Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Anyone needs my SE just pm me. Especially if u havnt "lock" your names with any salesman yet. (Test drive they will take ur driving licence)

Wana buy car must get a good SE to help u thru out the process. I think car coe will moderate down towards "election" period. so dun kan chiong if u have time. But of cors if your car showing signs of breaking down, then better speed up the selection processs!

All the best!

[thumbsup]

Actually I think the old man which members mentioned was the one who served me. He is the Team Leader and his name is associated with Sun. If he is the same guy, I guess a leopard never changes it's spots. :wut:

Something maybe worth mentioning:

... When reversing in raining weather, rear wiper auto-activates (even without setting to Auto)

So you don't have to manually activate... came in useful when the everyday family guy multi-tasks in the morning... :grin:

If I am not satisfy with the SE who serve me, can I change? How can I stay with SE whom I don't like? I think the AD has to except customer choice.

Something maybe worth mentioning:

... When reversing in raining weather, rear wiper auto-activates (even without setting to Auto)

So you don't have to manually activate... came in useful when the everyday family guy multi-tasks in the morning... :grin:

This is new to me .... I have never observed this before. Thanks.

Another thing I noticed is that if I turn the key and it fails to crank, I cannot start the engine until I pull out the key and re-insert it back. It seems strange but an Alpine service technician confirmed that this is a standard feature in our Orlando (and maybe the Cruze).

If I am not satisfy with the SE who serve me, can I change? How can I stay with SE whom I don't like? I think the AD has to except customer choice.

Yes you can change SE as it is a free market. Take note that the Alpine sales people rotate among themselves and they are only allowed to be on duty for 2 or 3 days per week at the showroom when they can get to serve new customers. However, if you have an appointment with a specific SE, he can come in on any day or time to serve you.

However, I noticed the SEs themselves are wary of pissing each other off for stealing a potential customer that another SE has served before. They always cautioned that we can take them if we are not satisfied with the other SE, but they would inform that SE first just in case they get into dispute later.

When I was in NZ, the police rode 8L Commodores; those monsters can chase down anything literally.

post-130523-0-34052300-1438704556.jpgpost-130523-0-15487500-1438704563.jpg

They just camp at corners like that...

post-130523-0-07219400-1438704551.jpg

Holden Commodore... sold globally as Chevrolet Lumina SS. Wonder if SPF will ever consider bringing one of these guys to SG. But seems to be guzzlers.

And then there's the all too familiar Captiva.

post-130523-0-54273000-1438704567.jpg

Holden's a really smooth & macho name for a car.... e.g. Holden Orlando; Holden Cruze; Holden Camaro... [lipsrsealed]

This is new to me .... I have never observed this before. Thanks.

Another thing I noticed is that if I turn the key and it fails to crank, I cannot start the engine until I pull out the key and re-insert it back. It seems strange but an Alpine service technician confirmed that this is a standard feature in our Orlando (and maybe the Cruze).

When I was in NZ, the police rode 8L Commodores; those monsters can chase down anything literally.

attachicon.gifa_wta140814lfclosed03.jpgattachicon.gifNZPolice1jamiederksen-vi.jpg

attachicon.gifnz police.jpg

Holden Commodore... sold globally as Chevrolet Lumina SS. Wonder if SPF will ever consider bringing one of these guys to SG. But seems to be guzzlers.

attachicon.gif5379.jpg

Holden's a really smooth & macho name for a car.... e.g. Holden Orlando; Holden Cruze; Holden Camaro... [lipsrsealed]

There's a Chevrolet Captiva in the NDP mobile column this year :

21414110b98f36cd4bfea7dcdddd6181e056adf2

214141187a3be4e735757ee8cc03832ffd9cb917

Edited by Maverick713

attachicon.gifa_wta140814lfclosed03.jpgattachicon.gifNZPolice1jamiederksen-vi.jpg

attachicon.gifnz police.jpg

attachicon.gif5379.jpg

Serbian Police Orlando:

7255.jpg

and the well-equipped Dubai Police with the Camaro !!

Dubai-Police-Car-Chevy.jpg

Haha, I need to eat my humble pie in my forecast. COE up again!

I had actually wished that its value decrease steadily but gradually over time. But the last time it dipped too much, causing a knee-jerk reaction, leading to many rushing to the showrooms to make their purchases.

Looks like I won't be able to secure my purchase for the Orlando in the near future!

Supercharged

As this is by far the most active thread on Chevy, I would appreciate help from those who owned and drive turbo vehicle regardless of the model.

Do you experience a jerk when you apply engine brake (i.e. let go of accelerator and cruise till the speed drops)?

• Praise 1

As this is by far the most active thread on Chevy, I would appreciate help from those who owned and drive turbo vehicle regardless of the model.

Do you experience a jerk when you apply engine brake (i.e. let go of accelerator and cruise till the speed drops)?

For me, no. The deceleration is quite smooth. In regards to the change of gears, I would say that my Orlando feels very similar to driving to my old Airwave which is CVT.

I think that has more to do with the clutch rather than the turbo, if that's what you want to know

There are no jerks in my Orlando Turbo. It simply cruises smoothly a long way to a stop when I let go the accelerator.

Edited by Maverick713

The deceleration of my Orlando is also a smooth one. No jerking experience so far.

↡ Advertisement