Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Wonder when the facelift version will land in our shore. Alpine seems to be stuck with some stock.

Looks like there's a facelift planned.

http://www.chevrolet.co.kr/rv/orlando-style.gm

Wonder if the headlights fitting is exactly the same as the current one ... wouldn't mind doing up mine a bit

On this topic, wondering if any bros ever considered adding any accessories to the Orlando? I'm actually quite keen to look for side steps as this ride's a bit higher and I have young kids so that will be very practical for my family.

Just that the Orlando doesn't seem to have much of a market for after market stuff so don't see much options around

↡ Advertisement

Wonder if the headlights fitting is exactly the same as the current one ... wouldn't mind doing up mine a bit

On this topic, wondering if any bros ever considered adding any accessories to the Orlando? I'm actually quite keen to look for side steps as this ride's a bit higher and I have young kids so that will be very practical for my family.

Just that the Orlando doesn't seem to have much of a market for after market stuff so don't see much options around

There is aftermarket parts for Orlando. Just that its not locally. You may have to look for them in those online shops from Korea. I already got some from them. It may take about 2 weeks to get here though.

They even have spare parts if you need.

• Praise 1

Everything in Korean. Cannot understand.

I agree with your point about the hole-puncher part. That was part of my concerns as well. I guess probably for me, I just have to slowly put the second row of seats the first few times until the passengers(my mother and sister actually) know how to position their legs safely and consistently. Just have to do safety drills lor.

Of course, if money is not an issue, I would have preferred Odyssey or Sharan...

Compared to other "hole-puncher" seats like those in the Renault Grand Scenic and Touran, the Orlando seats are much safer. Instead of falling heavily when you push it down like in the Grand Scenic, the seats in the Orlando are spring-loaded which makes them resistant to pushing so it would only go down more slowly and gently. There would be enough time to say "watch your legs" and the person in the back move away his foot before the seats get pushed down slowly due to the spring-loaded resistance.

Besides, the seat legs in the Orlando are not made like "hole-punches" (as in the Grand Scenic) but with rounded U-shaped bars and so these should be much safer in the unlikely situation of hitting the foot.

• Praise 2

I went down to KM and Alpine to have a look at both cars. Orlando looks much more rugged and solid, test drove it and felt the power of the turbocharged engine. Mobilio, I wasn't too impressed with the interior as I visually sensed that my airwave has got larger legroom; there's only one Mobilio here so no test drive until April/May, so says the SE who served me.

Price wise, Orlando is at $116k (listed price is $140k) vs Mobilio at $122k... OMV, i believe both are about $18k.

The Orlando is definitely much more rugged and solid. It feels like a typical heavy German Opel car but made in Asia. Open the side panels and you can see GM sound absorbing materials lining the inside. Very good NVH improvements compared to most Japanese makes.

Many accessories for the Orlando are available from eBay, Amazon or Aliexpress. Even some of those original accessories made for the Cruze are compatible with the Orlando, e.g. sunglass holders.

For those who miss having automatic headlights, the add-on auto headlight kit for the Cruze are sold in Aliexpress. It would work fine on the Orlando LS without auto headlights.

Edited by Maverick713

Palden, on 10 Feb 2015 - 2:23 PM, said:

Everything in Korean. Cannot understand.

looks wise "meedah" about the same de yoo.....

kumsa meedah

So what is the difference?

Actually chev is not in my wish car brand list. If u hv seen the current one u might tell the diff from the site despite in Korean Language meeda. But easily first tell is the drl on headlamp which is opposit angle side from merc .

Actually chev is not in my wish car brand list. If u hv seen the current one u might tell the diff from the site despite in Korean Language meeda. But easily first tell is the drl on headlamp which is opposit angle side from merc .

Not just the headlights but also changes on the tail lights which are now all LEDs.

Anyway, I think the current Orlando's headlights look better. The FL headlights look like those thick glasses we see on old spectacles - it's kind of nerdy looking.

