Where is the best buffet spread?

SGCMmaomao

Anyone tried Colony and The Line recently and care to give feedback which one is a better choice in terms of food selection - both are about the same price on Friday night.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Courtyard by Marriott restaurant called Sky 22, next to Novena MRT station, has this semi-buffet lunch.  Recently, they increased the price to $28++ for lunch.  You choose one main course, and there is a semi-buffet spread (soup, salad, dessert) to choose from.  Not the typical full buffet, but it is quite a nice place to go for a decent lunch, without having to overeat too much. 

2019 prices.

Back in 2018, I also tried this place, and that time the price was $22++.  Prices have gone up.

• Praise 3

Courtyard by Marriott restaurant called Sky 22, next to Novena MRT station, has this semi-buffet lunch.  Recently, they increased the price to $28++ for lunch.  You choose one main course, and there is a semi-buffet spread (soup, salad, dessert) to choose from.  Not the typical full buffet, but it is quite a nice place to go for a decent lunch, without having to overeat too much. 

2019 prices.

Back in 2018, I also tried this place, and that time the price was $22++.  Prices have gone up.

Business must be good, thats why increase price? But food nice?

Edited by 13177

Business must be good, thats why increase price? But food nice?

Food was decent.  It is not a typical buffet where you have a huge spread to eat.

Think of it like a 3 course meal with coffee, however, you can help yourself to unlimited servings of first course (soup, salad) and desserts.  The videos I made show you the semi-buffet spread.  As for the mains, you can just choose 1.

Went back to Colony again recently; whilst the spread is still not too bad, I somehow feel that the quality has slowly deteriorated over the years since 2015 (?) when it first started after replacing what used to be Greenhouse.

In addition, the environment and crowd for this place has evolved. There are now many big groups especially on weekends and the whole place gets really busy and hectic - feels like a pasar malam. Service is professional but with the crowd, one cannot expect anything beyond that. 

I missed the days when it was a lot less crowded and more cosy... Must start looking for a new place with similar or better spread but a lot less crowded...

post-14331-0-53367900-1548772885_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

Sorry if overseas one isn't counted.. am in Melacca Hatten now. Hotel guests only RM58 an adult. Children half price.

Very value for money.

20191224_184919.jpg

20191224_183909.jpg

• Praise 7

33 minutes ago, Abracadabra said:

Any bro got recommendation for catering buffet at home? 

How is Nxx Garden? Heard they are quite good but their minimum order is for 30 pax.

Thanks 🙏

Before covid I have ordered from chilli padi before. Peranakan food. 

https://chillipadi.com.sg

Cost wise is not on the low side but friends and family like it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5