Is Population Growth a Ponzi Scheme? - Joseph Chamie

EllaEmma

An old article I came across in another forum. My apology if this has been posted before.

The basic pitch of those promoting population growth is straightforward in its appeal: "More is better." Joseph Chamie, who has spent a lifelong career as a demographer, including 12 years of service as the director of the United Nations Population Division, finds that more is not necessarily better.

http://www.theglobalist.com/storyid.aspx?StoryId=8321

Bernie Madoff's recent Ponzi scheme has drifted out of the world

↡ Advertisement

if you subscribe to demography being the key driver of ALL economies, go hv a read on "The great depression ahead" by Harry Dent Jr.

I have about 770 investment and trading books, this one ranks quite highly in my bookshelves.

Good for a different perspective

Edited by Icedbs

It's a game every one plays.

If you don't play now, you will decline faster than those that played. You will end up dead early.

So it may be bad...but since everyone is playing it...it would be foolish not to join in the game.

The one that last the longest will be winner.

The fact is no one knows the future, so long as follow the trend, there is no wrong!

The person who stay of out gold and property speculation may be proven right 20 years down the road.

But the person who played the game, and prospered, and cash out before it crashed, will live proud and tell the story.

Who you rather to be?

We are living in a Ponzi World.

Now we have 7 Billion People on this Earth.

We need 14B to ensure there is wealth created to support the Older people on this Earth by 2050 and 28B by 2100 and so on and so forth.

:ph34r: if there are 14B, world war 3 will be fought over resources like oil and water :ph34r:

Frankly, every country on this Earth is trying to achieve the Equilateral Triangle Population Pyramid.

The only way to retain the 7B is that the Old folks die early.

Once Economics enters into our lives, we are not human but a Number.

↡ Advertisement