Fender bender at junction of McCallum St & Robinson Rd

Slowpoke

Ouch. I hope Altis driver was all right since the side being hit was the right side.

Trajet should have slowed and and filtered into left lane instead of forcing it's way forward.

↡ Advertisement

Trajet 100% at fault, going straight on a "NO going straight n only for turning right" lane.

No need to argue with TS vid.

50%-50% is only when Altis dun have a witness.

Serious question -

would a witness be needed? isn't it obvious from where the vehicles ended up that the Tragedy is at fault?

But the video clip also show altis did not slow down and speed up to negotiate the bend..... abit tricky to fight such cases and depending on the impact of the damage... Its not as if the trajet encroach onto the lane of the altis... curious to know the outcome for such cases...

But the video clip also show altis did not slow down and speed up to negotiate the bend..... abit tricky to fight such cases and depending on the impact of the damage... Its not as if the trajet encroach onto the lane of the altis... curious to know the outcome for such cases...

Yeah he did - he's supposed to turn into the lane nearest to him - he didn't do that, as the postion of the vehicles is going to pretty clearly show.

Serious question -

would a witness be needed? isn't it obvious from where the vehicles ended up that the Tragedy is at fault?

Precisely! The Trajet went straight on a turning lane and is definitely 100% at fault. No ifs or buts. No way it is 50-50. I wonder how some people can see their world through such tinted lens????

Next we will have people arguing that a car swerving into the opposite lane cos it was blocked by a bus is absolutely entitled to do so ...... Cos blocked by bus mah, need to move so go against traffice lor.......

I am astounded by some of the comments here. :blink: Amazing.

Darryn, how you wish driving here is like NZ right?

:D

Edited by Piyopico

Precisely! The Trajet went straight on a turning lane and is definitely 100% at fault. No ifs or buts. No way it is 50-50. I wonder how some people can see their world through such tinted lens????

Next we will have people arguing that a car swerving into the opposite lane cos it was blocked by a bus is absolutely entitled to do so ...... Cos blocked by bus mah, need to move so go against traffice lor.......

Complex answer to a simple question....

Yes and no.

Driving back home far more dangerous. You have dual carriage ways, and if you have two people speed coming towards each other the closing speed is abt 300 km/h - and they pass each other about 2 m apart, so it doesn't take much to go wrong to have an accident. ALso with all the bends and stuff the roads are much narrower - imagine Cameron highlands (old road) everywhere you go - that's the sort of road I learnt to drive on.

But is is much much more fun than here, and although you get a------es (as you do everywhere) I don't remember that same sort of entitlement or "it's my road" that I see here - although there are still a lot of drivers that shouldn't be on the road.

Once again, many would agree that whether or not the altis slowed down at the turning lane is irrelevant. What is fast to you may be normal speed to another car.

If the target has stayed in his inner turning lane, he would not have knocked into any car even if the car beside him turned at 100km/hr. The problem is not only did he not stayed in lane, he went straight ahead. He also failed to notice the lane beside him is a turning lane. You do not pull such a stunt unless you are absolutely sure there are no cars beside you. 50-50?

I do remember one thread a while back - one guy tried to do what the Tragedy did, had an accident then tried to suggest that the Altis should have checked blind spot first......but I cannot find the link now...

That sounds like fun!

I absolutely enjoyed myself on the great ocean road....... My passenger though had a white face most of the time.

I once picked up some hitch hickers and they said the drive was "more fun than bungy jumping"

I once drove from Chiristchurch Airport to Duvauchelles in 30+ minutes, my average speed was 103 km/h - including through 50km/h areas, and over a hill.

The road was totally deserted (I saw four cars on the trip) as it was between 7 and 8 am on Christmas morning.....

Neutral Newbie

Starting of the clip, you can see the altis signaling right before the trajet. Then you see the trajet speeding up.

At 0:10 the arrows on the road says go straight and turn right. There is no wrong with the Altis. The trajet probably was too concentrated with his side mirror to 'squeeze' through after the altis.

i do hope the TS did offer assistance to the Altis for a clear settlement. no 1 likes to get into accidents, i think its not a matter of who's at fault but the hassle of going to the relevant places to lodge a report and waste precious time in doing so. (and it sucks even more when the other party starts to give false statements and becomes a long winded settlement.)

All dun wanna give way~~~KABOOMM!

Wanna change lane, signal early, check surrounding, check blindspot, speed up or slow down accordingly to change lane.

A lot of time by observing the cars driving near you, you can easily tell whether they are accident prone or gracious driver.

Be patient when on the road, you can prevent a lot of accidents. If car infront of me signal, and part of it trying to cut my lane, i will slow down let them cut infront of me. How much time I can waste just by giving way to a few cars? I dun even bother to horn them. If so rush for time, in the first place should wake up early and drive to work earlier so more time to plan.

Serious question -

Witness is needed in Singapore, cos 99% of the time, the person at fault will be an a$$ and lie.

Earlier this year, I witnessed an accident, stopped to give my contact number to the victim and told the idiot driver on the spot that i saw the whole incident and it was his fault.

Even so, guess what, the idiot lied to the insurance company that the victim 'ran a red light' and thus the case is still pending.

Witness is needed in Singapore, cos 99% of the time, the person at fault will be an a$$ and lie.

Earlier this year, I witnessed an accident, stopped to give my contact number to the victim and told the idiot driver on the spot that i saw the whole incident and it was his fault.

Even so, guess what, the idiot lied to the insurance company that the victim 'ran a red light' and thus the case is still pending.

Workshop handle claim also said, even rear ended the other parties also claim against the front car by saying that the front car reversing!!!

Best is have witness, video and picture, if not NCD pending for case to close take years. [knife]

My thinking on the accident - 100% Tragedy fault. But could have been avoided if both drivers a little more aware and a little less "my road" attitude....

Oi! You stole my line. [laugh]

I have a whole lot of these appellations for MPVs (and MPV-like vehicles), e.g.

Hyundai Tragedy.

Honda Idiocy

Kia Careless

Mitsubishi Spaced-out Wagon

Subaru Excreta

Honda Freak

Toyota Retard (aka Toyota All Fart)

etc.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement