Smoker accuses NEA officers of violence

Ahtong

Smoker who littered accuses NEA officers of violence

cigarettegetty_052039.jpg

A smoker caught littering outside a mall on Tuesday complained of violent treatment from officers of the National Environment Agency (NEA).

Sales executive Zhong Wen Cai, in his late 20s, had left his cigarette butt on a stone seat after his smoke break outside Raffles City Shopping Centre when two NEA officers descended on him.

They informed Zhong that he was littering and asked him for his identification card (IC). In response, he picked up the cigarette butt, threw it into a nearby rubbish bin and tried to explain that it was a misunderstanding.

↡ Advertisement

What do you expect when they hired low educated 'officers' and pay them a base salary of 1K plus including $15 commission for each offence slip.

Its incentive to catch offenders even when the act has not happened yet. Its like minority report all over again.

You think this is the first complain of 'abuse' by such officers? I've seen and heard tons of them during my CSO days. Its LLST pay up.

The NEA spokesperson said, however, that police are investigating the case, and have classified it as one where criminal force was used against a public servant.

________________________________________________________________________________

i tot is civil servant used force? the tables has turned?

Zhong then called the police and was sent to the Singapore General Hospital by ambulance, where he was treated for bruises on his shoulder and hand, adding that he was in intense pain from his shoulder injury and was given three days of medical leave.

must give him best actor award [laugh]

Zhong then called the police and was sent to the Singapore General Hospital by ambulance, where he was treated for bruises on his shoulder and hand, adding that he was in intense pain from his shoulder injury and was given three days of medical leave.

must give him best actor award [laugh]

Learn from SAF mah..........

dun wan pay fine lor..

but oso damn drama rite.. tsk..

if he quickly throw away and tell them nicely lah, run for what? can run out of singapore? [rolleyes]

Next time just say what cigarette butts?

I think these NEA should go catch tourists....see how garang and bold NEA can be.

Walk around Little India or Orchard road or Luckies plaza on weekends......NEA can ear super commissions.

i think the enforcers also pai zho , if they didnt restrain him, he would have just walked away. they are only doing their job after all. without them, our environment will be filled with cigarette butts.

Can NEA touch or hold the culprit?

Or block culprit from walking away?

Funny.....I think police also cannot touch.....unless for self defense.

Next time just tell NEA to follow you to home to collect IC. Just say forget where you kept the IC. Could be at home!

Believe most of these kind of enforcement officers are outsourced to 3rd party, just like car parking also. Can employ FT/FW. Seen so many China XMM totting handheld "TOTO" machines walking around.

i think the enforcers also pai zho , if they didnt restrain him, he would have just walked away. they are only doing their job after all. without them, our environment will be filled with cigarette butts.

I agree. And I think this litterbug's complaint will be just tossed away (like his ciggie butt, ironically).

If he did not try to run away, then the officers wouldn't have to lay a hand on him. Next time he should try running away from TP and see what happens... [laugh]

Can NEA touch or hold the culprit?

Or block culprit from walking away?

Funny.....I think police also cannot touch.....unless for self defense.

Are you sure or not??? Especially your remark about the police??

If they cannot lay hands on a person, then how to stop suspect from escaping? [hur]

why he need to 'run' or 'escape' in the first place?

Yup, his best course of action is to throw away the butt properly, apologise, apologise, beg for chance, stroke the ego of the officers a bit... well he could've been excused!

Now he's looking at much higher fines besides CWO!

Those nea officers oso like ah beng,ah seng & mat rempit like dat...i attended course with them b4..

wah dunno got $15 commission ah..so much..

EArn $15/Smoker caught ? and got High Chan Kena Whacked and if approach a Group of Gangsters ?

NO THANKS...

↡ Advertisement