Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

1. The pcd for the rim is 5x115(if I not wrong). Kinda hard to find and limited options (locally) unless u wanna import from overseas or get shops to indent for u.

Let me know if u can, I been wanting to change ever since I got my car 1 year ago.

2. U may void the warranty.

3. Think someone did it. I can go search.

2.  Definitely void warranty.  There are auto folding kits around but definitely need to cut cables to install.

3.  Can be done but have to be very careful not to lose the SD card when you remove it,  I was told the eject spring in our HU is very strong and the card may fly out and get lost, or it may drop behind the flip-up door and get lost forever.

↡ Advertisement

I like the looks as it resembles hummer just like crossroads. I rather keep the 215.60...16., for more comfort for rear passengers n better fc., pick up.

Anyone knows the torque threshold of the orlando 6At? 300nm? If so, a chip up or mod to 160ps/240nm sounds good.

• Praise 1

2.  Definitely void warranty.  There are auto folding kits around but definitely need to cut cables to install.

3.  Can be done but have to be very careful not to lose the SD card when you remove it,  I was told the eject spring in our HU is very strong and the card may fly out and get lost, or it may drop behind the flip-up door and get lost forever.

3. Hi Orlando uses Galactio maps just like my Malibu right? Is there a SD card slot? I sure didnt see it. Or do we need to dismantle some dash panels to rich it? I don't see any SD card slots in my Malibu.... [confused]  :a-confused:

I am pissed with Alpine and Galactio vendor's Ivan response too. True we are given 1st yr free map updates, but what happens after that?

GPS is useless if they are not updated regularly.

There must be some way we can update the maps ourselves for free. We have the fully legal licence keys ley... @#$%^

3. Hi Orlando uses Galactio maps just like my Malibu right? Is there a SD card slot? I sure didnt see it. Or do we need to dismantle some dash panels to rich it? I don't see any SD card slots in my Malibu.... [confused]  :a-confused:

I am pissed with Alpine and Galactio vendor's Ivan response too. True we are given 1st yr free map updates, but what happens after that?

GPS is useless if they are not updated regularly.

There must be some way we can update the maps ourselves for free. We have the fully legal licence keys ley... @#$%^

In the Orlando, we need to flip up the head unit's "cover" that reveals the SD card slot just below the 7" LCD screen.

I was told that the map updates are complimentary as we just need to request for it whenever we come in for servicing.  Nobody told me it's only free for 1 year.  Who told you that?

In the Orlando, we need to flip up the head unit's "cover" that reveals the SD card slot just below the 7" LCD screen.

I was told that the map updates are complimentary as we just need to request for it whenever we come in for servicing.  Nobody told me it's only free for 1 year.  Who told you that?

The svcs dept when I was there lor... [bigcry]  [furious]

Pardon me for asking... but do you get the vibe that Svc staff really hate their job... and they tend to just go through motion... with no sense of pride in what they do?

The svcs dept when I was there lor... [bigcry]  [furious]

Mine reads 8.7L/100KM, after 20K which is about ~11.5KM/L

I'm a heavy footer with enhancements... 

What is the FC for the 1.4T? 

Pardon me for asking... but do you get the vibe that Svc staff really hate their job... and they tend to just go through motion... with no sense of pride in what they do?

Isnt that the same in every AD? U go KM and BM, same thing too its just that they have tons of customers there so they are too busy to look sian.

In Alpine, you are prob the only car send in for svcs for the rest of the day LOL. Of cos they look sian.

Anyway, you may wish to take the lift to 3 or 4th floor to see them svcs your car. Don't need to cramp yourself silly at the basement svc reception and doze off. [sleeping]

I am concerned with their workmanship too. Hopefully they can still do a good oil change job.

For my Malibu, the senior SA said the car fully controlled by 'computer', they cant do any thing without plug in to their own dignostic machines... hahaha... who are u trying to kid...

I will be bringing my own engine oil there. the best value for money oil for my Malibu. So it makes even more sense to be physically there to see them do their stuff.

Mine reads 8.7L/100KM, after 20K which is about ~11.5KM/L

I'm a heavy footer with enhancements... 

I think u gotta look for the right svc advisor. I did meet v helpful ones before.

Your FC v good for heavy footer. Make me feel like adding the "enhancement" also.. hehe

I think u gotta look for the right svc advisor. I did meet v helpful ones before.

Your FC v good for heavy footer. Make me feel like adding the "enhancement" also.. hehe

I can pull ard 11km/L in my Malibu using factory original oil. GM engines tends to be on the fuel saving side despite their modest tech.. at least the range of engines we have in SG.

just test drove orlando 1.4t today. didn't know this is CUV n not MPV.

for - solid door, factory wrapped leather, reclinable 2nd row seats, muscular n boxy design, handling, performance, sound quality, factory fitted touchscreen / satnav / rev cam / rim

against - not-so-cold aircon (17 deg c cold initially but during test drive not so comfy; 5 pax incl SE on board), higher seat pad for front seat, no leather wrapped steering wheel, small touchscreen, non-sliding 2nd row seats, no keyless / push start / drl, car veer to left no matter how i center steering

for - solid door, factory wrapped leather, reclinable 2nd row seats, muscular n boxy design, handling, performance, sound quality, factory fitted touchscreen / satnav / rev cam / rim

against - not-so-cold aircon (17 deg c cold initially but during test drive not so comfy; 5 pax incl SE on board), higher seat pad for front seat, no leather wrapped steering wheel, small touchscreen, non-sliding 2nd row seats, no keyless / push start / drl, car veer to left no matter how i center steering

I have owned this model for more than 1 year now and have always felt the aircon is sufficiently cold at my usual setting of 23 or 24 degrees.  The air venting mode on the test car might be set wrongly.  For example, someone might have switched it to blow air over the windscreen through the vents on top of the dashboard instead of directly at the passengers.  For mine, I use the mode that blows at passengers' faces, and also blows at their feet areas in both the 1st and 2nd row.

Leather for the steering wheel can be fixed for $200 from leather wrapping workshops like Jackspeed.  I DIYed my leather steering for about $30 by ordering a Chevrolet steering wheel leather kit from an online shopping site.

As for the veering to the left, it seems the test car is in need of a wheels alignment job, or the tyres have a  problem.

Yes it is a crossover ....  btw, the touchscreen, GPS software with SLA maps and reverse cameras are not factory fitted.  These were locally fitted by Alpine.

Edited by Maverick713

Ok to be fair, fan speed at 3. Leatherkit at 30?

This is what I ordered, leather wrap with black thread for US$23.69 with free shipping:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Leather-Hand-sewing-Car-Steering-Wheel-Cover-for-Chevrolet-Cruze-Aveo/32300037800.html

BTW, my SE told me before I bought that the Orlando in Singapore are locally fitted with Sanden air compressors that are more suited to the hot climate here than those originally from the factory.  

Edited by Maverick713

This is what I ordered, leather wrap with black thread for US$23.69 with free shipping:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Leather-Hand-sewing-Car-Steering-Wheel-Cover-for-Chevrolet-Cruze-Aveo/32300037800.html

BTW, my SE told me before I bought that the Orlando in Singapore are locally fitted with Sanden air compressors that are more suited to the hot climate here than those originally from the factory.

Good to know air compressor is localized. But for leather wrapped cover, can diy by just covering existing steering wheel like normal steering wheel cover?

Good to know air compressor is localized. But for leather wrapped cover, can diy by just covering existing steering wheel like normal steering wheel cover?

You mean like these steering wheel covers that can be easily put on?  IMO, the stitched-up leather wrapped wheel looks better but it's a personal choice.  The stitching work is not difficult as the online seller has posted videos in Youtube to refer to for learning the proper stitching methods.

bully_steering_wheel_chevy.jpg

You mean like these steering wheel covers that can be easily put on? IMO, the stitched-up leather wrapped wheel looks better but it's a personal choice. The stitching work is not difficult as the online seller has posted videos in Youtube to refer to for learning the proper stitching methods.

bully_steering_wheel_chevy.jpg

Oh no, becos I haven't come across such a product n was wondering how it worked. Any link to video Tks?
↡ Advertisement