Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Via AD, how much does basic, intermediate & major cost?

E.g., at mileages,  10k, 20k, 40k?

For Orlando.

1st yr free servicing is included in the package

For prices, please consult your SE at the showroom.

All I can say, the $$ is slightly cheaper than what u pay at Toyota and Honda...

↡ Advertisement

Hehe, being a Malibu owner, I wonder why no one consider the Malibu instead? I think you can get the Malibu for <100k these days too.. Its 2.4L but fuel economy is surprisingly good or a 1.6ton car... And its a true blue Yankee machine, not a Korean car..LOL

Daewoo just CKD the Malibu thats all. Specs is damn good and you get to enjoy alot of unlisted features and equipment too.

Orlando is also a true blue Yankee machine, based on a GM concept MPV that first debuted at the Paris Motor Show 2008.

chevroletorlando1.jpg?mode=max&quality=9

• Praise 1

May I check whether i can change the original factory fitted framed wiper to frameless type?

My ride is less than 6 months. The wipers need to be replaced now.

Anybody knows how to take out the rear wiper. The service advisor at Alpine motor said just pull out from one side. I doubt it will work.

Orlando is also a true blue Yankee machine, based on a GM concept MPV that first debuted at the Paris Motor Show 2008.

chevroletorlando1.jpg?mode=max&quality=9

Haha okie la its meant for the Europe market. GM doesnt sell the Orlando in its home market.

Malibu is already in the 9th generation (the 2016 model) in the USA.

Haha okie la its meant for the Europe market. GM doesnt sell the Orlando in its home market.

Malibu is already in the 9th generation (the 2016 model) in the USA.

That's incorrect.  The Orlando was originally meant for the American market, as the Orlando concept had appeared in the North American International Auto Show in 2009 and GM had said that it would be sold in the US showrooms from 2011.  

However, in 2010 they changed their minds in order to protect the sales of their existing mini-vans models after GM declared bankruptcy due to the subprime financial crisis and was subsequently bailed-out by the US government with tax-payers' money.

General Motors North America President Troy Clarke introduces the Chevrolet Orlando seven-seat compact multi-purpose car at the 2009 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan (see picture):

chevroletorlando01.jpg?w=300

20090120091556107.jpg

The show car looks better than the actual production model. At least it has LED DRL and the headlights are not so upright and squarish.

the show car headlights looks like they are HID or LED elements..

May I check whether i can change the original factory fitted framed wiper to frameless type?

My ride is less than 6 months. The wipers need to be replaced now.

Anybody knows how to take out the rear wiper. The service advisor at Alpine motor said just pull out from one side. I doubt it will work.

Orlando owners manual page 177

Didn't do it before, but from pictures, the front wipers is hook type, can change to those frameless with a catch in the centre for the hook.

The rear wiper arm I couldn't lift up to 90 deg during car wash. (only went up to 30 deg and cannot stop in upright position) Is this normal?

Orlando owners manual page 177

Didn't do it before, but from pictures, the front wipers is hook type, can change to those frameless with a catch in the centre for the hook.

The rear wiper arm I couldn't lift up to 90 deg during car wash. (only went up to 30 deg and cannot stop in upright position) Is this normal?

Thanks Windchoco. Will try the frameless wiper.

The rear wiper can be lifted a small angle only. No idea how to replace wiper blade.

Hi all. I wanted to get a mpv for my next ride but any bro and sis out here advise me. Orlando and Wish, which is more spacious in seating other than others factors like FC / Road Tax / GPS etc.

I owned a wish before, the Orlando have a higher headroom for the third row seats compare to wish, it is more spacious, my kids love the third row compared to the wish and that is one reason why we decided on the Orlando. Overall it is bigger and more spacious than the wish.

• Praise 1

I owned a wish before, the Orlando have a higher headroom for the third row seats compare to wish, it is more spacious, my kids love the third row compared to the wish and that is one reason why we decided on the Orlando. Overall it is bigger and more spacious than the wish.

Good to hear a first-hand review by someone who has owned both cars ....

Any brother installed the side steps for Orlando? My 4 year old kid has difficulty to enter the car.

bro,

Did you install the side steps eventually? I am looking to install the side step for my kiddos but do not know if the steps fits, or if it is any good or not. Appreciate your sharing.

bro,

Did you install the side steps eventually? I am looking to install the side step for my kiddos but do not know if the steps fits, or if it is any good or not. Appreciate your sharing.

I did not install side steps finally.

I will be getting my new 1.4T Orlando soon, but got few questions as below:

1) Can I upgrade the rim to 17"? Any implication?

2) I am thinking to install the auto lock side mirror folding system, any implication? And any shop recommended?

3) Anyone know how to update the GPS map without getting the help from the service center?

Thanks.

I will be getting my new 1.4T Orlando soon, but got few questions as below:

1) Can I upgrade the rim to 17"? Any implication?

2) I am thinking to install the auto lock side mirror folding system, any implication? And any shop recommended?

3) Anyone know how to update the GPS map without getting the help from the service center?

Thanks.

1. The pcd for the rim is 5x115(if I not wrong). Kinda hard to find and limited options (locally) unless u wanna import from overseas or get shops to indent for u.

Let me know if u can, I been wanting to change ever since I got my car 1 year ago.

2. U may void the warranty.

3. Think someone did it. I can go search.

1. The pcd for the rim is 5x115(if I not wrong). Kinda hard to find and limited options (locally) unless u wanna import from overseas or get shops to indent for u.

Let me know if u can, I been wanting to change ever since I got my car 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot bro, waiting for your update. :))
Thanks bro

235/45R18 Can loot 18" all the way la. [laugh]

All well and good, until its time to buy new tires....can cry no tears LOL

↡ Advertisement