Philips or Osram

N00b

currently on philips crystal vision. previously used osram and lasted a few years, still working well at the time the car was sold. buls i think depend on heng suay, hard to say

used crystal vision before, find it very dim

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yrs H4 or H7? How much u pay?

Just make sure ty install properly n never touch the glass part of the bulb.

H4 $65 with a pair of T10

currently on philips crystal vision. previously used osram and lasted a few years, still working well at the time the car was sold. buls i think depend on heng suay, hard to say

guess ultimately luck plays a part as well [rolleyes] , but i am going with probability for a higher chance. lol :D

Neutral Newbie

My last set of Philips Crystal Vision 4300K last almost four years plus and recently bought Philips Diamond Vision 5000K free with Philips T10 blue bulbs 4000k. Halogen Bulb made in Germany and T10 bulb made in France.

IMHO, Philips bulb are built to last and value for money.

• Praise 1

My last set of Philips Crystal Vision 4300K last almost four years plus and recently bought Philips Diamond Vision 5000K free with Philips T10 blue bulbs 4000k. Halogen Bulb made in Germany and T10 bulb made in France.

Yes I agree.

I tried Osram NB. Only lasted a few months. I paid abt $70 per pair even. :angry:

Philips 2 sets I bought lasted much longer than that. [thumbsup]

The higher the colour temperature, the 'dimmer' it is. previously I used 6000K and it was like got light like no light. When I changed to normal halogen bulb, it was so bright like daylight. Now on crystal vision 4300K, find is a good balance, not so bright but at least in dark places, the light beam becomes very obvious.

The new Osram NB + version are designed to last 50% longer than previous NB, est bulb life around 500-800hr, same as Philips XV which is rated to last around 500hr.

Very similar to regular normal bulbs (last 400-500hr) now.

[:p] The NB's I bought from your shop are coming to 1.5yrs liao [:p]

• Praise 1

[:p] The NB's I bought from your shop are coming to 1.5yrs liao [:p]

Oic, your is the NB + version or the older version? mine one side just blown after 2yr in use, just change it to Philips XV, brightness look similar to NB i feel.

Recently where have u brought?

• Praise 1

Oic, your is the NB + version or the older version? mine one side just blown after 2yr in use, just change it to Philips XV, brightness look similar to NB i feel.

hi , may i know how much and where u got it done ? thanks

Older version. Strangely, whenever most people grumble about short bulb lifespans, i seem to get a decent amount (which is about 2 yrs), this was even with the DV's a long time ago which people also complained of having a 6mth lifespan.

I only know nowadays those OSRAM/PHILIPS/PANASONIC etc etc fluorescent tubes/bulbs made in China, Thailand etc etc. Lifespan so short, always must change every few mths unlike last time which can last for years..... [furious]

• Praise 1

hi , urs is extreme vision or extreme power ? How is the brightness and where to get thanks

extreme vision. i got it frm a online seller

Neutral Newbie

New Night Breaker PLUS is actually quite lasting, as compared to the old version (without PLUS).

I have to say most of the Philips and Osram headlight bulbs sold here are actually made in China. Philips ones are very easy to identify. If the packaging is a squarish box with small Chinese & Japanese wordings at the sides, those are the Asia-Pacific packaging and mostly made in China. The packaging itself will still state Made in Germany!

Real Made in Germany stuff comes in oval shape box. Instead of Chinese & Japanese wordings, you will find German/French/Spanish wordings on these European packaging.

• Praise 1