Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

DQ200 issues I can understand - it is mostly for small engine cars. In Europe, they sold more manual cars than auto cars. In US, they only sell the bigger engines. So it is mostly in Asia and Australia, that they had major recalls for those DQ200 cars. Also curious to know why Audi and Skoda had the same issues but not the same volumes of complaints.

Not to mentioned radiator problems complained by 2 of my colleagues

Neutral Newbie

To existing Orlando drivers,

Wish to ask

how much is the maintenance servicing cost per year?

what are the parts claim from warranty? Any difficulties in claiming from alpine?

Any preferred workshop specialized in Chevrolet (beside alpine after warranty)

Within warranty, can we go outside servicing without void warranty?

Thks.

To existing Orlando drivers,

Wish to ask

how much is the maintenance servicing cost per year?

what are the parts claim from warranty? Any difficulties in claiming from alpine?

Any preferred workshop specialized in Chevrolet (beside alpine after warranty)

Within warranty, can we go outside servicing without void warranty?

Thks.

Cost of servicing at AD is $2580 over 5 years

Wear and tear parts not under warranty

Warranty void when service outside, or fail to service at designated service.

I believe the deals nowadays include first 3 years free servicing at the AD. Warranty is still 5 years unlimited so need to pay the remaining 2 years servicing to ensure warranty is valid.

Bro, did the AD give you the price of the servicing for the 5 years?

Do you know what does the servicing cost include? e,g. normal service - EO, oil filter, labour ... Major service EO, oil filter, coolant, brake oil.. timing belt. .... etc require.

your knowledge and info on this car is [thumbsup][thumbsup] [thumbsup] .

I believe the deals nowadays include first 3 years free servicing at the AD. Warranty is still 5 years unlimited so need to pay the remaining 2 years servicing to ensure warranty is valid.

this car I don't think give 3 year free servicing. last check in Jan say only the 1st or 2 serving is free.. I may be wrong, best is still to ask your SE before signing...

Do you know what does the servicing cost include? e,g. normal service - EO, oil filter, labour ... Major service EO, oil filter, coolant, brake oil.. timing belt. .... etc require.

this car I don't think give 3 year free servicing. last check in Jan say only the 1st or 2 serving is free.. I may be wrong, best is still to ask your SE before signing...

Only 1st year servicing is free. Warranty though 5 years covers 100k only. Package from alpine is worst comparing against other makes. Doesn't reflect well on their confidence level on reliability. Hear Alpine not doing well. Not sure if anything happens what will happen to our warranty.

My knowledge of Orlando so so only lah. I was comparing the total ownership cost of Orlando, Avanza and Mobilio in the first 5 years and I asked the Chev AD for the service cost for 5 years. That $2580 covers the minor and major services at 10KM, 20KM, 30km, 40km, .... 100KM (5 years :-)).

This car generally has two package: $116K or $119K. The $116K does not even cover the first service. The $119K covers first year + first year road tax + some hamper. I think that $116K is more worth it.

Only 1st year servicing is free. Warranty though 5 years covers 100k only. Package from alpine is worst comparing against other makes. Doesn't reflect well on their confidence level on reliability. Hear Alpine not doing well. Not sure if anything happens what will happen to our warranty.

I beg to differ. "No free service" may not equate to "low confidence on reliability". The 5 years warranty shows that they have the same level of confidence on reliability with the Toyota. I heard that Toyota is removing their free 5 years servicing soon. It actually cost more (~$500 over 5 years) to service at BM than Alphine. I have more confidence that Toyota will last 10 years though :-) Having said this, most new cars that I have seen offer 5 years warranty. So, it appears that reliability have all been improved.

If any of you are wondering hows the mileage for the Orlando 1.4T, i clocked 650km from full to almost touching the red line. Odometer shows that i still can travel 100km. Consumption rated 8.9l per 100km.

My knowledge of Orlando so so only lah. I was comparing the total ownership cost of Orlando, Avanza and Mobilio in the first 5 years and I asked the Chev AD for the service cost for 5 years. That $2580 covers the minor and major services at 10KM, 20KM, 30km, 40km, .... 100KM (5 years :-)).

This car generally has two package: $116K or $119K. The $116K does not even cover the first service. The $119K covers first year + first year road tax + some hamper. I think that $116K is more worth it.

im also looking at compact MPV but your detail check and overall costing for each car is impressive !! [scholar][thumbsup][thumbsup] .

But if Orlando price is not drop comparing with WISH, then Wish will be the prefer choice as the price gap is narrow now and it provide the 5 yrs servicing (if still vaild now) and so call" better re-sell value".

• Praise 1

But if Orlando price is not drop comparing with WISH, then Wish will be the prefer choice as the price gap is narrow now and it provide the 5 yrs servicing (if still vaild now) and so call" better re-sell value".

Agree. The gap between Wish and Orlando has narrowed from $28K to $12K. When the COE dropped by $10K, i was hoping to book the Orlando for $100K but it still stays at $116K. Both this price, and WIsh's $128K are beyond my budget.

Hence, we exchanged our Wish (expires in May 2015) for a small car while waiting for the price to correct more.

My wife prefer Wish but i actually prefer the boyish look of Orlando.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Just did my first 1K servicing at Alpine Motors today. Turnover pretty quick. Was told that the waiting time would be 2 hours, but collected after 1 hour. Free of course. Saw at least 2 other Orlandos with SKR plates in the basement carpark, so I guess that quite a number of people bought at the same time as me. After the servicing, the engine sounds much smoother. Got to learn to discipline myself not to rev too much....

Just took up a paint protection package with another company yesterday... now looking around for a good shop to install front and rear car camera.

Edited by Biglittlebean

am also aiming this car... nice to see many getting it. Driving a stream now. still got 1 year plus left. So hope can see price soften a bit more to my budget.

Any feedback is welcome on the car.

↡ Advertisement