Philips or Osram

N00b

Both Philips(est 450hr) and Osram(est 400hr) will have similar lifespan of around 400-450hr.

In term of brightness, the philips xtreme vision 130% are slightly better but Osram Night Breaker Unlimited are slightly whiter, close to 4000k light colour.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Last night just notice one of my car main light bulb blown, am thinking of getting either Philips extreme vision 130% or Osram Night breaker unlimited 110%.

Anyone had tried out both and which brand can last longer? Philips or Osram? Philips is $13 more expensive compare to Osram but i'll go with Philips if it can last much longer compare to Osram, if both similar, i'll go with Osram since it is cheaper.

Both are around the same in terms of colour and performance. Whatever Philips brand will be more ex.

To be honest if you want halogen bulbs to be brighter dan standard ones the life span will be shorter compared to stock bulbs.

Osram is honest when it comes to claims. See the life span on the back of the packaging. LoL...

Osram_Night_Breaker_Unlimited_Info_zps20

Anyway I'm on Osram nightbreaker unlimited now for more dan 1.5 year. It's brighter, covers more distance and whiter dan stock light bulbs. Now is to see how long it can last.

• Praise 3

Both Philips(est 450hr) and Osram(est 400hr) will have similar lifespan of around 400-450hr.

In term of brightness, the philips xtreme vision 130% are slightly better but Osram Night Breaker Unlimited are slightly whiter, close to 4000k light colour.

Ok, will come down this weekend and then decide which one to get. Thank

• Praise 1

my stock light last till now (over 9.5 yrs) . Never change before [:)]

Both are around the same in terms of colour and performance. Whatever Philips brand will be more ex.

To be honest if you want halogen bulbs to be brighter dan standard ones the life span will be shorter compared to stock bulbs.

Osram is honest when it comes to claims. See the life span on the back of the packaging. LoL...

Osram_Night_Breaker_Unlimited_Info_zps20

Anyway I'm on Osram nightbreaker unlimited now for more dan 1.5 year. It's brighter, covers more distance and whiter dan stock light bulbs. Now is to see how long it can last.

• Praise 2

my stock light last till now (over 9.5 yrs) . Never change before [:)]

Stock bulbs last the longest but not as bright as performance bulbs, bulb life traded for brightness.

Edited by Trex101
  • Praise 1

Hi Trex,

The night breaker unlimited is actually how many K colour.

Right headlight blown few days ago so quickly go buy replacement bulbs - a pair of Philips X-treme Vision +130% H7. DIY replacement - not easy because work space was tight.  It's super duper uber bright and I am loving it. 

Hi Trex,

I saw your website. Im using H11. However only osram have H11. You dont bring in H11 for Philips? Will you consider bringing more ranges for H11 in near future? Thanks.  Im sure it will sell good.

Edited by Divers

Hi Trex,

I saw your website. Im using H11. However only osram have H11. You dont bring in H11 for Philips? Will you consider bringing more ranges for H11 in near future? Thanks.  Im sure it will sell good.

I checked with my supplier and apparently he have Philips WhiteVision H11, not cheap, slightly more expensive compare to Osram NB. Might bring in some in our next order if you are interested.

• Praise 1

I checked with my supplier and apparently he have Philips WhiteVision H11, not cheap, slightly more expensive compare to Osram NB. Might bring in some in our next order if you are interested.

Good to hear that Trex. I'm interested in white Vision or xtreme vision 130%. When will the next shipment arrived ?

Good to hear that Trex. I'm interested in white Vision or xtreme vision 130%. When will the next shipment arrived ?

They only have WhiteVision H11, they didn't carry XtremeVision H11 model. ETA not firm yet but by mid Apr should be here.

They only have WhiteVision H11, they didn't carry XtremeVision H11 model. ETA not firm yet but by mid Apr should be here.

Alright thanks Trex.