Turbo will void insurance?

Gammaray88

Ignorant in certain areas is not equal to low IQ or stupid. Pls dun judge people base on 1 qn.

I would appreciate if these comments are kept to urself

BTW, one workshop say not sure, another say shdnt be a problem, 3rd one called his insurance lobang and say no prob! and they are suppose to be knowledgable in this area. I hav doubts thats why i wan to clarify.

Whoever told you itz ok is an idiot.

If you believe them, then you are the idiot.

Then again, all of us here could be the idiots .................. so that means itz ok to change your engine from 2.0l to 3.0L, lup a supercharger, install gadgets that detect TP guns etc etc

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Hi friend let me help you

Question:

hi all,

In the event of an insurance claim, if the surveyor go down and see the car has turbo installed (not originally installed), will the insurer void the insurance even if the turbo is not the damage part?

thnx alot!

Answer:

It is not a approved mod how to ask insurance companies?

My pleasure!

Edited by Happily1986

My qn is on the part of surveyor! will the surveyor close one eye since it is not part of the claim!

seems like most people here are very smart! wish u all gd luck in ur life!

Most of us here are not very smart, it's just a small minority of people who are extremely stupid [scholar]

Ignorant in certain areas is not equal to low IQ or stupid. Pls dun judge people base on 1 qn.

BTW, one workshop say not sure, another say shdnt be a problem, 3rd one called his insurance lobang and say no prob! and they are suppose to be knowledgable in this area. I hav doubts thats why i wan to clarify.

Don't so serious. Just poking fun. But your query and subsequent answer very self-pwn.

My qn is on the part of surveyor! will the surveyor close one eye since it is not part of the claim!

call the surveyor?

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Most of us here are not very smart, it's just a small minority of people who are extremely stupid [scholar]

smart or not, stupid or not is not base on 1 qn or 1 area... so myopic... sigh....

I merely pose a qn bcos i hav doubts and the so called not extremely stupid people here start to personal attack..

is it necessary?

Bro pls think about this. If u do an illegal modification to your car, then structurally it is not equipped to handle the extra power. If there is an accident, the other party can claim that your illegally modified car caused the accident by performing beyond its design and manufactured limitations. Also if your insurance decide to void the liability, pls note that you will be liable for third party claims from the other side. Your car may not be worth much but the other side could be a Rolls in which case good luck to you in trying to settle the claim on your own.

I had an approved after market exhaust system installed on my car by the car agent in 2008. They issued me with the exhaust manufacturer certificate which was further endorsed by the car agent. I then had to bring the car to LTA for inspections and photo taking which is kept in their database. I paid $50 for the inspection and was told to leave the LTA stamped certificate in my car at all time thereafter in case I am stopped. All this for an approved exhaust system that increased the car power by a mere 5BHP.

Also I am not sure if you are aware that should your car be involved in an accident where a pedestrian is killed or maimed, your car will be impounded immediately (no time for you to take it to your workshop to take the turbo out) and kept at the police pound where they will check your engine, brakes and other things to determine that your car is in good working order. An illegally installed turbo unit will be kinda hard to hide in this instance no?

Edited by Bullterrier

One thing I can tell you, the smart thing to do would be to call up insurance companies to ask directly and not post a thread here or ask workshops to ask for you. So which is it?

is like calling up the police hotline , i want to rob the bank , but rob which bank will not be caught or may not need to go jail?

if i want to do ur bussiness , i will sure tell u confirm can pass one....no need to worry.....but when things happen , he will tell u another story like " who say so? got meh? "

end of the day , if LTA approved your turbo ( go search on some topic which had post earlier on , you will know more answer) , you might need to spend more than getting a turbo charge car.

if want to mod car, dont scare this and that.

if scare caught or jail , dont mod.

if die die want to mod without getting caught , go play NEED FOR SPEED(GAME)....you can mod and play all kind of cars you want.

Edited by Lanevomax

u so sensitive nobody would like to answer ur questions or make friends with u one.

don't be like that leh.

suan siao u abit only cannot take it must retaliate.

nvm u happy can liao.

smart or not, stupid or not is not base on 1 qn or 1 area... so myopic... sigh....

I merely pose a qn bcos i hav doubts and the so called not extremely stupid people here start to personal attack..

is it necessary?

u already have your doubts mean common sense says turbo no go la.

ask a question akin to: is my father a man or is my mother a woman or is my dog a pet will surely get ppl to suan siao u.

u ask what others think is a stupid question and they reply what u think is a stupid answer.

very suitable for u ma.

why so agitated?

nowadays young men so hot one ah?

cannot tahan abit of poking ah?

Bro pls think about this. If u do an illegal modification to your car, then structurally it is not equipped to handle the extra power. If there is an accident, the other party can claim that your illegally modified car caused the accident by performing beyond its design and manufactured limitations. Also if your insurance decide to void the liability, pls note that you will be liable for third party claims from the other side. Your car may not be worth much but the other side could be a Rolls in which case good luck to you in trying to settle the claim on your own.

I had an approved after market exhaust system installed on my car by the car agent in 2008. They issued me with the exhaust manufacturer certificate which was further endorsed by the car agent. I then had to bring the car to LTA for inspections and photo taking which is kept in their database. I paid $50 for the inspection and was told to leave the LTA stamped certificate in my car at all time thereafter in case I am stopped. All this for an approved exhaust system that increased the car power by a mere 5BHP.

Also I am not sure if you are aware that should your car be involved in an accident where a pedestrian is killed or maimed, your car will be impounded immediately (no time for you to take it to your workshop to take the turbo out) and kept at the police pound where they will check your engine, brakes and other things to determine that your car is in good working order. An illegally installed turbo unit will be kinda hard to hide in this instance no?

respect bro.

only u got so much energy to talk to him and explain despite his angst.

when i was his age i will eat humble pie and smile when I want to learn or know something.

this time all pai kia. demand one!

↡ Advertisement