Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Latest 129k

heart attack... I refused to go in while it was $119K. Now $129K! Promotion is over?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I went for test drive 2 weeks ago and noticed a two minus points as compared to Wish.

1. The back of 2nd row seat is higher than Wish, which block the view and air circulation of the last row.

2. The back of 3rd row cannot be adjusted. When 3rd row is occupied, the back must recline fully and almost touches the rear window. As a result, limited cargo space. For wish, the back can be set to vertical, perpendicular to the seat, so that tall luggage (such as wheel chair) can go in.

Point 3: Mz5 is $7000 more than Orlando means the "free" servicing is already "paid for", right?

Point 4. Warranty, Mazda5 5years warranty +3years free servicing, Orlando 5years warranty but no free service by default. Not sure about this but I got 3 years free servicing when I bought in November last year at probably $1K more (after less the freebies) than the current pricing.

Point 16. Power fold side mirror, auto headlamp on/off, Mz5=yes, Orlando=yes for power fold mirror but no for auto headlamp. However, I have overcome that by fixing a simple auto headlamp controller designed for Chevrolet models:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-automatic-headlight-Sensor-switch-for-Chevrolet-Cruze-Aveo-Malibu-New-Regal-Free-shipping/2009791577.html

car-automatic-headlight-sensor-switch-fo

for the $7k difference in price, is there any difference in OMV of the 2 car?

I went for test drive 2 weeks ago and noticed a two minus points as compared to Wish.

1. The back of 2nd row seat is higher than Wish, which block the view and air circulation of the last row.

2. The back of 3rd row cannot be adjusted. When 3rd row is occupied, the back must recline fully and almost touches the rear window. As a result, limited cargo space. For wish, the back can be set to vertical, perpendicular to the seat, so that tall luggage (such as wheel chair) can go in.

Just wondering, does Wish have 2nd row air con vents like Orlando? So far my third row passengers have not complained about stuffiness as my temperature is usually set to 22 degrees celcius.

I agree about the boot space. When the third row seats are up, the boot space is almost negligible. It is not a car where I can drive 7 people on a road trip to Malaysia with all their luggage.

Bro, listed price or nett price??

129k seems high compare to 5-6month bk

Ya... Can't really understand why the increase in car price is so much more than the COE increase.

Confirm discontinued. Wonder whether there will be a replacement model.

I drove a Chevrolet Aveo in 2005 and was quite active in the car club forum a while back. Some of the forummers there are still driving their almost 10 year Chevys and they have no problems with spare parts or finding workshops for maintainence even though their AD(Starauto) has since closed down and Alpine motors have taken over fully. Anyway, the AD should maintain their inventory of parts for at least 10 years.

I am not too sure about the current price. But I guess should be about 120-125k? Just pop by to get a SE contact and ask him to update you lor. The longer I drive my Orlando, the more convinced that I have made the right choice.

(edited)

Hi Palden, do you mean you have checked with Alpine motor, and they confirmed Orlando is discontinued in SG?

Edited by Diaoweifeng

Hi Palden, do you mean you have checked with Alpine motor, and they confirmed Orlando is discontinued in SG?

I think he means the Aveo is discontinued, not the Orlando.

Confirm discontinued. Wonder whether there will be a replacement model.

It has been renamed to Chevrolet Sonic in Singapore. Think the Aveo name is still used in other countries.

Just saw two new Orlandos on the roads last night... one was SKT plate while the other was SKS plate. Both are wine coloured ones. Haven't seen any black ones since I got mine a few months back.

Hope to see more Orlando on the road too, drove my Orlando up to Genting Highland last month and saw a red one there at the carpark. [wave]

Sorry offsite topic abit. I driving a 2 coming to 3 years old Orlando. All the while still serving with apline motors. Should I start serving my car outside workshop or should remain with apline. Just thinking of the guarantee given which left abt 2 years plus. Advise anyone? Anyone driving new car which starting serving outside?

Sorry offsite topic abit. I driving a 2 coming to 3 years old Orlando. All the while still serving with apline motors. Should I start serving my car outside workshop or should remain with apline. Just thinking of the guarantee given which left abt 2 years plus. Advise anyone? Anyone driving new car which starting serving outside?

I have one colleague who got his Orlando at around the same time as you. So far, I heard that he is still going back to Alpine for servicing. His rationale is that he would rather spend that little bit of extra money on servicing, rather than having his warranty voided and can't claim should his engine parts be down the next two years.

Hope to see more Orlando on the road too, drove my Orlando up to Genting Highland last month and saw a red one there at the carpark. [wave]

Malaysian-plate? Orlandos not common in Malaysia. Malaysians mainly buy the Chevrolet Colorado 4WD pickup trucks.

Was in Paris a couple of times this year. I see more Orlandos in a week there than in Singapore. It's a pity they had pulled out of Europe.

Malaysian-plate? Orlandos not common in Malaysia. Malaysians mainly buy the Chevrolet Colorado 4WD pickup trucks.

Was in Paris a couple of times this year. I see more Orlandos in a week there than in Singapore. It's a pity they had pulled out of Europe.

Ya, it's a Johore registered Orlando. I remember I came across a Chevrolet Showroom in Permas Jaya in Johore last time I went there for seafood. Not sure the office still there or not?

Ya, it's a Johore registered Orlando. I remember I came across a Chevrolet Showroom in Permas Jaya in Johore last time I went there for seafood. Not sure the office still there or not?

Go there servicing is it cheaper

Go there servicing is it cheaper

Hello guys...

Traded in my VW Golf 7 1.4TSI for the Orlando a few weeks back before the June 2nd COE bid, nett price was S$126,000. Collecting car end July. Asked for White & Yellow plates, but SE claims its Alpine policy to only issue black plates. Doesn't quite make sense to me as all my previous Cars AD had no problem throwing in w/y plates.

Other than that, power wise, the Golf is 119bhp with 200Nm torque, which is similar to the Orlando, but weigh in 1262kg instead of 1650kg, as i'm often driving at full load, I can almost imagine driving around in the Orlando day-to-day, it shouldn't be that bad i guess, definite not underpowered... just probably less powered than the golf; which is btw quite fast and nimble at handling. Anyway main reason for trading in the golf is due to the need for bigger cabin space, and also partly the unreliable DSG DC GBox... which was a pain but really smooth to drive though. Wet Gbox always got problem, regardless whether they switch from synthetic to mineral oil, imho.

Must commend that the boot space can be converted to 7 seats, which can come in handy when planning an impromptu family dinner and day-trip.

Random thoughts...

Any bros here has met up or road-trip together yet?

↡ Advertisement