or a Passat. I have long given up hope of owning a BWM, Merc or Audi.

Have evaluated and dropped Skoda Superb, Renault Lattitude, Opel insignia, C5 and K5.

• Praise 1

I am driving a Camry 2.4. It is a "bread & butter" car.

I love to have a 525 but in reality I could only afford a Sharan, a Peugeot 508 or a Passat. I have long given up hope of owning a BWM, Merc or Audi.

Have evaluated and dropped Skoda Superb, Renault Lattitude, Opel insignia, C5 and K5.

How to compare the MPV Sharan with the other executive sedans???

What a strange comparison.....

You can consider used buys as well.

Neutral Newbie

Japanese car are already losing a fair bit of market share to conti cars. Look at the sales figures for this year, you can tell. Mercs, BMWs, Audi and VW are climbing up the charts as compared to a few years ago.

Japanese car are already losing a fair bit of market share to conti cars. Look at the sales figures for this year, you can tell. Mercs, BMWs, Audi and VW are climbing up the charts as compared to a few years ago.

this is also mainly attributed to the high coe premiums,, if the coe prices are low,, i'm sure the jap brands will still be flying high..