Rolex Or Panerai

Ngsehchoon

Hi Bro,

Thinking of buying either Rolex (Explorer II) or Panerai (Basic manual Winding).
Which one is better or re-sale value if next time want to sell it. Please comments. Thanks

post-57392-1315963296.jpgpost-57392-1315963311.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bro,

Thinking of buying either Rolex (Explorer II) or Panerai (Basic manual Winding).

Which one is better or re-sale value if next time want to sell it. Please comments. Thanks

Rolex anytime .... for Singapore. Walk in to any "Pawn Shop", you will find Rolex but hardly any Panerai. Rolex will hold it's re-sales value better.

Explorer II not that popular, I used to have one and sold it away, resale value not that great too, between Explorer II and the Panerai I would go for the latter, I am sure the other watch afficidos would agree too?

Hi Bro,

So what's the price for each of them?

If I were you I go for the Panerai cos they always come in limited numbers worldwide. Those models which comes in even smaller limited numbers worth even more. Rolex a dime a dozen, resale is easier rather dan better value. Plus you see so many tom dick & harry wear rolex, nothing special.

see which watch you like personally on your wrist...panerai is 44mm? rolex is 40mm....

Also panerai leather strap (and rubber strap)...wont last as long as rolex's s/s bracelet...resale price will be affected i guess.

i would go for pam if agst this rolex, becos frankly explorer is not tat fantastic, small and quite old model, the resale value reflects that. but i still thk rolex is a better watch. why not up abit and get the milgauss or sub?

When buying such thing i know people tend to ask about resale value. But when you are buying something shouldn't you be buying something that you LIKE? If you buy with the thought of selling in the future and don't want to lose so much money, best is don't buy then don't lose money at all.

Above notwithstanding, if its me, definitely not Rolex (too uncle). Panerai more "prestige" somehow. But i would prefer IWC or Richard Mille.

When buying such thing i know people tend to ask about resale value. But when you are buying something shouldn't you be buying something that you LIKE? If you buy with the thought of selling in the future and don't want to lose so much money, best is don't buy then don't lose money at all.

Above notwithstanding, if its me, definitely not Rolex (too uncle). Panerai more "prestige" somehow. But i would prefer IWC or Richard Mille.

Well said...

should try patek phillipe, maybe better alternative, rolex too common though resale value is good and more recognised by sg ppl

knn, not everyone as rich as you la! [laugh]

Go for Panerai, it's more distinct look compared to rolex. If you watch the news last night there was this guy demonstrating a new mask. He's wearing a Pam with 3rd party strap. It's so eye catching that you will tend to focus on the watch than the mask [laugh]

I wear my Pam everyday and I don't worry about resale value at all because I don't intend to sell it ^_^

If I were you I go for the Panerai cos they always come in limited numbers worldwide. Those models which comes in even smaller limited numbers worth even more. Rolex a dime a dozen, resale is easier rather dan better value. Plus you see so many tom dick & harry wear rolex, nothing special.

The weird thing is that sometimes, limited numbers items don't really appreciate or hold value well, whereas highly traded and available items tends to appreciate in value.

My guess is that an item that is somewhat limited but not too difficult to find has the best value.

But I would choose panerai if i'm not looking at resale value.

Yeah, RM is revolutionary stuff!!

Knn everytime say i rich, u richer than me la

I drive Passat, you drive A8, you have many overseas properties, I have none even in Singapore, you buy Patek, I wear Rolex....who's richer? but doesn't matter la...being happy and contented is more impt....

but really feel like changing watch....if I never lose so much money sure change

↡ Advertisement