Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

I sometimes cannot fold 2nd row left seat as well, the latch is not responding. During 10k Servicing, mechanic tightened the wire. Now it is better, but sometimes still not responding. Need to shake the seat and try a few times.

Need to straighten all the seat belt and push the lock into it place that should do it. Always works when it seem jammed.

↡ Advertisement

Went to Kuantan with the Orlando recently during the long weekend.

Nice cornering, quiet and stable ride on the Malaysia B roads at around 100-110 (2k rpm). Overtaking was also not too difficult with the engine though it gets a bit loud when dropping 2 gears during overtaking.

By folding 1 rear seat down, we could load enough for the trip, and have 8 passengers(3 young children) in relative comfort.

I sometimes cannot fold 2nd row left seat as well, the latch is not responding. During 10k Servicing, mechanic tightened the wire. Now it is better, but sometimes still not responding. Need to shake the seat and try a few times.

Thanks, it is working now.

Issue quite similar to kia carnival i rented overseas few yrs back. When wanna flip, stop at seat back flipped down. Or need to replace mechanism?

Of late, i also have to use all my might n full body weight to lower 2nd row seats. So i must remember to alert mechanic at imminent 10k servicing.

Of late, i also have to use all my might n full body weight to lower 2nd row seats. So i must remember to alert mechanic at imminent 10k servicing.

The catch must be fully pulled to make it easier. Might help,

Hi bros. How is your gear box so far? Does it give your problem like stuck at certain gear sometimes?

Does turbo engine need to clear or clean carbon over time?

Went to Kuantan with the Orlando recently during the long weekend.

Nice cornering, quiet and stable ride on the Malaysia B roads at around 100-110 (2k rpm). Overtaking was also not too difficult with the engine though it gets a bit loud when dropping 2 gears during overtaking.

By folding 1 rear seat down, we could load enough for the trip, and have 8 passengers(3 young children) in relative comfort.

Good to hear that your trip to Kuantan is nice. How is the fuel consumption on your Orlando on the truck roads? Are you going by the coaster road like to mersing to pekan to kuantan?

Hi bros. How is your gear box so far? Does it give your problem like stuck at certain gear sometimes?

Good to hear that your trip to Kuantan is nice. How is the fuel consumption on your Orlando on the truck roads? Are you going by the coaster road like to mersing to pekan to kuantan?

8.9l per 100km on average for me so far, with 60% highway driving. Gear change is very smooth and can't really tell when it changes.

(edited)

Stuck in certain gear - Not really except those times where it is uphill. Being lightfooted i want it to upshift but it persists to hold at 2.5 rpm in a slope. Normally if you dont like the gear it is in you can just release accelerator a bit to upshift. No major issues for me so far.

Gearbox performs most straightforward and most beautifully when you have a standard traffic light move off situation. there you will feel the turbo kick in without turbo lag combined with fast clean shifting.

On the trunk roads I can only manage 11-12km/l on Msia Ron 95, avg 110km/hr and lots of downshifting and full throttle to overtake slower vehicles in single lanes.

I tried the NSH-Yong peng-segamat route and also the full coastal route from Kuantan - Pekan - Mersing - Kota Tinggi.

My avg driving in Singapore is also about 11-11.5. But in order to do that with the orlando u need to be lightfooted for sure. Got whack the turbo 1 sure cannot get.

Edited by Windchoco
  • Praise 1

Hi, gonna check out this car. Any SE to recommend?

What's the standard freebies or discounts you guys bargained for?

Thanks.

Thanks.

My previous se already went over to Borneo motors so I can't recommend u.

They wanted to give me the solar film and car mat but I only took the film. They then paid 6 months road tax for me.

U can try to negotiate for an in-car camera.

But I bought from them a led scuff plate n sun visors at a discounted rate.

Thanks for the info. I think Borneo is increasing their headcount to cater to the expected increase in car sales. :D

My previous se already went over to Borneo motors so I can't recommend u.

They wanted to give me the solar film and car mat but I only took the film. They then paid 6 months road tax for me.

U can try to negotiate for an in-car camera.

But I bought from them a led scuff plate n sun visors at a discounted rate.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks.

Hi, I just got my car early this month. SE provided standard freebies, solar film and car mats. Upon car collection free umbrella.

Best to get the car price as low as possible. My SE was patient enough to attend to all my enquiry and end of the day, the transaction when smoothly. If you need, I can let you know his contact.

Thanks.

Got free 1 year servicing, and solar film. If you want, I can PM you my SE. May be able to get you some discounts. 

Thanks.

I got mine from shaun lim. Responsive.