Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Just did my first 1K servicing at Alpine Motors today. Turnover pretty quick. Was told that the waiting time would be 2 hours, but collected after 1 hour. Free of course. Saw at least 2 other Orlandos with SKR plates in the basement carpark, so I guess that quite a number of people bought at the same time as me. After the servicing, the engine sounds much smoother. Got to learn to discipline myself not to rev too much....

Just took up a paint protection package with another company yesterday... now looking around for a good shop to install front and rear car camera.

Mine has 3 years free servicing but I got it last November at $126k when coe was $72k. First 1k servicing don't change oil. Just data collection for them n for u to tell them if anything is wrong.

10k or 6months servicing will then change eo. Mine had problem with reverse camera which they changed during my 1k servicing.

Pick up is reasonable for me. But I absolutely love it when the turbo kicks in n its sound insulation.

↡ Advertisement

Same feelings here. Will wait for another 2 bids and see how.

Agree. The gap between Wish and Orlando has narrowed from $28K to $12K. When the COE dropped by $10K, i was hoping to book the Orlando for $100K but it still stays at $116K. Both this price, and WIsh's $128K are beyond my budget.

Hence, we exchanged our Wish (expires in May 2015) for a small car while waiting for the price to correct more.

My wife prefer Wish but i actually prefer the boyish look of Orlando.

Mine has 3 years free servicing but I got it last November at $126k when coe was $72k. First 1k servicing don't change oil. Just data collection for them n for u to tell them if anything is wrong.

10k or 6months servicing will then change eo. Mine had problem with reverse camera which they changed during my 1k servicing.

Pick up is reasonable for me. But I absolutely love it when the turbo kicks in n its sound insulation.

I got my Orlando in the same month as you so I guess I was right when I said the deal (I got) was for 3 years free servicing .... now the price has been cut they must have cut back to 1 year free servicing.

Agree. The gap between Wish and Orlando has narrowed from $28K to $12K. When the COE dropped by $10K, i was hoping to book the Orlando for $100K but it still stays at $116K. Both this price, and WIsh's $128K are beyond my budget.

Hence, we exchanged our Wish (expires in May 2015) for a small car while waiting for the price to correct more.

My wife prefer Wish but i actually prefer the boyish look of Orlando.

Try to negotiate a lower price with your cheque book in clear view .... it may work wonders for you.

Saw an old Wish side by side with Orlando.

Car core coming to end soon.

Just visited showroom. Orlando 1.4 turbo quoted 120k

It felt more spacious than wish.

How come so many got it so much cheaper?

At 1.4, is it underpowered for mp? ?

I am a new Orlando owner, Just took delivery of my new ride before the Chinese New Year. Although it is a 1.4L car but power wise I still feel it's adequate. I travel up Malaysia very often and I just came back from Malacca last week.

I went up with 5 adults and a child and the ride was quite comfortable. I feel Orlando is a comfortable cruiser compare to my Avante as the view point is much higher and a lot more powerful.

I am a new Orlando owner, Just took delivery of my new ride before the Chinese New Year. Although it is a 1.4L car but power wise I still feel it's adequate. I travel up Malaysia very often and I just came back from Malacca last week.

I went up with 5 adults and a child and the ride was quite comfortable. I feel Orlando is a comfortable cruiser compare to my Avante as the view point is much higher and a lot more powerful.

I think I collected my car the same time as you. =)

how about the fuel consumption u achieved so far? have u also try going up to genting with it?

Hi, Biglittlebean [wave] . I got my car on the 14th of Feb. Hope you are enjoying your drive just like me. Hi Bambind, so far the fuel consumption is about 9.6/100km or about 10.4 km per litre with a mixture of highway and city drive. ( sometime waste lots of fuel in the jam across the causeway on weekend) [:p]

Hopefully the fuel consumption will get better over time. But for a mini MPV the size of the orlando I think this is not so bad lah. Overall I am satisfied with the Orlando. Hopefully we can get to see more Orlando on our road.

Hi bambind, I have yet to drive my Orlando up to Genting yet. But I am already planning a trip up to Ipoh sometime in April to visit my father In Law. I believed going up Genting is not a problem for the Orlando at all. I drive my 6 years old Avante up many times and I think Orlando will do the job even better. :D

Hi, Biglittlebean [wave] . I got my car on the 14th of Feb. Hope you are enjoying your drive just like me. Hi Bambind, so far the fuel consumption is about 9.6/100km or about 10.4 km per litre with a mixture of highway and city drive. ( sometime waste lots of fuel in the jam across the causeway on weekend) [:p]

Hopefully the fuel consumption will get better over time. But for a mini MPV the size of the orlando I think this is not so bad lah. Overall I am satisfied with the Orlando. Hopefully we can get to see more Orlando on our road.

hi PATRTAN thanks for the feedback. I was quite surprised to find such solid build car has such consumption.

what I like about the car is that should u need to add overhead box, there is provision on the roof car with the silver trim parts u able to find 4 square opening in which u can mount it on. to me this is a plus point as when I travel to Malaysia there is 7 of us and no place for luggage.

how about the fuel consumption u achieved so far? have u also try going up to genting with it?

My FC ranges from 8.5l per 100km to 9.2l per 100km. I must however state that I have a heavy right foot as I am enjoying the power. The pick up is fantastic compared to my previous airwave. Have not tried driving to Malaysia though, although I don't think there is any issue driving up Genting since I did that with my airwave last time and it was ok. Other than that, so far everything is ok. Car feels surprisingly agile despite its tall centre of gravity as well as a heavy body.

Haa.... yup, we got it on the same day. Enjoying it as well.

Haa.... yup, we got it on the same day. Enjoying it as well.

One question:

I was traveling behind an Orlando just now on the way to work. The sun was right behind us, and the tailgate of the orlando in front was positioned such that the chrome part above the no. plate, was just reflecting the sun's glare into my eyes.

We were at a traffic light, and the glare was like blinking. On closer look, it's because of the angle, as the glare just hit me at an angle. Tilt a bit, and it'll miss my eyes. This seems to suggest that the orlando was vibrating quite a bit when stationary. At the point where it moves off, i notice that the blinking glare would stabilize.

This is quite similar to my wish, which vibrates quite a bit when at rest, unless the light is switched on...

Is that true?

One question:

I was traveling behind an Orlando just now on the way to work. The sun was right behind us, and the tailgate of the orlando in front was positioned such that the chrome part above the no. plate, was just reflecting the sun's glare into my eyes.

We were at a traffic light, and the glare was like blinking. On closer look, it's because of the angle, as the glare just hit me at an angle. Tilt a bit, and it'll miss my eyes. This seems to suggest that the orlando was vibrating quite a bit when stationary. At the point where it moves off, i notice that the blinking glare would stabilize.

This is quite similar to my wish, which vibrates quite a bit when at rest, unless the light is switched on...

Is that true?

For me, I can't comment since I have never drove a Wish before. But comparing to my Airwave, vibration is less when stationary. Honda cars' aircon tends to kick in and out and the vibration can be felt. So far my Orlando is quite smooth when driving and stopping. But of course, my car is still pretty new.

One question:

Is that true?

I don't really feel any vibration when at stationary, the ride is also very smooth maybe it's still new.

↡ Advertisement