New 2nd Generation Mercedes B Class

Davidklt

Anyone bought the Lasershades and window visors ?

I need them as my car will be 24/7 unsheltered and want to leave the windows ajar a little.

"Will be" as still waiting for the car. Got my COE though.

I felt my new ride (FL B180) is somewhat bummpy especially at >70km/h, especially along KPE tunnel heading towards sengkang. Any ideas if any thing can be done to the suspension?

I felt my new ride (FL B180) is somewhat bummpy especially at >70km/h, especially along KPE tunnel heading towards sengkang. Any ideas if any thing can be done to the suspension?

Change your rims/Tyres to higher profile ones. Like from 18/225/50 to 17/215/55

Depend on what's your previous ride, German has stiffer shock absorber hence better handling. Try MCE and you know the diff.

I too feel kpe, left lane bumpy.

• Praise 1

1st thing,check your Tires pressure,anyway MOST S'pore road are not smooth nowadays,so many digging here & there...

Depend on what's your previous ride, German has stiffer shock absorber hence better handling. Try MCE and you know the diff.

I too feel kpe, left lane bumpy.

Was driving 7 year old altis previously. Maybe u r right.

1st thing,check your Tires pressure,anyway MOST S'pore road are not smooth nowadays,so many digging here & there...

Tyre pressure is front 270kpa. Back 240kpa. Could this be the cause?

Yeah..only MCE has the smoothest roads now. KPE lane 1 both directions is horribly bumpy.

Was driving 7 year old altis previously. Maybe u r right.

Tyre pressure is front 270kpa. Back 240kpa. Could this be the cause?

Yeah..only MCE has the smoothest roads now. KPE lane 1 both directions is horribly bumpy.

270kpa should be quite high? Think I give my current Altis 220kpa(the default one)

Neutral Newbie

Does the b class comes with Comfort Mode? (i remember only eco, sports and manual mode)

Does the b class comes with Comfort Mode? (i remember only eco, sports and manual mode)?

Yes.

My car coming in approx 2 weeks time. Anyone installed side window visors and Lasershades or similar ? Experiences, feedback ?

Also, without a spare tyre, what is better ? Stay with the run flats (which are noisy and heavy I read) or change to better normal tyres and invest in a tire repair kit and battery operated pump ?

Thanks

• Praise 1

My car coming in approx 2 weeks time. Anyone installed side window visors and Lasershades or similar ? Experiences, feedback ?

Also, without a spare tyre, what is better ? Stay with the run flats (which are noisy and heavy I read) or change to better normal tyres and invest in a tire repair kit and battery operated pump ?

Thanks

We have the identical questions!

Mine will be delivered this week

Congrats. My car will be 24/7 unsheltered thus trying to reduce heat trapped by leaving windows slightly ajar.

Share with u all some bad experience with C&C on my new B180.

My new car got registered this Monday, now after 4 days SE said they still cannot deliver as they need to respray part of the car due to paint issue(said caused by sun and rain). Expected delivery will be next week (10days after registration!)

I am bit angry as it means my brand new car not well taken care of by C&C. Its a brand new mercs and how can they leave it unsheltered!!

My new car got registered this Monday, now after 4 days SE said they still cannot deliver as they need to respray part of the car due to paint issue(said caused by sun and rain). Expected delivery will be next week (10days after registration!)

I am bit angry as it means my brand new car not well taken care of by C&C. Its a brand new mercs and how can they leave it unsheltered!!

This must be excuses la. How can sun and rain cause the damage to the extend need to respray the paint?

Whilst I emphatise with you and understand your frustration, It must be said that at least C&C are honest with you which they could easily cover up and make other excuses for the delay in handing over the car to you. Best you get SE to explain in detail where exactly they respraying and what caused this so at least you have peace of mind.

• Praise 9

Whilst I emphatise with you and understand your frustration, It must be said that at least C&C are honest with you which they could easily cover up and make other excuses for the delay in handing over the car to you. Best you get SE to explain in detail where exactly they respraying and what caused this so at least you have peace of mind.

Thanks for all the advice. My SE explained the paint damage may happen at port when waiting for custom clearance. Any my new car will be delivered at registration day + 9

I complained and in the end they gave me some compensation via boutique vouchers, so I think it can be considered as settled. Thanks all.

• Praise 1

i suggest, if possible, you look at your car physically prior to the paint work.   I friend had similar experience few year back , not Merc - other make, the car was knocked during transporting at sea , so require re-painting work.  Depend on how severe the condition, you can decide how they compensate you.

[;)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1