What I do like very much is the car's sound insulation. It's a very quiet car to drive even with the noisy stock tires.

One thing needed to take note is the ATF replacement. I recently did my 20K km servicing and I took the chance to ask the service dept. They will replace only if you request for them to do it on the 40K km mark. Why I asked is becoz I have done some reading on the gearbox before I bought the car. GM claimed that the gb is a sealed unit meaning less chance of the ATF to oxidise and aged prematurely. But in Singapore's weather and start/stop driving conditions it's better to request for the 40K km interval ATF replacement even though they gave us the 5years warranty.

I went down to KM and Alpine to have a look at both cars. Orlando looks much more rugged and solid, test drove it and felt the power of the turbocharged engine. Mobilio, I wasn't too impressed with the interior as I visually sensed that my airwave has got larger legroom; there's only one Mobilio here so no test drive until April/May, so says the SE who served me.

Price wise, Orlando is at $116k (listed price is $140k) vs Mobilio at $122k... OMV, i believe both are about $18k.

One more thing about Orlando. It has zero CEV, so the scrap value will be be 50% of OMV at the end of 10 years. For mobilio, its actually paper value after 5K CEV rebate will be about 13K, so scrap value will be less.

Just want to find out more about the NavTrack system used on Orlando... any feedback on it? Does it come with wireless mirroring? Is it still possible to upgrade to a better head unit?

One more thing about Orlando. It has zero CEV, so the scrap value will be be 50% of OMV at the end of 10 years. For mobilio, its actually paper value after 5K CEV rebate will be about 13K, so scrap value will be less.

Just want to find out more about the NavTrack system used on Orlando... any feedback on it? Does it come with wireless mirroring? Is it still possible to upgrade to a better head unit?

That's precisely why I struck the French diesel "green" MPVs off my shopping list. The true depreciations for them are much higher than what most people see once we include the CEVS being net-off the scrap value.

The NavTrack software on the Orlando is the Galactio, developed in Singapore by Quantum Inventions. Unlike other in-vehicle GPS, this one uses the official LTA map which is often updated with new roads, new landmarks, new buildings etc. Even the Malaysian maps are often updated and published in the Galactio website.

To me, this Galactio GPS system is one of the most relevant type for the local motorist.

Not sure what you mean by "wireless mirroring"? Are you referring to the receiving of TMC for real-time traffic updates from LTA?

The NavTrack software on the Orlando is the Galactio, developed in Singapore by Quantum Inventions. Unlike other in-vehicle GPS, this one uses the official LTA map which is often updated with new roads, new landmarks, new buildings etc. Even the Malaysian maps are often updated and published in the Galactio website.

To me, this Galactio GPS system is one of the most relevant type for the local motorist.

Not sure what you mean by "wireless mirroring"? Are you referring to the receiving of TMC for real-time traffic updates from LTA?

The wireless mirroring I referred to means that the in-car entertainment system is able to mirror what is on my iphone screen. There are some ICE systems in the market that can do that. I'm thinking of changing the NavTrack to another setup, but based on your feedback, I think I will give it a try first. I guess along the way, I will slowly mod the car... [:)]

Collecting my car this Sat. Looking forward to join the Chevy family again! Used to own the Chevy Aveo from 2005 to 2007 before changing to Civic FD. Teamchevy forum now seem to be so quiet compared to the past.

The wireless mirroring I referred to means that the in-car entertainment system is able to mirror what is on my iphone screen. There are some ICE systems in the market that can do that. I'm thinking of changing the NavTrack to another setup, but based on your feedback, I think I will give it a try first. I guess along the way, I will slowly mod the car... [:)]

Collecting my car this Sat. Looking forward to join the Chevy family again! Used to own the Chevy Aveo from 2005 to 2007 before changing to Civic FD. Teamchevy forum now seem to be so quiet compared to the past.

Most likely will be getting Orlando too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1